TKSR15

Documents for AOS interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone

My wife's AOS interview is coming up I know I should bring everything I sent in the I-485 package. On the Interview notice form they list everything to bring my only doubt is "All documents establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status" What else could they want that I have not already sent? I don't want to show up without something she needs.

Thanks

6/2005 we met in Brazil, I returned to US we stayed in contact.

9/2005 returned to Brazil asked her to marry me. :dancing:

11/2005 moved to Brazil and got married.

6/2006 daughter born in Brazil.

11/2006 took wife and daughter to meet my family in US.

10/2012 vacationed in the US 3 months

3/2014 2nd daughter born in Brazil.

11/2015 visited US again

12/2015 decided to start AOS.

4/4/2016 mailed AOS package

4/6/2016 AOS package received.

4/19/2016 received text AOs received and checks cashed

4/23/2016 received hard copy I-797c for I-485 and I-130

4/29/2016 received biometrics notice, scheduled for 5/10/2016

5/10/2016 Biometrics done, Nashville Tn.

5/20/2016 Received RFIE on I-485

5/31/2016 mailed response for RFIE

6/6/2016 NBC office received response to RFIE

6/13/2016 received notice that case is ready to schedule for interview.

6/22/2016 received notice for interview set for 7/25/2016

6/25/2016 received hard copy in mail for interview

7/25/2016 interview AOS approved.

7/28/2016 received I-797 for AOS approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sounds like part of a form letter; they mean proof of the marriage.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You should also bring any additional proof that you have gathered since submitting your original paperwork. Good luck!

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

reading your timeline, i dont think you will have a problem! bring whatever joint documents you have, and of course photos with each other families are good (the fact you have been married since 2005 will mean she gets the 10yr GC right away). i dont think you will have a tough interview to be honest. I was asked one quesiton.

Timeline

Thank you for all the responses,

We really don't have a lot of proof other than the time we have been married 10 years and our two daughters with dual citizenship. We did make a couple of trips to the US while we lived in Brazil and I will bring our old passports to show proof. I am also going to bring the girls to the interview, what better proof? We never had a joint account or really anything in both our names everything was and still is in my name. we will take with us lots of photos of wedding and family trip in Brazil and in US.

Edited by TKSR15

11/2015 visited US again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for all the responses,

We really don't have a lot of proof other than the time we have been married 10 years and our two daughters with dual citizenship. We did make a couple of trips to the US while we lived in Brazil and I will bring our old passports to show proof. I am also going to bring the girls to the interview, what better proof? We never had a joint account or really anything in both our names everything was and still is in my name.

Do you have a joint cell phone bill? Credit card bill?? File taxes together? Put her name on your bank account.. i dont think your case has any red flags, but they will want to take one joint bill with them. are you on the same lease?

You cant tell me in 10 years you guys dont have your names on 1 bill together. Can you show drivers license/ID from Brazil where you lived together?? can you prove you lived together in Brazil for those 10 yrs??

Edited by caliliving

Timeline

Do you have a joint cell phone bill? Credit card bill?? File taxes together? Put her name on your bank account.. i dont think your case has any red flags, but they will want to take one joint bill with them. are you on the same lease?

You cant tell me in 10 years you guys dont have your names on 1 bill together. Can you show drivers license/ID from Brazil where you lived together?? can you prove you lived together in Brazil for those 10 yrs??

Thanks for the help.

We lived in a house owned by good friends, like a apartment on top of a house never had a lease or anything and paid our rent, electric and water together. I had a savings account and she had an account only to receive her pay as a teacher. Driver license in Brazil don't have your address. When we left Brazil we came here on vacation and had not at that moment planned on staying. When we decided to stay our friends mailed a box of our personal stuff, we never went back. I never thought we would need anything like that. Son as crazy as it sounds no we don't have a document of any kind to prove we lived together, we are only a few weeks from the interview.

11/2015 visited US again

Hey everyone

My wife's AOS interview is coming up I know I should bring everything I sent in the I-485 package. On the Interview notice form they list everything to bring my only doubt is "All documents establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status" What else could they want that I have not already sent? I don't want to show up without something she needs.

Thanks

Hi!

So I didn't read everyone's response, but I'm here to tell you exactly what I took to my interview. (My interview was on June 30th, last Thursday)

Although the check list tells you to bring in "all documents", the immigration officer that interviewed my husband and I had a file with everything I had sent in (I-485, I-30, I-765)

I did want to be thorough and take everything I had, I just ended up spending money on the same exact pictures and photocopies I had sent the first time.

Like, although I had already sent in a certified copy of my marriage certificate, the checklist said to bring every bona fide evidence. The immigration officer already had the first certified copy I sent, so he didn't need another one.

