Valor

Any Washington D.C. filers?

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I feel like I've only seen few of the ppl here who are filing from Washington D.C. area, but the field office(fairfax) is still considered as backlogged. I'm hitting my 4th month mark soon and still have no words for my I485. Any D.C. filers would like to share some experience in terms of processing time (or anything else)?

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi, I feel like I've only seen few of the ppl here who are filing from Washington D.C. area, but the field office(fairfax) is still considered as backlogged. I'm hitting my 4th month mark soon and still have no words for my I485. Any D.C. filers would like to share some experience in terms of processing time (or anything else)?

You should update your profile and timeline :)

Most likely your application is not even at the Fairfax field office but at the National Benefits Center.

You should update your profile and timeline :)

Most likely your application is not even at the Fairfax field office but at the National Benefits Center.

I put my timeline in my signature:)

You are right, how did you know that? I called USCIS this morning and spoke to a tier 2 person and was told my case was still at NBC.

However, I called USCIS few times before and have received different answers. One time a rep told me my case was already at my local office. The second time I called and the tier 2 office told me he didn't know. And today I got another answer.

N400

Timeline

That's where the majority of all 485 applications are.

Your profile says you're applying for F1 visa. If you want quick accurate answers to your questions it's best to make sure at least the profile is accurate. Plus is if you actually create a timeline. If people are reading the forum on the phone they won't see your signature unless they choose to look at the full version of the forum.

Edited by Maria&Seve

That's where the majority of all 485 applications are.

Your profile says you're applying for F1 visa. If you want quick accurate answers to your questions it's best to make sure at least the profile is accurate. Plus is if you actually create a timeline. If people are reading the forum on the phone they won't see your signature unless they choose to look at the full version of the forum.

Gotcha! I just updated my timeline. According to your timeline, you finished the whole process in 6 months? I hope I can get my interview letter within the next month.

N400

Timeline

Gotcha! I just updated my timeline. According to your timeline, you finished the whole process in 6 months? I hope I can get my interview letter within the next month.

Awesome! Wouldn't hurt to change your profile too as it claims your filing for F-1 which is confusing ;)

Yes, we were done in about 6 months. Probably could have done it faster if we hadn't rushed to send in AOS as we got an RFE for sending in the wrong tax papers but life got in the way and we had to rush it. If you're lucky you might get approved without an interview. We did not have one.

Awesome! Wouldn't hurt to change your profile too as it claims your filing for F-1 which is confusing ;)

Yes, we were done in about 6 months. Probably could have done it faster if we hadn't rushed to send in AOS as we got an RFE for sending in the wrong tax papers but life got in the way and we had to rush it. If you're lucky you might get approved without an interview. We did not have one.

Thanks for the information.

I am actually adjusting from F-1 VISA so I definitely will get an interview. I haven't heard anything about RFE so far and hopefully I won't get one. That's also why I was quite frustrated when I heard my case was still at NBC.

N400

I know this is a K1 subdivision, I just feel like people are generally much more active here. Also, I don't think there's a big differences between K1 and other status in terms of AOS processing time(but correct me if I'm wrong).

N400

I am a May Filer and in Washington DC area (Reston, VA). I got the NOA1 earlier this week and now waiting for biometrics's appointment.

I lived in Reston last year, it's a very nice area. Good luck on your journey, usually they send out the biometric letter very quickly.

N400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, we are from DC but our case is (STILL) at NBC - we filed a year ago tomorrow, and in September we received a Notification of Potential Interview Waiver letter. Still waiting for the green card... I can't believe it's been a year already! GRRRRR!!!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My priority date is on 27th February and I received my EAD on June 3rd. I am waiting for the interview date,I dont know how long it takes

Edited by taurus83

Yes, we are from DC but our case is (STILL) at NBC - we filed a year ago tomorrow, and in September we received a Notification of Potential Interview Waiver letter. Still waiting for the green card... I can't believe it's been a year already! GRRRRR!!!!

Wow!!!! Sorry it took you so long. I don't know what's going on with the D.C. office. We're on our 6-month mark soon and still haven't heard anything yet. We will have an interview since I'm adjusting from F1.

My priority date is on 27th February and I received my EAD on June 3rd. I am waiting for the interview date,I dont know how long it takes

Good luck! We've waited for about 6 months now and still haven't heard anything yet.

N400

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.