Jo Al

NVC process started

54 posts in this topic

me too. mine shows it is paid. hahaha. i am very happy and excited on filling out the DS260. I hope everything is good and i will not be committing any mistake.

because as far as I know, once you submit the form. you will have no chance in editing it. correct?

Oh, and another thing...you can edit the form how many times you want until you submit it, but I think you already know this (I'm saying it just in case)

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i submitted my documents to my lawyer and will arrive thursday.. but i dont know when my lawyer will submit it to nvc..i hope very soon.

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

Sent I-140: March 28 2016

USCIS (Nebraska) PD: March 28, 2016

RFE received: April 6, 2016

Responded to RFE: April 18, 2016

USCIS approval: April 28, 2016 (28 days approval)

Petition sent to NVC: May 13, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: June 3, 2016

Case number and Invoice number Assigned: June 5, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: June 8, 2016

Pay IV Fee : June 10, 2016

IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 13, 2016

DS-260 (IV application) completed: June 16, 2016

Sent civil documents: June 20, 2016

Scan date: June 22, 2016

Case complete: October 7, 2016

Interview date: November 16, 2016

VISA APPROVED. status changed to ISSUED :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Djibouti
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My i130

Was received on feb 8 and got approved on June 10 it was send to nvc on june 15

My question is how long it takes to get a case number ?

Thanks and God bless you.

Timeline

please wait 2-4 weeks..thats the answer of NVC when I asked my case number, i received mine at exactly 28 days from the time my i140 was approved and sent by uscis to nvc

please wait 2-4 weeks..thats the answer of NVC when I asked my case number, i received mine at exactly 28 days from the time my i140 was approved and sent by uscis to nvc

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Timeline

thats a good idea. because when your fee bill is avaible you have to wait 3 days from the day you pay for it.. and another 30 days after they received your ds260 and you civil and aos or financial support.

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello not at the nvc stage yet but we would definitely like to be prepared... Now thus far I have been taking note via the last couple of vj members (life savers)but I still have a few questions I130 & i129f neither is approved (yet) in could go either way at this point ex. K3 or 1 cr-1

My questions are:

1. What is i864 really for? Is it part of VI or IV packet?

2.AOS really confused with this?? Do it differ from sponsorship?

3. What civil documents/ documents will agent/petitioner need?

Edited by Shawntina Sekyi A

Hello everyone,

My i130

Was received on feb 8 and got approved on June 10 it was send to nvc on june 15

My question is how long it takes to get a case number ?

Thanks and God bless you.

Did you call NVC to see that your has arrived? If yes, when?

Timeline

Did you call NVC to see that your has arrived? If yes, when?

At this point no...should I? For I have not received an noa2 yet..again just want to be very efficient at this stage... I'm almost 2 Mo in for i130 and 47 days for I 129f. Great news is, we are at a fast processing center (Potomac) not on a transfer.. Have seen some pretty fast approvals?

Hello not at the nvc stage yet but we would definitely like to be prepared... Now thus far I have been taking note via the last couple of vj members (life savers)but I still have a few questions I130 & i129f neither is approved (yet) in could go either way at this point ex. K3 or 1 cr-1

My questions are:

1. What is i864 really for? Is it part of VI or IV packet?

2.AOS really confused with this?? Do it differ from sponsorship?

I-864 is all about petitioner. It's needed in order to prove that your sponsor(spouse in case of I-130) has enough income to support you financially when you'll be in USA. This form is part of AOS package(Affidavit of Support).

AOS package must contain the bar-coded cover sheet from ceac payment portal(after paying AOS fee),this I-864 form primarily, then proof of income (IRS tax transcripts, tax returns, pay stubs, letter from employer-wich ever is applicable in your case). I included in my AOS package the civil documents of my husband (petitioner/sponsor),that will be copies of birth certificate and passport.

The IV Package(Immigrant Visa package) is all about the applicant(beneficiary of I-130) and must include the bar-code cover sheet from payment portal and the supporting documents (copies of passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, original police certificate, translations of documents if needed,2 passport-type photos).There are few other documents needed but it depends from case to case (adoption documents, marriage termination documents, prison clearance documents etc).

In any case the IV Package is related with the DS-260 form wich is completed and submitted online aftwr paying the IV fee.

Both AOS and IV Packages will be sent to NVC in one single package with the NVC wellcome letter Document Cover Sheet.

For more informations visit this site

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

I have already sent my documents to NVC and yesterday they arrived. We will wait for the scan date.

If you have any other questions, please ask☺

Good luck with your case!

At this point no...should I? For I have not received an noa2 yet..again just want to be very efficient at this stage... I'm almost 2 Mo in for i130 and 47 days for I 129f. Great news is, we are at a fast processing center (Potomac) not on a transfer.. Have seen some pretty fast approvals?

So, you are saying that your I-130 petition is not aproved yet?

Timeline

So, you are saying that your I-130 petition is not aproved yet?

If could be in the mail since this center is new and doesn't update often.. Been hearing that people are not getting emails and are finding out when it gets to the nvc stage

Timeline

I-864 is all about petitioner. It's needed in order to prove that your sponsor(spouse in case of I-130) has enough income to support you financially when you'll be in USA. This form is part of AOS package(Affidavit of Support).

AOS package must contain the bar-coded cover sheet from ceac payment portal(after paying AOS fee),this I-864 form primarily, then proof of income (IRS tax transcripts, tax returns, pay stubs, letter from employer-wich ever is applicable in your case). I included in my AOS package the civil documents of my husband (petitioner/sponsor),that will be copies of birth certificate and passport.

The IV Package(Immigrant Visa package) is all about the applicant(beneficiary of I-130) and must include the bar-code cover sheet from payment portal and the supporting documents (copies of passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, original police certificate, translations of documents if needed,2 passport-type photos).There are few other documents needed but it depends from case to case (adoption documents, marriage termination documents, prison clearance documents etc).

In any case the IV Package is related with the DS-260 form wich is completed and submitted online aftwr paying the IV fee.

Both AOS and IV Packages will be sent to NVC in one single package with the NVC wellcome letter Document Cover Sheet.

For more informations visit this site

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

I have already sent my documents to NVC and yesterday they arrived. We will wait for the scan date.

If you have any other questions, please ask☺

Good luck with your case!

Great!!! Thanks

Now my husband is aboard and I'm in the states. So that means I'll will file and submit aos/i864 + documents and the applicant (husband) file and submit Iv packet abroad.. Now can I since I'm in the states pay both fees? I plan on mailing it since I'm unable and not comfortable with paying on line? Or is there away I could pay online( no checking or savings account) but heard I could use a money order or traveler's check?

Great!!! Thanks

Now my husband is aboard and I'm in the states. So that means I'll will file and submit aos/i864 + documents and the applicant (husband) file and submit Iv packet abroad.. Now can I since I'm in the states pay both fees? I plan on mailing it since I'm unable and not comfortable with paying on line? Or is there away I could pay online( no checking or savings account) but heard I could use a money order or traveler's check?

Are you a US citizen? Or permanent resident?

U must have a US bank account to pay fees. The fees are available to pay online only after few steps are made into this NVC process.

There is also a way to pay the fees with checks via mail, but I do not know too much about it since it wasn't my option when I paid my fees. Online payments are quicker and easier.

Edited by Jo Al

Timeline

Yes I'm a us citizen..but unfortunately I don't have a U.S bank account ( identity theft issue with my old account):.. I do have a debit pay card through my job that has a routing number and account number just no check number.. I'm going to call and ask about sending it through the mail..read it on one of the states website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.