henny123

My K1 medical exam at St. Luke's clinic June 8, 2016 1st day

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

June 8, 2016

My 1st day to undergo Medical at St. Luke's clinic extension.

I'd like to share to you my experience today in having my medical.

So, this day was a day that I was not expecting to have my medical appointment however, I have decided to just do it because I have irregular periods and it is hard to predict when I'm going to have it. Plus, it is vital to schedule your appointment before your expected menstruation day or else you'll have to wait a week after your last day of period because it it will affect some of your blood works. So, better safe than sorry right?

Anyway, better to properly think and schedule your appointments very well before digging into it so you'll go pretty smooth.

June 7, 2016 (11:20pm)

I arrived here in Manila and directly went to my hotel which is in Hotel Soriente. The place is very convenient and is just one minute walk away from St. Lukes Clinic. Yeah right? One minute, just saved me taxi fares. So anyway, since I arrived midnight I didnt really had time to sleep because I planned to go to the clinic at 3:30, I had the feeling that I'd be the first in line.

3:40Am

I left the hotel and head straight to the clinic for about a minute walk, surprisingly I saw like 20-25 people already in line. wow! Thought I was the first, but these people came from different parts of the Philippines, so just like you, they planned to go on early.

So, it is Wednesday as many people said, go on the middle of the week as it has less people. That's true!

4:50

finally, guard opened the lights and doors letting the people in by giving them numbers. So, take note: this is my experience, the following requirements are needed;

PLEASE PREPARE:

Passport original and photocopy

Appointment letter from the US embassy ( the actual interview appointment letter) Original email and photocopy

SLEC Online Registration form (Original email and Photocopy)

NVC letter or email (this is the intruction letter that says you are eligible to be interviewed, make sure that there is your Case number in the email or letter because the Guard will ask and look for it.

2x2 photo 4 pieces (Sign your name and bithdate)

This time show it to the guard. He will check if everything is complete and correct so you'll get your number. In my case I was No. 14.

Notes:

-make sure to eat before going to the clinic because once you get there everything is fast phased. Like really! So, dont go anywhere stay where you are seated once you get it because even though outside it says they are open at 6:30, the workers in the clinic can start as early as 5:30, so don't get the chance to miss your number.

Step 1

1st floor, workers over the window started calling as early as 5:20, when your number is called, line up and go to the designated window you are assigned to; She will ask your name, age, date of birth, let you sign some documents and review info and have biometrics. Once everything is done you'll be given a check list and will be asked to go to the 5th floor for payment.

Step 2 (Pay at the 5th floor)

for k1 visas I paid 11,300 php at the cashier.

Step 3 ( 4th floor for blood extraction)

this is for the laboratory, take note there is no need for Urinalysis:)

hand over to the front desk workers your checklist and wait for your name to be called and present your passport. Don't worry if you see some most people wearing a mask, they are having different testings.

When your done you'll be asked to go to the 3rd floor for Chest X-ray

Step 4 ( Chest X-ray )

hand over your checklist and passport to the lady over the desk abd she will give you papers to fill out. Remember your LMP ( last day of your menstrual period) memorize it as you need to be consistent. You'll also be asked to sign a waiver of not presenting old chest x-ray film. In my case, I had my film a month ago, she did not accept it because its not 3 months older. So, just sign the waiver.

Youll wait for your name to be called and proceed to Door 3 for females to change gowns and have the X-ray. ( note: my cousin advised me to drink sterilized milk before the labs, they said its good)

after x-ray youll be asked to have your Immunization interview at the 2nd floor

Step 5 ( 2nd floor Immunization Interview)

give your checklist to the people over the desk and wait for your name to be called. Take note that names are called randomly so dont get surprised if somebody was called first after you. Additional info ( if you have your Original Immunization copy like MMR shots Measles, Mumps, Rubella submit it together with the checklist. They will call your name again and will validate the record if they will accept it or not. In my case I have my MMR immunization record accepted. For children bring their baby book

When its your turn to be iterviewed dont get nervous, just answer the questions truthfully and youll be fine.

The doctor will just ask you about your past medical history and allegies. Like, have you had meales before? Have you had chicken pox before? If yes, you need to show a mark, anywhere in my case it was on my face.

For k1 visas the doctor will give you option to have other vaccines injected here in the philippines or in the USA. She said the vaccines are free here because its included in the 11,300 php I paid. Well, technically its not free because we already paid for it whether or not you will have the vaccinations. So, I chose to have it here anyway cause its no hassle. They will schedule you on the 2nd day for vaccination if your labs are okay. So, be mindful if something is not good in your x-ray youll automatically have Sputum test (which will be a little bit of a horror cause its a hassle of our time and effort) so pray pray pray and dont smoke!

So after which, youll be asked now to have the Physical exam on the 5th floor

Step 6 ( 5th floor Physical exam)

directly give your checklist paper to the Vital signs counter and wait for your name to be called. They will weigh you and get your BP. Next they hand it over to the nurses responsible for Eye examination and height checking

wait for your name to be called then youll have your turn to read the snellens chart. ( if you have your glasses please wear it) they'll ask you to read with or without glasses anyway

after that wait again for your name to be called for your actual physical exam with the phycisian inside a close door room. This time youll be given a number

as soon as its your turn, present your checklist and passport you'll be asked again for medical history of illnesses and if you have had children, or pregnant or miscarriage, cancer, ashtma etc. basically illnesses that are common or drug uses. In my case I answered all None because I did not have those Deseases. (take note to never lie)

after the question and answer part, the doctor will ask you to put on a gown and remove your clothes and lay down in the examination bed ( mine was, the doctor just palpated my neck and lower abdomen which is my uterus then she checked my skin thats it, then im good to go she said

Step 7 ( go to the USA counter and present your checklist)

wait for your name to be called. Once youre called, she will ask you to come back the next day and keep your receipt for immunization abd results of laboratories you just had. :)

anways, that was it, i finished my first day at 10:40 Am.

I was scheduled for tomorrow at 9:00Am on the ground floor releasing section.

Ill post another blog as soon as I have finished the 2nd part:)

God bless to us. Pray and pray:)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You could have slept in, arriving an hour or two after SLEC opened and still easily complete the first day of medical. No need to be there at 5AM

Thursday are the least busy days as SLEC will not do medicals for children age 14 and under on that day (because of 3 day TB skin test, don't do x-ray).

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-exams

http://www.slec.ph/pdf/us-workflow.pdf

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Philippines forum from K1 P&P ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.