jeessgb

I-129F April 2016 Filers

2,999 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

just i-134 .... real signature

Ok good, I have that! Had a little panick attack then lol! Thank you!!!

04/08/2016 - I-129F Sent
04/13/2016 - NOA1
08/08/2016 - NOA2
08/23/2016 - NVC Receive

08/23/2016 - NVC Case # assigned

08/29/2016 - NVC Sent to Consulate

09/07/2016 - Medical Interview

10/06/2016 - Visa Interview

(L):luv:

7d3ip1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I have seen while monitoring Philippines approvals, the visa is ready at 2GO MOA on average 3-7 business days after interview date. If its been more than 10 business days since your interview and still no visa delivery, then I would call the embassy to ask whats the current issue status.

Doug in your case since it changed from READY back to AP and its been 8 business days since your interview, I suggest you or your fiance call the US embassy in Manila to request a status update and tell the rep your status changed from READY back to AP.

Has everyone been checking all the status sites?

Status...

CEAC Visa Status Check

USTravelDocs Passport Tracking Options

2GO e-Trace

References...

How To Track Your Visa Status and Passport (USEM Passport Tracker, CEAC Visa Status Checker)

2GO: How To Track and Pick Up Your Visa Package (Philippines)

the fiance couldn't get through to the embassy. then I made international calls and all they do is forward to different voicemails and then hang up on you. Fiance's has shown as being issued since the 26th. i noticed the K2 spent 1 hour in AP then went to issued yesterday. K1 remained issued since the 26th. with no change in status since then. Have been unable to reach a live person at the embassy. Now I'm pissed off because they are really dragging this out. Ive only seen one person who had their interview on the 22nd receive their visa. Don't know whats going on or how to reach a live person without spending a fortune on international calls.

(L) Doug & Thin's K1 Journey (L)

• 04/27/16 I-129F Packet Sent to Lewisville, TX Lock Box via USPS Overnight EXPRESS Mail.
  • 04/28/16 Delivered by USPS AT 11:39AM. Delivery Confirmation via email by USPS.
  • 05/02/16 Check Cashed Electronically (No text or email received with the notification)
  • 05/03/16 Email & Text stating paperwork was received on 04/28, accepted and rerouted to CSC.
  • 05/12/16 Called USCIS to request a hard-copy of NOA1 which was not received (Original NOA1 was never received or located).
  • 05/29/16 Actually finally received NOA1 hard-copy after numerous calls after USPS returned 2nd NOA1 as being undeliverable.
  • 07/08/16 NOA2 APPROVED!! All the apps started going off one after the other. Last notice I received is the text from USCIS.
  • 07/12/16 Hard Copy of NOA2 received!
  • 07/14/16 Received email at 2217hrs of "POST DECISION ACTIVITY" regarding file being forwarded from USCIS to NVC.
  • 07/27/16 NVC received petition packet.
  • 07/28/16 NVC issues MNL-2016-710-@@@
  • 07/28/16 Visa paid for K1 & K2
  • 07/28/16 Mailed out Petition Packet with all documents to K1 via FEDEX (COST $221.00!!!)
  • 07/29/16 IN TRANSIT to USEM, Manila, Philippines
  • 08/02/16 File received and 'READY' at US Embassy, Manila Philippines. (08/01/2016 US)
  • 08/11/16 CENOMAR & NBI in hand.
  • 08/16/16 Medical scheduled for K1 & K2 at St Lukes
  • 08/17/16 Medical with OB/GYN COMPLETED
  • 08/18/16 CFO Seminar COMPLETED & Return for shots and TB results for K2
  • 08/22/16 Interview scheduled at 0815hrs :dance: COMPLETED INTERVIEW!! :dance:
  • 09/02/16 Visa Issued in hand
  • 09/05/16 CFO decal placed in K1 & K2 passports
  • 09/08/16 - Flight booked! Set to depart on EVA Airways at 12:40PM
  • 09/08/16 - Set to ARRIVE in US 4:30PM (Pacific Standard Time) POE: San Francisco International Airport

:dancing: :joy:

the fiance couldn't get through to the embassy. then I made international calls and all they do is forward to different voicemails and then hang up on you. Fiance's has shown as being issued since the 26th. i noticed the K2 spent 1 hour in AP then went to issued yesterday. K1 remained issued since the 26th. with no change in status since then. Have been unable to reach a live person at the embassy. Now I'm pissed off because they are really dragging this out. Ive only seen one person who had their interview on the 22nd receive their visa. Don't know whats going on or how to reach a live person without spending a fortune on international calls.

my interview was the 23rd and i was on AP next day . yesterday changed to issued and im picking visa tomorrow. i was reading online that during AP they do some background checks and stuff . but you're still under the 14 business days .

good luck, hope you get your passport soon.

Timeline

my interview was the 23rd and i was on AP next day . yesterday changed to issued and im picking visa tomorrow. i was reading online that during AP they do some background checks and stuff . but you're still under the 14 business days .

good luck, hope you get your passport soon.

Philippines is a bit different though. why would they background check an 8 year old child? And others are too still awaiting theres as well.

