ketahpahnen

Cairo K1 in AP-updates, approvals n length of time in AP

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

A spot for interviewees and applicants in AP to discuss their interview, any updates, bumps in the road and hopefully approvals! Right now people are saying AP is taking 2 to 6 months for K1 petitions, any insight or sharing of your experiences would definitely be helpful for anyone going through or coming onto this rough road through Egypt by way of the immigration highway :D please share, n make sure to update your timelines!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im still in AP since Jan 20th, and even my wife got in contact with the senator in CA the embassy reply same message as they sent it to us that the case under mandatory administrative processing. In other hand i had my interview for renewal my B1/B2 visit visa back on April 28th 2015 and guess what, I'm still in same AP since then :ranting: . We really don't understand what's the main purpose of the AP as they already run background check on me since i used to be in US and even they took my finger print before 2 years from while i was in Houston TX.

Timeline

Our interview was on March 15th.

I'm hoping for AP that's 3-4 months. Of course there's no guarantee.

At the interview they said it shouldn't take too long. So that gives me hope.

Did they keep your passport?

Timeline

My interview was one month ago, interview only took about 5 minutes, the consular said everything looks good, we will contact you in case we need anything within one month, otherwise you can expect the visa through Aramex, we will currently do further processing,

I have been in AP ever since:):), Fingers crossed.

Timeline

My interview was one month ago, interview only took about 5 minutes, the consular said everything looks good, we will contact you in case we need anything within one month, otherwise you can expect the visa through Aramex, we will currently do further processing,

I have been in AP ever since:):), Fingers crossed.

Ours went the same, except they asked me questions instead of asking my fiance...she also gave us the same answer...expect in one to two months. You are in ap, it is normal. Anything we need well call your fiance. :)

Edited by ketahpahnen

Timeline

I guess the embassy checking the case on certain date during the month wether they received the clearance or not. That's why most of us they have updated on the same day :cry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.