Phillabuster

Just a few questions!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey all, us again! Things are moving quickly. It was only a week and a half or so between sending the packet and recieving our NOA1! How exciting!!

I'm trying to prepare everything now so we can hit the ground running, since the USCIS seems to be on fire with processing (and thank goodness for that). You all have been so helpful so far, thank you!

- Can we do the police check now, or will we have to wait until we get an interview date? (I've read that you need nationwide, full disclosure, and no fingerprints, let me know if that's incorrect!)
- Can we get the medical out of the way, or should we wait? Either way, can anyone recommend a good place in Brisbane?
- Can anyone recommend a decently priced hotel (preferably within walking distance) near the consulate in Sydney?

- Should I wait to get the letter from my employer and bank for the Affidavit of Support? Does it matter when it is dated?
- I forgot to make a copy of the money order I sent to USCIS. I still have the reciept stub. Would it work to copy this instead? Is there something else I should do when I send her the duplicate packet?

Thank y'all in advance! I'm looking forward to being well-versed in this so I can help future applicants too.

Also, bonus question: my future wife does not know I have purchased a ring for her, but I included it in the petition packet to help our case. When I send the duplicate, can I put that piece of paper inside an envelope so she can't read it? If I'm screwed, I'm screwed, but I'd like to at least try to surprise her when she makes it to the states. ;w;

Cheers, everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, my fiancé is in Chinchilla and went to cop shop and was told it had to be done online, https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au and for medical the only certified Dr's in Queensland are at Anzac Square Medical Center, the report is only good for 6 months so we are like you and want everything ready to go, but we are going to wait just until we get Noa2. He did order the police records.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Police reports in Australia are valid for a year, so ok with that

Medical exams NO

you must travel within 6 months of the exam after getting your visa / so wait on that part

Hey all, us again! Things are moving quickly. It was only a week and a half or so between sending the packet and recieving our NOA1! How exciting!!

I'm trying to prepare everything now so we can hit the ground running, since the USCIS seems to be on fire with processing (and thank goodness for that). You all have been so helpful so far, thank you!

- Can we do the police check now, or will we have to wait until we get an interview date? (I've read that you need nationwide, full disclosure, and no fingerprints, let me know if that's incorrect!)

- Can we get the medical out of the way, or should we wait? Either way, can anyone recommend a good place in Brisbane?

- Can anyone recommend a decently priced hotel (preferably within walking distance) near the consulate in Sydney?

- Should I wait to get the letter from my employer and bank for the Affidavit of Support? Does it matter when it is dated?

- I forgot to make a copy of the money order I sent to USCIS. I still have the reciept stub. Would it work to copy this instead? Is there something else I should do when I send her the duplicate packet?

Thank y'all in advance! I'm looking forward to being well-versed in this so I can help future applicants too.

Also, bonus question: my future wife does not know I have purchased a ring for her, but I included it in the petition packet to help our case. When I send the duplicate, can I put that piece of paper inside an envelope so she can't read it? If I'm screwed, I'm screwed, but I'd like to at least try to surprise her when she makes it to the states. ;w;

Cheers, everyone!

Hey there,

The Police check is good for a year, I waited until I got my NO2 before getting (but make sure you get the right one) it has to be done through the Australian Federal Police site and when you come to the drop down box for reasons of obtaining it, you choose for immigration purposes - $45

The medical can only be done at the Anzac Square Medical Centre in Brisbane City. Cost is $485, any immunisation's if needed are extra. My medical is tomorrow. Remember to take any immunisation documentation to medical. Also you can't book medical until you have interview letter as they ask for the interview date and your nvc number (I tried to book before receiving that)

As for hotel's in Sydney, I booked the cheapest one as soon as I got my interview date 26/7 at the Break Free Hotel $79 for the night (was hoping I wouldn't have to stay the night before but interview is at 8:15am) and it is suppose to be a 6 minute walk.

As for the AOS my husband just send me a letter from his employer and 6 months of pay stubs.

Hope this helps

Edited by Tac05

15/09/2012 - Married ?
Spent the last 2.5 years travelling between countries & deciding on where we are going to live...USA IT IS!!! ??
28/09/2015 - I-130 submitted
06/10/2015 - NOA 1 received
04/02/2016 - Approved! NOA 2 received via text
17/02/2016 - Petition sent to NVC
24/02/2016 - NVC received
08/03/2016 - Case number & IIN number received over the phone
09/03/2016 - Form DS-261 completed
09/03/2016 - AOS Fee paid
18/03/2016 - Received and paid IV Bill
22/03/2016 - Sent AOS & IV Documents
24/03/2016 - Scan date
08/04/2016 - Received RFE - apparently I didn't send I-864 form (as if I would forget that!) and police certificate (admittedly I sent the wrong one?)
18/04/2016 - Resent required documents (had to wait a week for new police certificate)
20/04/2016 - 2nd scan date for RFE documents
09/05/2016 - Case Completed ? (Now just waiting for interview date!!!)
26/05/2016 - Received Interview letter via email, interview scheduled for 26/07/2016 ??

'I CAN ALMOST SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL'

event.png

event.png

event.png

It might be better to wait a little, as you said, you just got the receipt. Approvals are taking around 3 months now, once you get the approval, your case still goes to nvc and after to the embassy, and that's taking around a month or more.

I'd suggest waiting for the approval first.

You guys can start looking what's going to be needed, where to go and get the documents, how long it will take to get documents back, etc... So you're prepared and ready to go when the approval comes.

Patience and good luck!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Gotcha! I might get her on getting a police report because she gets easily overwhelmed, and if it's that cheap then I'm not particularly fussed ( I also have faith in the speed of the thing. Unless she needs to present it at POE? I thought it was just needed to send to the consulate.)

Thanks, everyone! You've been incredibly helpful. I'm confident we will make it through with very little fuss outside the general fuss they put ya through for the K1. : P

Gotcha! I might get her on getting a police report because she gets easily overwhelmed, and if it's that cheap then I'm not particularly fussed ( I also have faith in the speed of the thing. Unless she needs to present it at POE? I thought it was just needed to send to the consulate.)

Thanks, everyone! You've been incredibly helpful. I'm confident we will make it through with very little fuss outside the general fuss they put ya through for the K1. : P

Just to the consulate. Research the requirements specific to her consulate and do however is best to the two of you, keeping in mind how long the documents are valid for.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.