panda-and-penguin

DS-160 before or after packet

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I got notification that NDC will now forward the petition to the embassy in Guangzhou. I started to help my fiance fill out the online application, DS-160. Our question is, should we submit the DS-160 now or do we have to wait until she has received the packet?

Also, I'm wondering about the Form I-134, Affidavit of Support form. I keep reading that I need to get a letter from my bank or something but I don't see any mention of that on this form...

Thanks in advance for the help,

Kevin

I agree with Georgia. The best place to ask would be in your forum. That said, I'm not a patient person to wait for the packet, so I went ahead and contacted some VJ members (it's such an awesome community and many don't mind helping out) on what our embassy specifically required and started working on it.

My fiance and I went ahead and filled out the DS-160 and saved it so we're ready to submit it as soon as we get a case number. Since you have notification that says that it's on its way to Guangzhou and probably have your case number, I would go ahead and submit it as it will probably be there in a couple of days and you can easily track the progress of when it's "ready" with your NVC case number.

The types of documents required and stated on the i-134 statement from an officer of the bank outlining your accounts and statement from your employer. Here's the link to the instructions https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Now some embassies may require more or less (tax forms, pay stubs, W2, etc.), so definitely check in with your forum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I agree with Georgia. The best place to ask would be in your forum. That said, I'm not a patient person to wait for the packet, so I went ahead and contacted some VJ members (it's such an awesome community and many don't mind helping out) on what our embassy specifically required and started working on it.

My fiance and I went ahead and filled out the DS-160 and saved it so we're ready to submit it as soon as we get a case number. Since you have notification that says that it's on its way to Guangzhou and probably have your case number, I would go ahead and submit it as it will probably be there in a couple of days and you can easily track the progress of when it's "ready" with your NVC case number.

The types of documents required and stated on the i-134 statement from an officer of the bank outlining your accounts and statement from your employer. Here's the link to the instructions https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Now some embassies may require more or less (tax forms, pay stubs, W2, etc.), so definitely check in with your forum.

It's not case number for DS-160 it's the receipt number...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.