Ischnura

Walgreens.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

All we needed to complete our AOS packet was the passport style photos and since there are only two places in this city that will do them (not joking, two whole places) and one - the passport office - requires an appointment that runs in to hubby's work hours we went with Walgreens who allow walk ins. Thought 'great this'll only take 5 minutes' no hassle just go in get them done and go home. Not so much. Hubby had his photo taken no probs then it was my turn. I was wearing a dress and you could see my shoulders so they refused to take them. I stubbornly bought a shirt from the store and went back only to be told I had to take off all my jewelry - small hoops and a silver necklace - and to brush my hair far enough back that my ears were sticking out like bloody Dumbo. Needless to say my passport photos look like mug shots now.

Did I miss a change in policies? Do my bare shoulders change my identity so bad that I no longer look like me? Maybe it's the ears. . .

Pizza is here. Rant over.

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

They jacked the price up, too. When I filed for AOS November 2013, they were $7.99. In March 2016, they were up to $14.99.

Edited by Rich and Wen

Timeline

They're $14.99 here too and we had to pay for 3 sets for me and one for hubby. Bloody robbery!! When I got my passport in England they gave me 6 photos for about 9 GBP. They do 2 photos for their shoddy price here. -.-

event.png

I took my own photo against a white wall.

Did some editing using online Photoshop websites.

Then upload to E-Passport-Photo. It's free. Size it, and in return get a 4x6-sized jpeg file containing four passport-sized photos.

Printed in Walgreen for like 20cents :)

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Timeline

Should have tried Costco, pretty darn cheap in there.

Me thinks your particular photographer has a penchant for the "plain girl" look... Who's to say he hasn't made a couple of copies for his own personal collection too ?

I can see that they don't want you to be overly bejewelled but that is probably taking it a bit far, as for hairstyles as long as your fringe / bangs (yes I'm learning) don't cover your face then I hardly think it would invalidate your picture.

At least you weren't asked to shave your head... Hmmm what if your hubby had a beard... expect him to shave it off?

For a previous visa I could upload direct to the US site so it was an easy process that visit me nowt.

Edited by gpiper

Timeline

I don't think we have a Costco here lol

HAHAHA it was a woman, a plain Jane looking one at that. Wouldn't mind but I wasn't exactly donning a heap of bling and wearing a bikini.

I do feel a tad on the sorry side for this woman though, if looks could kill I may have melted her face away. Hubby found it all extremely amusing of course. I'm not daft when it comes to passport photo strictness but I think she took it way too far. I literally had to ask her why since when they identify you they don't ask you to cover up, remove your jewelry and tie up your hair lol If all it takes is a couple of trinkets to change my identity I could be someone new every day :P She wouldn't look at me after that.

event.png

Timeline

lol she may have cried. After laughing his head off at me I politely informed hubby of my new plan the next time we fly, every time I need identifying I'm going to ask whoever to wait so i can put on a giant coat and hand them all my jewelry. He thinks we'll be searched every time but it's what he gets for laughing.

I haven't the foggiest. Hopefully at some point someone takes a less serial killerish pic.

I was over the moon to find Costco in the US :D

event.png