ksenia86

INFOPASS help, wating for interview over 13!!!!! months!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would really appreciate any help with my upcoming infopass appointment. long story short, I am adjusting my status from student visa through marriage . I filed all paperwork in march 2015, my priority date says March 3RD 2015, went for my fingerprint appointment on April 1st 2015 and since then I am waiting for my interview , my status online has not chance since march 3rd< when it says fingerprinting fee was received, since then I tried to make 4 service requests , 3 myself and 1 through ombudsman's office, getting the same bs answer, that due the workload , not related to my case uscis experiencing delay in processing my application. My field office is Newark NJ, which processing time status say , that they finished working on case dated march 29 2015 as for January 31st 2016. so I am way over normal processing times , plus I know many cases that filed after me like april 2015 and already received their GC. I have scheduled infopass appointment for tomorrow and this is my first one( there barely any available at my filed office) . Is this infopass appointment going to help or affect my case in anyway? does any one else had same problem with such delays ? I will appreciate any help or opinion . thank you.

2/28/15 - (Day 1)- AOS package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

3/12/15 - (Day 12)- Received the hard copies of the NOAs via mail / NOA1 dated 03/02/2015

3/18/15 - (Day 18)- Received the hard copy of my biometrics appointment. Scheduled for 4/02/15

4/02/15 - (Day 33)- Biometrics Completed

5/16/15 - (Day 77) - update on EAD - Card in Production

Are you married to a US citizen?

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

I would really appreciate any help with my upcoming infopass appointment. long story short, I am adjusting my status from student visa through marriage . I filed all paperwork in march 2015, my priority date says March 3RD 2015, went for my fingerprint appointment on April 1st 2015 and since then I am waiting for my interview , my status online has not chance since march 3rd< when it says fingerprinting fee was received, since then I tried to make 4 service requests , 3 myself and 1 through ombudsman's office, getting the same bs answer, that due the workload , not related to my case uscis experiencing delay in processing my application. My field office is Newark NJ, which processing time status say , that they finished working on case dated march 29 2015 as for January 31st 2016. so I am way over normal processing times , plus I know many cases that filed after me like april 2015 and already received their GC. I have scheduled infopass appointment for tomorrow and this is my first one( there barely any available at my filed office) . Is this infopass appointment going to help or affect my case in anyway? does any one else had same problem with such delays ? I will appreciate any help or opinion . thank you.

Sounds like you will go to the INFOpass appointment and get the same BS answer you already have--sorry to say. The stories of successful INFOpass appointments speeding u someone's case are very few and far between here on VJ. I would contact your Senior Senator, Bob Menendez, and submit whatever paper work is required to have him contact the USCIS on your behalf to see why it is taking so long to process your application. I would get everything in order tonight and see about combining the INFOpass appointment with a personal visit to the Senator's local office near you. You can have these papers and info about the Senator with you at the INFOpass appointment in a place where the IO can see them. May help or may not but at least the USCIS employee will know you are going to try every avenue at your disposal to get your GC.

I hope it all goes well. 13 months is way too long for this process.

Dave

Timeline

Are you married to a US citizen?

yes

3/12/15 - (Day 12)- Received the hard copies of the NOAs via mail / NOA1 dated 03/02/2015

3/18/15 - (Day 18)- Received the hard copy of my biometrics appointment. Scheduled for 4/02/15

Timeline

Sounds like you will go to the INFOpass appointment and get the same BS answer you already have--sorry to say. The stories of successful INFOpass appointments speeding u someone's case are very few and far between here on VJ. I would contact your Senior Senator, Bob Menendez, and submit whatever paper work is required to have him contact the USCIS on your behalf to see why it is taking so long to process your application. I would get everything in order tonight and see about combining the INFOpass appointment with a personal visit to the Senator's local office near you. You can have these papers and info about the Senator with you at the INFOpass appointment in a place where the IO can see them. May help or may not but at least the USCIS employee will know you are going to try every avenue at your disposal to get your GC.

