8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

So after my account being locked for reasons I do not know I've finally figured out how to log back in!

My husband and I received an interview appointment letter on 8th may (addressed May 4th) the interview date was for 13th June, unfortunately my husband left this weekend for annual training with the national guard in a different state and was impossible for him to get out of it. So we sent the appointment letter back along with his national guard schedule, proof of him actually being in the national guard and also a letter requesting a reschedule, explaining the situation and apologising for any inconvenience caused.

It was signed for at the okc office may 10th but still no response at all (I only know it was signed for as I requested proof of delivery from post office) I'm really worried because the interview date they gave us is on the 13th and I don't have a license or any way to get to Oklahoma City without my husband. I'm so scared that our case will be closed or abandoned, is there anything else I should be doing? My husband called and spoke to tier 2 a week or 2 ago and they said that they can't give him a new date yet as its not them who decides, which we knew of course and he also said that they've received it and to just wait.

I'm just wondering though is it ok if we haven't heard anything by the original interview date? I'm not sure if they normally send a receipt notice saying that they've received a reschedule request.

Sorry this is so long and thank you for any advice!

Timeline

Update!

I was actually waiting for a call from a tier 2 rep today (when I was originally transferred they were too busy)

So the lady checked everything and said that my case said-

- ready to be scheduled

- interview scheduled (this is for the original date 13th June)

- interview descheduled

She then put in a service request and said that I should get a response by June 22 which is actually after the date the interview was scheduled for.

So am I right in taking this as a good sign? The interview being 'descheduled' before the 13th would be more likely to mean that they were going to reschedule us rather than if they cancelled it the day of which I would think would lead to them just thinking we had abandoned our application or am I assuming too much?? Sorry just trying to be positive! Or should I be worried that we won't receive a response to the service request until 22nd June which would be after the interview date had passed?

Thank you once again.

Timeline

Thanks for the reply! I really hope so, think I've just been doing too much reading and reading all the horror stories lol

Edited by Babamalik87

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Back in early November I had to reschedule my AOS interview because I was going to be out of the country on the day they had sent me a letter for. After I called them and mailed them proof, the 'Check your case status' on USCIS website showed my original date had been cancelled, but I did not receive a a letter in the mail until early December, with a new interview date for the last week of December. So yeah, I don't think you have anything to worry about, just give it some time for the letter with the new date to appear.

I was also worried that I hadn't heard back by the interview date, but was told on the phone by a rep that I would hear back as soon as a new date was scheduled.

You should be fine - I actually made an infopass appointment because I had 2 international trips booked up (way in advance) for family weddings and was worried about our interview being scheduled during those trips. The woman at the San Francisco office told me that the main reason they deny rescheduling is if they think the petitioner is trying to delay it (eg if they haven't got married already or are having doubts). If you can prove why you need to reschedule due to work or vacations, then she said that was no problem.

Timeline

Thank you for reassuring me! That's exactly what I needed to here honestly. I'll admit I can be a bit of a control freak due to anxiety so having absolutely zero control puts me on edge lol. Thanks again that's great to here, so just a waiting game now ☺️

Timeline

Thank you for reassuring me! That's exactly what I needed to here honestly. I'll admit I can be a bit of a control freak due to anxiety so having absolutely zero control puts me on edge lol. Thanks again that's great to here, so just a waiting game now ☺️

Just realized I wrote 'here' instead of 'hear' ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.