He didn't take anything else from me, except for an affidavit my friend wrote about my relationship with my husband, our lease with both our names on it, car insurance with both our names on it, and bank statement with both our names out it (documents I hadn't sent in previously)

Of course, be sure to take her I-94 and her work permit, if she got one, because if your interview goes well, the officer will most likely take the I-94.

The officer took my I-94, but he didn't take my work permit. -- I think he didn't take it because he asked about my job and my husband said that I had a job interview lined up for later that day. The immigration officer wished me luck on that, so maybe he didn't take it from me because he figured I'd need it soon? Plus, apparently the green card takes up to a month to get mailed after getting approved.

Anyways, after the interview, the officer game me a paper saying that my application is being held for review, which pretty bummed me out because I wasn't sure what that meant. But then I went to uscis and tracked my case and said that my card was sent to be made, and then on July 1st, my form I-485 was approved, and they'd mail me an approval notice.

So, I'm rambling on, but I wanted to share.

Good luck!!! :) :) And don't be nervous. My immigration officer was super nice and laughed at my jokes

Edited by slee0000

Timeline

Hi!

So I didn't read everyone's response, but I'm here to tell you exactly what I took to my interview. (My interview was on June 30th, last Thursday)

Although the check list tells you to bring in "all documents", the immigration officer that interviewed my husband and I had a file with everything I had sent in (I-485, I-30, I-765)

I did want to be thorough and take everything I had, I just ended up spending money on the same exact pictures and photocopies I had sent the first time.

Like, although I had already sent in a certified copy of my marriage certificate, the checklist said to bring every bona fide evidence. The immigration officer already had the first certified copy I sent, so he didn't need another one.

He didn't take anything else from me, except for an affidavit my friend wrote about my relationship with my husband, our lease with both our names on it, car insurance with both our names on it, and bank statement with both our names out it (documents I hadn't sent in previously)

Of course, be sure to take her I-94 and her work permit, if she got one, because if your interview goes well, the officer will most likely take the I-94.

The officer took my I-94, but he didn't take my work permit. -- I think he didn't take it because he asked about my job and my husband said that I had a job interview lined up for later that day. The immigration officer wished me luck on that, so maybe he didn't take it from me because he figured I'd need it soon? Plus, apparently the green card takes up to a month to get mailed after getting approved.

Anyways, after the interview, the officer game me a paper saying that my application is being held for review, which pretty bummed me out because I wasn't sure what that meant. But then I went to uscis and tracked my case and said that my card was sent to be made, and then on July 1st, my form I-485 was approved, and they'd mail me an approval notice.

So, I'm rambling on, but I wanted to share.

Good luck!!! :) :) And don't be nervous. My immigration officer was super nice and laughed at my jokes

Hi thanks for the reply.

I will like you take everything again most people do. They probably ask you do bring those items incase they are missing anything. The only problem anyone has told me is proving we lived together in Brazil we have been married 10 years and lived in Brazil the whole time until Nov 2015 when we came to the states on a visit. I'm not really worried and am not the nervous type. Our only problem is we don't have any documents with both our names on them from the time we lived in Brazil and she is not on our lease here or on my bank account here because she does not have a SSN. We did not apply for a work card for my wife, she is a stay at home mom. I am counting on the fact we have two daughters born in Brazil with dual citizenship to prove legitimate marriage. Like i said I'm going to take the girls with us to the interview. We are trying to get a letter from our friends in Brazil we rented from to help show we lived together but not sure if there is enough time. Even express mail takes a lot of time in and out of Brazil. Interview is on the 25th.of July.

Again Thanks for the response. a

11/2015 visited US again

Hi thanks for the reply.

I will like you take everything again most people do. They probably ask you do bring those items incase they are missing anything. The only problem anyone has told me is proving we lived together in Brazil we have been married 10 years and lived in Brazil the whole time until Nov 2015 when we came to the states on a visit. I'm not really worried and am not the nervous type. Our only problem is we don't have any documents with both our names on them from the time we lived in Brazil and she is not on our lease here or on my bank account here because she does not have a SSN. We did not apply for a work card for my wife, she is a stay at home mom. I am counting on the fact we have two daughters born in Brazil with dual citizenship to prove legitimate marriage. Like i said I'm going to take the girls with us to the interview. We are trying to get a letter from our friends in Brazil we rented from to help show we lived together but not sure if there is enough time. Even express mail takes a lot of time in and out of Brazil. Interview is on the 25th.of July.

Again Thanks for the response. a

I wasn't able to have my name "officially" on our lease, but they were able to put my name as living with him and what our relationship was. Maybe your leasing office can do the same for you?

Good luck on everything!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.