I hope it all goes well. 13 months is way too long for this process.

Dave

I have contacted the ombusman's office and they contacted uscis for me , and they recived the same answer, that my case being activly reviwing my case. So i believe contacting senator's office will bring the same result, but i will def. try. thanks

Filed: Timeline

Hello ksenia86, I have been waiting for more than 14 months as well. I contacted the congressman rep and he said my case has been under scrunity. I made an infopass and sought answers too. This is so frustrating!!! My local office, Dallas is processing late May 2015 application already. My PD was Feb 2015, I was more than 3 months due for interview.

02/07/2015 - Day 0 - AOS application (I-130 & I-485) sent

02/10/2015 - Day 3 - AOS received in Chicago Lockbox

02/13/2015 - Day 6 - Checks cashed (both forms)

02/13/2015 - Day 6 - Texts and emails notifications

02/20/2015 - Day 13 - NOA1 hard copies (4 forms)

02/23/2015 - Day 16 - Biometrics appointment letter

02/24/2015 - Day 17 - Biometrics walk-in (15 mins)

03/03/2015 - Day 24 - Email notification for RFE (Form I485)

03/10/2015 - Day 31 - RFE sent

03/12/2015 - Day 33 - RFE response received

04/16/2015 - Day 68 - EAD/AP combo card ordered

04/22/2015 - Day 74 - EAD/AP combo card received

Timeline

Hello ksenia86, I have been waiting for more than 14 months as well. I contacted the congressman rep and he said my case has been under scrunity. I made an infopass and sought answers too. This is so frustrating!!! My local office, Dallas is processing late May 2015 application already. My PD was Feb 2015, I was more than 3 months due for interview.

. Same is here too. They couldn't say anything about the case , because it's not even in the field office yet!!! Crazy. Infopass was waiste of time :( also ombudsmans office contacted me again today about the case . They told me they have submitted an another service request with uscis and will continue to do so till issue is resolved. I hope to hear anything from them soon. I hope you will hear about the interview soon too Edited by ksenia86

Filed: Timeline

. Same is here too. They couldn't say anything about the case , because it's not even in the field office yet!!! Crazy. Infopass was waiste of time :( also ombudsmans office contacted me again today about the case . They told me they have submitted an another service request with uscis and will continue to do so till issue is resolved. I hope to hear anything from them soon. I hope you will hear about the interview soon too

How long for the ombudsmans to respond to you. i requested the service 2 months ago but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

In my case, my file is already in the field office but I have no idea why they didn't give me an interview. Good luck ksenia, you should try the congressman as well. I will have an infopass on Thursday to ask them.

02/07/2015 - Day 0 - AOS application (I-130 & I-485) sent

02/10/2015 - Day 3 - AOS received in Chicago Lockbox

02/13/2015 - Day 6 - Checks cashed (both forms)

02/13/2015 - Day 6 - Texts and emails notifications

02/20/2015 - Day 13 - NOA1 hard copies (4 forms)

02/23/2015 - Day 16 - Biometrics appointment letter

02/24/2015 - Day 17 - Biometrics walk-in (15 mins)

03/03/2015 - Day 24 - Email notification for RFE (Form I485)

03/10/2015 - Day 31 - RFE sent

03/12/2015 - Day 33 - RFE response received

04/16/2015 - Day 68 - EAD/AP combo card ordered

04/22/2015 - Day 74 - EAD/AP combo card received

I just wanted to reply to you and say I hope you get some response soon and hear good news. I can totally relate to your story as I'm also adjusting from F1 in NJ. I wish you the best of luck :)

Edited by nj_aos_oct

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

UPDATE!!! Finally, I received an interview notice today!!! interview is scheduled for may 31st!!! got it in the mail, online status has never changed . good luck o everyone who is still waiting.

Congratulations on the good news!! Do not worry about the on-line system as it seems to lag by a significant amount of time.

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.