j25037771

N-400 Documents referring to you and your spouse

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Panama
Timeline

Will I resubmit documents that I already submitted with the i-751 to remove conditional status of 2 year green card? For example I submitted tax returns, bank statements, leases, etc when filing i-751. It seems redundant to resubmit that a year later for N-400.

You would think they would look at previous applications for the info, but they don't. If its missing but provided in an earlier petition, they will issue an RFE.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Will I resubmit documents that I already submitted with the i-751 to remove conditional status of 2 year green card? For example I submitted tax returns, bank statements, leases, etc when filing i-751. It seems redundant to resubmit that a year later for N-400.

My advice:

Submit everything that's on the N400 document checklist (on the main N400 webpage just below the link to the form).

Take everything with you to the interview.

It's safe to assume that your interviewer won't have looked at anything you submitted for past applications at the time if your interview. That leaves three possibilities:

1- The interviewer won't want to see anything and will approve you.

2- The interviewer will want to see evidence and will need time to review your file.

3- The interviewer will want to see evidence and will ask you to submit it by mail.

Two of these possibilities result in a delay for you, so it's better to take everything they may ask for.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I took a binder full of docs to my interview that were I had provided for my application and the interviewer didn't want to see anything. He had reviewed my file and even made a crack about the fact that my husband and I were using Direct TV. He was impressed that I did bring all of my docs that I had submitted with my application.

I think it depends on the officer who is interviewing you.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.