ceypark

"Interview was scheduled"--No Notice After 3 Weeks

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

It's been three weeks since I got the notice that my interview was scheduled April 28, 2016. I'm in the Atlanta Field Office. I called them this week, and customer service told me that it can still in be line... But I got the in line for schedule notification on April 14, 2016. Shouldn't have they sent it out if I got the notification that my interview was scheduled? I changed my address, coincidentally on the same day that they sent me the notification that my interview was scheduled. I checked my old mailbox and I'm checking my new one, but still nothing. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sometimes there are glitches and updates are made by mistake. But there's no reason to assume that your interview wasn't really scheduled. In almost all recent cases, the interview date has been 5 weeks after the notification, plus or minus a day or two. In your case, that will be Thursday, June 2nd. Make an infopass appointment and see if they'll give you the interview letter then. If it was a mistake, then they'll just tell you and change your status back to inline.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

One more thing... If your interview was scheduled the day that you updated your address, it may have been sent to your old address... You say that you check both mailboxes, but is your name still on both?

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Call and speak to a tier 2 officer. They will fax you the notice if there is indeed one. Tell them you want to know the date so that you do not miss it. Do not settle on a teir 1. Insist that you want to speak to a tier 2. This does happen sometimes and they even do tell you that if it does not get to you within thirty days of your online notice. You call them.

Edited by mananto

Timeline

I called a Tier 2 officer and he said my notice simply hasn't been sent out yet. He said it should arrive late May or early June, but he didn't tell me the interview date specifically.

That is strange. They mail it out the day after your online status changes. If I were you, I would call a second time today. It does not hurt. They say different things. Whether it is mailed or not, there should be a date available.

I called them again, and sure enough, my interview is next week. Apparently, the earliest they can fax the form to me is three days before the interview date, which they're saying is Friday. They won't tell me the exact date or time, but I'm guessing it's either Wednesday or Thursday? I'm unfortunately traveling out of the city for this week and was going to come back on Wednesday night, but looks like I'll have to change my flight to be safe.

Does anyone have experience with them having to fax the form over and what the date was for the interview? Was it 72 business hours beforehand? Then I can guess it'd be on Thursday...

Timeline

I called them again, and sure enough, my interview is next week. Apparently, the earliest they can fax the form to me is three days before the interview date, which they're saying is Friday. They won't tell me the exact date or time, but I'm guessing it's either Wednesday or Thursday? I'm unfortunately traveling out of the city for this week and was going to come back on Wednesday night, but looks like I'll have to change my flight to be safe.

Does anyone have experience with them having to fax the form over and what the date was for the interview? Was it 72 business hours beforehand? Then I can guess it'd be on Thursday...

In most cases, they say that it has to be within 7 days.

In some cases they'll say they can't fax it.

In some cases they'll fax it more than 7 days in advance.

This is the first I've heard of a 72 hour rule. Might as well just call back on Friday. Make sure you have a fax number on hand when you call. Use an app like efax if you don't have access to a fax machine.

If they're saying Friday is within 72 hours then my guess is that your interview is on Tuesday or Wednesday (some offices interview on Saturday).

Edited by JimmyHou

Timeline

All I know it is supposed to be 30 days after you receive the notice online. On the interview scheduled notice, it states that if you do not receive your notice by a certain date, you call them. Are you are that date yet? If you are call again and if you do not get a satisfactory answer, call again and again and again. You will eventually get a good officer who will fax it to you. I know they should fax it to you five days before the interview date. At least that is what they told me.

Also, I send Jimmy. Use Efax and you should receive it and download on your email.

Edited by mananto

Unfortunately, I'm not at that date yet. I got the notice on April 28. I'll try calling again today and see if they'll fax it to me via efax. I don't have a fax machine so I gave them my HR person's fax machine number, but I'm not even going to be in work on Friday.

Timeline

Unfortunately, I'm not at that date yet. I got the notice on April 28. I'll try calling again today and see if they'll fax it to me via efax. I don't have a fax machine so I gave them my HR person's fax machine number, but I'm not even going to be in work on Friday.

Then Friday is your day then. Call then on Friday and ask them to fax it to you. Your interview is probably on June 1st

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.