Mavin

Missing document during interview- Montreal, Canada

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my interview was yesterday- June 7th, 2016

I am not the careless type but of course, it had to be on a day very important like this that I'll be careless. Well, I brought in the incorrect birth certificate to the interview in Montreal, Canada (I have two birth certificates- the unofficial one given to my parents at the hospital and the second is the official one....i brought in the "unofficial" one). Everything was perfect but I didnt have the original birth certificate so the interviewer said my visa has been approved but he needs to see my original birth certificate so he gave me my passport back and said to mail him the passport and original birth certificate for the visa processing to commence. I immediately took a flight back to Toronto, mailed it yesterday and it's showing via Canada Post that it was delivered at 9:30am today.

I checked CEAC website and my status is sitting on AP- Administrative Processing since yesterday. Please, can anyone who has been in this kind of situation or someone who is familiar with it tell me what i should be expecting going forward? Like will it be processed on time and mailed back ASAP? should i just prepare to wait for some time (weeks, months) or is it a fast thing since the interviewer said it has been approved?

*sigh* I'll appreciate your response(s)

Thanks

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

Result- Approved but missing original birth certificate

June 7th- Mailed original birth certificate

June 8th- Offsite facility received original birth certificate

June 13th- Consulate received original birth certificate

June 29th- Requested for passport to travel

July 8th- Received passport

July 8th- (didnt need passport anymore) mailed it back to consulate

July 9th- Offsite facility received passport

July 13th- Consulate received passport

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 10th- Received tracking number at 2pm

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

August 25th- SSN came in the mail :D

October 16th, RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

Timeline

P:S I keep reading here that some people got a 221g form, the interviewer did not give me this, he simply said "Mail me your original birth certificate with your passport and please ensure to include your Case # (which he underlined)" so your visa can be processed.

So my interview was yesterday- June 7th, 2016

I am not the careless type but of course, it had to be on a day very important like this that I'll be careless. Well, I brought in the incorrect birth certificate to the interview in Montreal, Canada (I have two birth certificates- the unofficial one given to my parents at the hospital and the second is the official one....i brought in the "unofficial" one). Everything was perfect but I didnt have the original birth certificate so the interviewer said my visa has been approved but he needs to see my original birth certificate so he gave me my passport back and said to mail him the passport and original birth certificate for the visa processing to commence. I immediately took a flight back to Toronto, mailed it yesterday and it's showing via Canada Post that it was delivered at 9:30am today.

I checked CEAC website and my status is sitting on AP- Administrative Processing since yesterday. Please, can anyone who has been in this kind of situation or someone who is familiar with it tell me what i should be expecting going forward? Like will it be processed on time and mailed back ASAP? should i just prepare to wait for some time (weeks, months) or is it a fast thing since the interviewer said it has been approved?

*sigh* I'll appreciate your response(s)

Thanks

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

I forgot the original copy of my birth certificate as well, same thing happened: approved but mail the birth certificate. It took less than a week and my passport arrived with the visa!

Timeline

I know not all cases are the same but THANK YOU i just needed to read something ...anything from anyone. Brought tears to my eyes, it has been a long journey.

Thank you so much.

I forgot the original copy of my birth certificate as well, same thing happened: approved but mail the birth certificate. It took less than a week and my passport arrived with the visa!

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

It can take a week to 12 weeks. Depends on how fast Montreal works on your case. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Canada regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am also currently dealing with this same thing. They requested a new letter of intent to marry as the date on mine was expired by 15 days. It was delivered this morning to the Consulate. Did you receive your visa? How long did it take?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.