Jo Al

NVC process started

54 posts in this topic

are your docs ready to be sent to nvc? sure ill check now

Yes, we had everything prepared ahead of time. We did our best to know what documents are needed for NVC processing and we collected them already. I sent my civil documents, pictures and translations to my husband in US about two weeks ago and he requested his tax reanscript for last year and we have everything in hand. We just need few hours to organize and put them together.

At the time being, I am writing the cover pages for AOS and IV Package to send them to my husband through email.

This Sunday we will have the package ready . Monday we will ship it hopefully.

What stage are you on with the documents?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the documents are prepared by the company lawyer. after i filled out the ds260. they will mail it right away to nvc and hopefully in less than a month. it will be case completed.you?

what do you mean by writing the cover page for aos and iv package?

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

Sent I-140: March 28 2016

USCIS (Nebraska) PD: March 28, 2016

RFE received: April 6, 2016

Responded to RFE: April 18, 2016

USCIS approval: April 28, 2016 (28 days approval)

Petition sent to NVC: May 13, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: June 3, 2016

Case number and Invoice number Assigned: June 5, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: June 8, 2016

Pay IV Fee : June 10, 2016

IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 13, 2016

DS-260 (IV application) completed: June 16, 2016

Sent civil documents: June 20, 2016

Scan date: June 22, 2016

Case complete: October 7, 2016

Interview date: November 16, 2016

VISA APPROVED. status changed to ISSUED :)

the documents are prepared by the company lawyer. after i filled out the ds260. they will mail it right away to nvc and hopefully in less than a month. it will be case completed.you?

what do you mean by writing the cover page for aos and iv package?

We do not have a lawyer to manage our case, I choose my husband as an agent for NVC processing. This means we will handle all documents and forms.

In relation with the AOS and IV cover pages, it is an option, not a must do. I want to do this in order to make it easier for the NVC agents to review our case. I want to let them know what I included in every package (even though both AOS and IV will be sent together ). I don't want them to mess up my case or to send me checklists for documents I already included but they omitted to see. (I know few cases here on visa journey that experienced that kind of stuff and they had delays in receiving case complete)

Anyway...in your case,you have a lawyer that takes care of this so maybe he will handle it better.

Timeline

i hope so. i wanna be in NY in october. in gods will and time. i really hope so

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Timeline

me too. good luck on your case. nvc still in process lol

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Timeline

lets just hope that on monday it will be paid. when dd u apply for your visa in uscis?i mean d date

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

lets just hope that on monday it will be paid. when dd u apply for your visa in uscis?i mean d date

We applied at USCIS on 3rd December 2015 . NOA1 received on 14th December and NOA2 on 3rd May 2016 (141 days from NOA1).

Our case was sent to NVC on May 11th and received on 17th May.

Case number assigned on 3rd June(but we called on 6th to get it. On 3rd we called in the morning and they didn't had a case number for us. I guess it was assigned latter on that day).

How was the process for you at USCIS?

We applied at USCIS on 3rd December 2015 . NOA1 received on 14th December and NOA2 on 3rd May 2016 (141 days from NOA1).

Case number assigned on 3rd June(but we called on 6th to get it. On 3rd we called in the morning and they didn't had a case number for us. I guess it was assigned latter on that day).

Oh..and the priority date from the NOA2 was December 7th,2015

I do not know what "d" date are you referring to...

Timeline

well mine is filed by my lawyer march 28, 2016 then receive the receipt april 1. april 6 received rfe and april 18 lawyer responded and in april 28 got approved.

may 13 it was sent to nvc and in june 6 i received a welcome email with invoice

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

well mine is filed by my lawyer march 28, 2016 then receive the receipt april 1. april 6 received rfe and april 18 lawyer responded and in april 28 got approved.

may 13 it was sent to nvc and in june 6 i received a welcome email with invoice

I think your petition was approved really quick. I do not know the average time for these type of petitions to be approved but it was quicker than my petition.

I filled a I-130 petition. This has the average time of 5 months until it gets approved. Mine took 141 days(i am happy case I've seen cases where it took up to 200 and something days). We had no RFEs.

When we were announced that our case was sent to NVC, we waited like 10 days and started to call them and see if our case arrived.First time called and our case was there from 17th. We called several times to get our case number(once 2,3 days). Once we called and they told us that we have case number,we also asked for Invoice Identification Number and beneficiary Identification Number. Once we got these,we gave our email addresses to the NVC operator. Next, we completed form DS-261(Choose of Agent) and submitted it (on the NVC site). In 24 hrs the welcome letter from NVC(including the AOS fee bill Invoice) came by email to both of my husband and I. We paid the fee in that same day and next day we called NVC again to review the DS-261 form over the phone(I found out here on visa journey site that if you do not review it over the phone with them,the IV fee bill will not be invoiced that quickly--They review it in one or two weeks without you calling them--). 24hrs after reviewing the form over the phone we received another email with Choose of Agent confirmation and IV fee bill Invoice. We paid that also in same day.

Now,as you know, we are waiting for the IV fee to show as PAID(now shows "IN PROCESS") so that we can complete the DS-260 form.

Note:i wrote everithing in detail so that it can be helpful for others that read this comment and want to see how this NVC process work.

Timeline

me too. mine shows it is paid. hahaha. i am very happy and excited on filling out the DS260. I hope everything is good and i will not be committing any mistake.

because as far as I know, once you submit the form. you will have no chance in editing it. correct?

My EB2 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

me too. mine shows it is paid. hahaha. i am very happy and excited on filling out the DS260. I hope everything is good and i will not be committing any mistake.

because as far as I know, once you submit the form. you will have no chance in editing it. correct?

Yes...you cannot edit it once it's submitted but if you have any doubts just save every page you complete and don't submit it imediately. Give it a day or to two if you want and go through it several times until you submit it.

I have completed everything in the form but I want my husband to take a look at it after he wakes up. I'm pretty sure everything is correct and complete, but who knows, maybe he can observe something I missed. So, I think I will submit it tonight or tomorrow.

Yesterday we sent the documents to NVC. They are supposed to be there by Thursday.

Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.