babycakez

I have taken all my vaccination, but do not have DS-3025 completed. Do I still need to submit I-693 at AOS?

8 posts in this topic

So I believe I have completed all my US vaccination requirements based on the vaccination list and my vaccination record. However, as I did not provide my vaccination record to my doctor at my home country where I completed my medical exam, I believe it is marked as incomplete on my DS-3025 (which they took away at POE as I have NEVER received a physical copy). However, since my vaccination record can prove that i have completed my vaccination requirement:

1. can I just submit my vaccination record along with my AOS application?

2. Am i required to have my vaccination record to be examined by a CV who can complete the I-693 for me in my case?

3. If turned out more vaccination is required, it will be stated in the RFE right? Will it then delay my EAD and AP combination card?

Thanks in advance!

AOS Timeline [Husband is the USC, got married to foreign wife on May 31, 2016 (who was on F1) we both share this account]

June 25, 2016: AOS Package sent with EAD and AP request

June 30, 2016: Checks cashed

July 02, 2016: NOAs Received in mail (they have misspell my wife's name on 2 of the 4 letters they sent us)

July 04, 2016: Electronic NOA1s Received + USCIS online case status shown as "case received"

July 18, 2016: Received biometrics appointment letter in mail (scheduled July 28)

July 28, 2016: Biometrics appointment taken as scheduled, also have my name corrected at the center

Sep 09, 2016: Submitted Service Request since it has passed the 75 day time mark

Sep 12, 2016: Received Service Request Response: case is within our current processing time

Sep 12, 2016: AOS status changed to "interview ready to be scheduled" . EAD & AP case status remain unchanged.

Sep 20, 2016: EAD status changed to ready to deliver, AP case status remain unchanged.

Oct 04, 2016: AP case status remain unchanged but EAD and AP combo card was received in mailbox.

My understanding is that you have to have a USCIS-approved doctor have a look at your vaccination record and fill in either the DS-3025 (before the K-1 interview) or the I-693 (before submitting AOS). Immigration officers are not supposed to know the equivalent US vaccines for the ones you had in your home country.

I know the names of the vaccines are different in France than they are in the US. A regular US doctor won't know what vaccines I've had by looking at my French record (that's what the doctor told me at my K-1 medical).

I would go see a civil surgeon here before submitting my AOS if I were you.

So to sum up I would say:

1) No.

2) Yes.

3) Unsure about that one. They might just ask you to bring the I-693 at the interview. I would guess it might not delay EAD/AP since they're different applications. Just a guess though.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

You need the I693 vaccine section filled out by a USCIS approved doctor. The case officers are not medical professionals and can't evaluate if your foreign records meet the requirement.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

If you entered as a K-1, you still need to have a vaccination supplement completed by a civil surgeon in the U.S. This would be Page 9 of Form I-693 only, to be submitted in a sealed envelope with your adjustment of status application.

That's not quite true. It depends on how your DS-3025 was filled. See the thread below for details:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you did not have the vaccinations marked off on the DS-3025 at your K-1 medical, then you will need to see a civil surgeon to get any you are missing and them all transcribed onto an I-693. See the pinned topic in this forum > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you entered as a K-1, you still need to have a vaccination supplement completed by a civil surgeon in the U.S. This would be Page 9 of Form I-693 only, to be submitted in a sealed envelope with your adjustment of status application.

Many K-1 adjustment applicants do not need to see a civil surgeon. It depends on whether or not you had all the required vaccinations marked off on a properly filled out DS-3025 at your K-1 medical.

And more than Page 9 of the I-693 would need to be filled out if you were in need of seeing a civil surgeon.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks guys for the quick response! In short I will need to see a CS to have the I-693 filled out properly. Thanks!

AOS Timeline [Husband is the USC, got married to foreign wife on May 31, 2016 (who was on F1) we both share this account]

June 25, 2016: AOS Package sent with EAD and AP request

June 30, 2016: Checks cashed

July 02, 2016: NOAs Received in mail (they have misspell my wife's name on 2 of the 4 letters they sent us)

July 04, 2016: Electronic NOA1s Received + USCIS online case status shown as "case received"

July 18, 2016: Received biometrics appointment letter in mail (scheduled July 28)

July 28, 2016: Biometrics appointment taken as scheduled, also have my name corrected at the center

Sep 09, 2016: Submitted Service Request since it has passed the 75 day time mark

Sep 12, 2016: Received Service Request Response: case is within our current processing time

Sep 12, 2016: AOS status changed to "interview ready to be scheduled" . EAD & AP case status remain unchanged.

Sep 20, 2016: EAD status changed to ready to deliver, AP case status remain unchanged.

Oct 04, 2016: AP case status remain unchanged but EAD and AP combo card was received in mailbox.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.