dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2016

956 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I infact got a case complete ! wooo hoo.. I called a second time to the NVC and the second representative told me the same. I am now waiting for the Case Complete email (in which I think 7 days after the case complete date in NVC system).

My scan-date was: May 12th 2016.

Best wishes to everyone.

Ooh and fyi, CEAC is still showin PAID, not N/A for AOS on my case. So it is not a sure way to tell if a case is completed or not. Some people may get it, some people don't. Sure way to tell is to call NVC and talk to the agent.

Regards,

TrauCon

Congratulations!!!

Thank you. Wish you the best on your case.

Regards,

TrauCon

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for the quick reply

as I mentioned on my post I am short $8025 between the poverty guidelines and my income so 8025X3=$ 24075 and I have about $70000 in my saving account I have more than enough so I should be okay

also I have prepared a employment verification letter for my wife's interview and I am going to make a explanation letter for my self why I don't have enough income for the AOS becuase I have spend 1/2 year in china without working

will these be good or too much

thank you for your time

Hi,

Unless your savings meet the requirements listed on the AOS, you must with no doubt get a joint sponsor, or obtain some other source of income that will meet the requirement. See below quotes extrated from the Affidavit of Support form.

The total value of all assets, line 10, must equal 5 times (3 times for spouses and children of
USC's, or 1 time for orphans to be formally adopted in the U.S.) the difference between the

poverty guidelines and the sponsor's household income, line 10

Part 7. Use of Assets to Supplement Income
(Optional)
Only complete
Part 7.
if you need to use the value of assets to meet the income requirements. If your Current
Annual
Household Income (indicated on
Part 6.
Item Number 15.
) is equal to or more than needed to meet the income
requirement as shown by the current Federal Poverty Guidelines (Form I-864P) for your household size (indicated on
Part 5.
Item Number 8.
), you do not need to complete this
Part
. If your total household income does not meet the
requirement, you may submit evidence of the value of your assets, the sponsored immigrant’
s assets, and/or assets of a
household member that can be used, if necessary, for the support of the intending immigrant(s). The value of assets of all
of these persons may be combined in order to meet the necessary requirement.
Only assets that can be converted into cash within one year and without considerable hardship or financial loss to the
owner may be included. The owner of the asset must include a description of the asset, proof of ownership, and the basis

for the owner’s claim of its net cash value

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got checklist yesterday. My first scan date was 13th may. Anyway my question is if nvc transfer your case to other embassy, how long will it take to get the visa call?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got checklist yesterday. My first scan date was 13th may. Anyway my question is if nvc transfer your case to other embassy, how long will it take to get the visa call?

On your timeline it shows NVC received your petition from the uscis on May 13th.

How can that date be your scan date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

oh no! What was your checklist on? I think it depends. They usually start scheduling interview at the end of the month or first week of the month.

Timeline

On your timeline it shows NVC received your petition from the uscis on May 13th.

How can that date be your scan date?

I updated it by myself yesterday. Lol. But they received it on April,24. And i sent all the documents on 12th and they email me stating that they received my documents on may 13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I updated it by myself yesterday. Lol. But they received it on April,24. And i sent all the documents on 12th and they email me stating that they received my documents on may 13

Lol ohhh ok.

Timeline

oh no! What was your checklist on? I think it depends. They usually start scheduling interview at the end of the month or first week of the month.

Its about my legal status in Canada. I am not able to show them that i can stay until December as my visa is expiring in October. Still i sent the document yesterday after getting the checklist. But i m pretty sure they no gonna accept it and will send my case to my country of origin.

Timeline

Its about my legal status in Canada. I am not able to show them that i can stay until December as my visa is expiring in October. Still i sent the document yesterday after getting the checklist. But i m pretty sure they no gonna accept it and will send my case to my country of origin.

Hope things go smooth for you and you get cc soon.

Timeline

Hope things go smooth for you and you get cc soon.

Thanks! Do you know how long will it take if the case get transferred to some other country?? I m little tensed

Timeline

Thanks! Do you know how long will it take if the case get transferred to some other country?? I m little tensed

You mean case transferred to Embassy for interview correct? Here is the link for Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet.

I found it in this forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/597782-case-complete-to-interview-july-2016/page-1

You can look for estimate based on the country.

Timeline

So just got off from the phone with a nvc rep. She told us to send a copy of my wife passport, as the last name of my wife is my surname for the primary petitioner. But the aos docs we sent them has her maiden name as last name in sponsor. However my wife did not yet changed her surname from her maiden name to my surname on any of her documents after marraige..m really cofused here. I checked the ceac website and i see that the name under primary petitioner is my wife first name and my surname. I dunno how to explain. Do u think sending my wife passport copy by email will take this case longer than usual?

Timeline

You mean case transferred to Embassy for interview correct? Here is the link for Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet.

I found it in this forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/597782-case-complete-to-interview-july-2016/page-1

You can look for estimate based on the country.

Thanks. Hopefully all goes well!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.