he went to interview 2016

got green card 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Saliejit said:

Finally he got 10 years green card

he went to interview 2016

got green card 2018

Thank you so much for sharinf this info! I appreciate it. 

May I ask what steps you took and what dragged the process for so long? Currently I have been waiting a month since our interview during which we were told that we are approved.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, kvito28 said:

May I ask what steps you took and what dragged the process for so long? Currently I have been waiting a month since our interview during which we were told that we are approved.

After interviewed they gave paper work that said case will be hold for review 

then after that a year they asked for more paperwork (2017)

he got green card 2018

we went to intro pass many time but they did not give any information 

7 hours ago, kvito28 said:

Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, A&H2018 said:

My case is other way so far. i130 approved right away, no i485 approval in the system for now 9days when verbally given approval.

I have not had any updates still yet. It has been over a month. My field office takes infopass appointments only by calling and the reps would not let me schedule it. They say 120 days needs to pass before I can go in. There is absolutey nothing to be done but wait which is bs. Often times someone forget to press 1-2 buttons and that is the reason of the delay.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

I have not had any updates still yet. It has been over a month. My field office takes infopass appointments only by calling and the reps would not let me schedule it. They say 120 days needs to pass before I can go in. There is absolutey nothing to be done but wait which is bs. Often times someone forget to press 1-2 buttons and that is the reason of the delay.

Mine got approved finally today. I made cases with ombudsman and senators last week. Yup its basically exactly that someone didnt take 5 minutes to cliick 2 buttons and needs a reminder. I would say if you really cant wait and worried to just reach out to ombudsman or your senator to get that reminder sent to the IO.

Timeline
6 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Mine got approved finally today. I made cases with ombudsman and senators last week. Yup its basically exactly that someone didnt take 5 minutes to cliick 2 buttons and needs a reminder. I would say if you really cant wait and worried to just reach out to ombudsman or your senator to get that reminder sent to the IO.

How long ago did you have your interview?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Sept 12th. I130 approved overnight. 

Let's hope that happens to me as well. I had contact info and fax numbers from my previous inquiries from earlier this year and I just asked for help again. Sent it to 2 senators and Ombudsman. 

Thank you so much for your info. How long after you inquired you got approved?

Timeline
1 hour ago, kvito28 said:

Let's hope that happens to me as well. I had contact info and fax numbers from my previous inquiries from earlier this year and I just asked for help again. Sent it to 2 senators and Ombudsman. 

Thank you so much for your info. How long after you inquired you got approved?

Same as you was told approved at interview. My i485 got approved earlier today. Is your i130 approved yet?

Timeline
8 hours ago, kvito28 said:

No, it is not. Nothing has changed at all.

That is strange if the IO thought your marriage is bonafided, approving the i130 should truly be clicking 1 button. The i485 since is more crucial to check some records I could see a delay, in our case she had to verify all my border crossings. Truly sounds like the person disappaered off to vacation and forgot or so. Yah for sure reach out to your Senator, its easier to reach out now since the IO may remember you and truly you have a good memory of what exactly was told in the interview.

The 120 day rule has to do with employment green cards while marriage could be years actually, so seems your field office making up their own rules to not get bombarded with people that is rather unfornate situation. Also something also to let your senator know.

Timeline
1 minute ago, A&H2018 said:

That is strange if the IO thought your marriage is bonafided, approving the i130 should truly be clicking 1 button. The i485 since is more crucial to check some records I could see a delay, in our case she had to verify all my border crossings. Truly sounds like the person disappaered off to vacation and forgot or so. Yah for sure reach out to your Senator, its easier to reach out now since the IO may remember you and truly you have a good memory of what exactly was told in the interview.

The 120 day rule has to do with employment green cards while marriage could be years actually, so seems your field office making up their own rules to not get bombarded with people that is rather unfornate situation. Also something also to let your senator know.

I reached out to about 5 different offices. In the past they have been helpful. I hope that is the case now too.

IO did mention one thing. He said that we sent too much documents and our file was very thick. He said he was gonna go over it and dispose unnecessary documents. Maybe he does not wanna do it for some time idk. It is indeed unfortunate. 

Another thing is that IO forgot to take my fingerprint at the end of the interview and chase me down to the parking lot. We went up and he took my fingerprint there. Not sure if this affects at all.

Timeline
On 9/24/2018 at 1:56 PM, A&H2018 said:

Wow this was fast. Mine just got approved! 1 days after congressional inquiry. Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.