15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

On April 18 my 129F was approved. I know the next step is it will be forwarded to NVC. I called today and the woman I spoke to said they did not have the case yet (I know its only been a week... just anxious to get this process moving!)... The woman said it would take about a month for Caliornia service center to send the case and then about another 42 days for NVC to process the paperwork before its forwarded to the embassy(Bogota, Colombia in our case.) Is this accurate? Normal?

Thanks so much!

My NOA2 was approved on April 7, emailed received on the 8th.

I am still waiting to hear from the NVC.

But it does say wait at least 30 days to contact NVC if you have not received.

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's a standard response they give you.

That being said they are at 3-5 weeks wait for the case number right now so you are a bit early on calling. Keep an eye when people a little before you get theres and then you can start calling.

Timeline

My NOA2 was approved on April 7, emailed received on the 8th.

I am still waiting to hear from the NVC.

But it does say wait at least 30 days to contact NVC if you have not received.

I have not received an email. Should I be concerned?

It's a standard response they give you.

That being said they are at 3-5 weeks wait for the case number right now so you are a bit early on calling. Keep an eye when people a little before you get theres and then you can start calling.

Thank you so much! Is there anything I can be doing while waiting for the case number?

Timeline

I have not received an email. Should I be concerned?

Thank you so much! Is there anything I can be doing while waiting for the case number?

Get the USC to gather the documents he/she will have to send you for the interview and start preparing your own.

the e-mail is only send to you if you were signed up for it otherwise the USC will get the Hard copy

Timeline

Get the USC to gather the documents he/she will have to send you for the interview and start preparing your own.

the e-mail is only send to you if you were signed up for it otherwise the USC will get the Hard copy

I did sign up for the email but never received one about the NOA1 either. Must be a mistake.

The emailed I mentioned was the NOA2 approval.

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Did you sign up online on the webpage?

I sent in the G-1145 form with my packet.

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Timeline

No I sent the form in. How can I sign up online?

The form don't give notice for NOA2 only NOA1 ...

Well you already have you NOA2 so no need for that webpage right now, but it is www.uscis.gov

I sent in the G-1145 form with my packet.

It's only good for the NOA1 ...

Hello,

On April 18 my 129F was approved. I know the next step is it will be forwarded to NVC. I called today and the woman I spoke to said they did not have the case yet (I know its only been a week... just anxious to get this process moving!)... The woman said it would take about a month for Caliornia service center to send the case and then about another 42 days for NVC to process the paperwork before its forwarded to the embassy(Bogota, Colombia in our case.) Is this accurate? Normal?

Thanks so much!

It is taking on average 7-10 days for your case to be forwarded to the NVC. They are currently on a backlog and are processing around 45 days at the moment. From there it will be sent to the embassy in your country, that can take a further 7-10 days depending. Congratulations on your approval!

I will not look back on this journey with fond memories, but I will look back knowing that every step was worth it, whatever the outcome.

K-1

Spoiler

I-129f sent - December 30 2015
NOA1 received - January 4 2016
Hard copy received - January 11 2016
RFE notice - February 29 2016 (56 days)
Hard copy received - March 4 2016
RFE receipt - March 09 2016 (9 days)

NOA2 received - March 16 2016 (72 days from NOA1)

NVC received - April 06 2016 (21 days from NOA2)

Medical - April 15 2016

Packet 3 received - April 16 2016

Interview - June 01 2016 (wedding postponed) - APPROVED!!

Visa in hand - June 09 2016

Flying home - June 17 2016 - POE JFK - check out my POE review for details

Wedding - July 14 2016

AOS

I-485 - 08/24/16

NOA1 - 09/01/16 Biometrics - 09/26/16

EAD - 11/04/16

AP - 11/05/16

Card delivered - 11/19/16

Driving license - 11/30/16

New job - 12/01/16

I-485 approved - 02/10/17 - Interview waived

ROC

I-751 - 11/30/18

NOA1 - 01/25/19

Biometrics - 07/01/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

We received our NOA2 March 15, and I waited ten business days before I started calling the NVC, I called about every three days.

On April 7 (Thursday) I called and still nothing, then on April 12 (Tuesday) I called and was told that it was received and processed and sent to the Embassy in Bogota the day before. The woman I spoke with was very helpful and gave me instructions on what I needed to do.

I think that the NVC doesn't communicate internally and update their database often.

Anyway, we have our interview scheduled and she is in the process getting the laboratory, medical and the appointment for the fingerprints.

Good Luck everyone and be patient!

Dwight

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

We received our NOA2 March 15, and I waited ten business days before I started calling the NVC, I called about every three days.

On April 7 (Thursday) I called and still nothing, then on April 12 (Tuesday) I called and was told that it was received and processed and sent to the Embassy in Bogota the day before. The woman I spoke with was very helpful and gave me instructions on what I needed to do.

I think that the NVC doesn't communicate internally and update their database often.

Anyway, we have our interview scheduled and she is in the process getting the laboratory, medical and the appointment for the fingerprints.

Good Luck everyone and be patient!

Dwight

Hey Dwight, I am wondering how everything has gone since your last post? My fiance and I are preparing for our interview in Bogota and I am a bit confused about the packet 3/4 and appointment letter that we are supposed to receive from the embassy. Can you give me some tips based on your experience? So far we have scheduled everything, but the embassy is telling us to wait. What did you do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.