• 04/27/16 I-129F Packet Sent to Lewisville, TX Lock Box via USPS Overnight EXPRESS Mail.
  • 04/28/16 Delivered by USPS AT 11:39AM. Delivery Confirmation via email by USPS.
  • 05/02/16 Check Cashed Electronically (No text or email received with the notification)
  • 05/03/16 Email & Text stating paperwork was received on 04/28, accepted and rerouted to CSC.
  • 05/12/16 Called USCIS to request a hard-copy of NOA1 which was not received (Original NOA1 was never received or located).
  • 05/29/16 Actually finally received NOA1 hard-copy after numerous calls after USPS returned 2nd NOA1 as being undeliverable.
  • 07/08/16 NOA2 APPROVED!! All the apps started going off one after the other. Last notice I received is the text from USCIS.
  • 07/14/16 Received email at 2217hrs of "POST DECISION ACTIVITY" regarding file being forwarded from USCIS to NVC.
  • 07/28/16 Mailed out Petition Packet with all documents to K1 via FEDEX (COST $221.00!!!)
  • 08/02/16 File received and 'READY' at US Embassy, Manila Philippines. (08/01/2016 US)
  • 09/08/16 - Set to ARRIVE in US 4:30PM (Pacific Standard Time) POE: San Francisco International Airport

Philippines is a bit different though. why would they background check an 8 year old child? And others are too still awaiting theres as well.

https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/sites/default/files/documents/pdfs/Immigrants/Administrative-Processing-FAQ.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Sigh of relief. Approved.

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

Timeline

I feel your frustration, we've been on 221g AP since the 8th, Hong Kong is dragging this out issuing the police clearance "we shall issue the Certificate and send it directly by registered mail to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority within four calendar weeks", they still haven't finished processing it and haven't mailed it to the Manila embassy yet, every time I email them they give what seems to be an automated response saying they are still processing it. Once Hong Kong mails the police clearance, god know how long it will take to deliver or how long it will sit at the embassy before they associate it with our case and finish issuing her visa. I was really hoping my girl would have her visa on hand by now, but seems like this wont happen till end of September or October. If NVC had sent us that hard copy letter OR at least the email, when we requested it then we could have ordered the police clearance weeks before her interview. Since we didnt get the NVC letter till a few days before the interview, my fiance wasn't able to get the police clearance application delivered to Hong Kong till 8 days after the interview. Oh and the funny thing is 40 minutes AFTER my fiance arrived at the interview I finally received the NVC email which we needed in order to mail her HK police clearance request. Government agencies doing what they do best... hurry up and wait!

Now others are getting their visas from the 25th interviews. Never received that damn letter or an email from NVC or the embassy. Fiance never received a packet either. Fiance had her visa listed as "ISSUED" since the 26th, but I noticed K2 stayed as "READY" which I thought was odd or the fact that may not matter since it was the K1 that was the primary. The status stayed that way, then the other day I noticed just the K2 changed to AP for almost one hour then went to issued. The Fiance was only in AP one day prior to the 26th.

Case Creation Date: 22-Aug-2016 Status Updated Date: 26-Aug-2016

So these dates never changed whatsoever. So I kept trying to reach the embassy and kept getting passed around to various voicemails which only began to piss me off even more. So then the fiance finally reached a "consul" at the embassy who did trace the passports and stated that because of the weekend and the Philippine holiday it was "technically" 7 days and not 10 days. She voiced her concern that it's been in "ISSUED" status since the 26th and now everyone else who interviewed afterwards are getting theirs and asked if there was an issue with the delay because her fiance was having to rebook the flight once again. She said the consul simply stated that there was no particular order that they are issued out, but that it was in fact there and 2Go will contact her when they receive it. So now I'm in for $2400 for ticket reservations and now will be required to change once again. Waiting on hold with Vayama which is where I booked the flight originally. Normally takes me about 1 1/2 on hold before I reach a live person. Wonder how much this delay will cost me now? So now I will reschedule AGAIN to the end of the week. The State Department conveniently covers their ### on every loophole. But my question is, why, if they were going to sit us in limbo, don't they change it back to "AP" status instead of leaving it in "ISSUED" status?? She has no wants or warrents, clean NBI and Cenomar. Feeling very frustrated because it seems the system is playing "God" when there is no known viable excuse to delay the issuance when they have stated the visa's are in fact "ISSUED". Just had to rebook for the 8th. If her visa's arent issued prior to that, then She will be having to wait for a month because a one way flight that originally cost me $933.41 has now cost $3800.00

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Now others are getting their visas from the 25th interviews. Never received that damn letter or an email from NVC or the embassy. Fiance never received a packet either. Fiance had her visa listed as "ISSUED" since the 26th, but I noticed K2 stayed as "READY" which I thought was odd or the fact that may not matter since it was the K1 that was the primary. The status stayed that way, then the other day I noticed just the K2 changed to AP for almost one hour then went to issued. The Fiance was only in AP one day prior to the 26th.

So these dates never changed whatsoever. So I kept trying to reach the embassy and kept getting passed around to various voicemails which only began to piss me off even more. So then the fiance finally reached a "consul" at the embassy who did trace the passports and stated that because of the weekend and the Philippine holiday it was "technically" 7 days and not 10 days. She voiced her concern that it's been in "ISSUED" status since the 26th and now everyone else who interviewed afterwards are getting theirs and asked if there was an issue with the delay because her fiance was having to rebook the flight once again. She said the consul simply stated that there was no particular order that they are issued out, but that it was in fact there and 2Go will contact her when they receive it. So now I'm in for $2400 for ticket reservations and now will be required to change once again. Waiting on hold with Vayama which is where I booked the flight originally. Normally takes me about 1 1/2 on hold before I reach a live person. Wonder how much this delay will cost me now? So now I will reschedule AGAIN to the end of the week. The State Department conveniently covers their ### on every loophole. But my question is, why, if they were going to sit us in limbo, don't they change it back to "AP" status instead of leaving it in "ISSUED" status?? She has no wants or warrents, clean NBI and Cenomar. Feeling very frustrated because it seems the system is playing "God" when there is no known viable excuse to delay the issuance when they have stated the visa's are in fact "ISSUED". Just had to rebook for the 8th. If her visa's arent issued prior to that, then She will be having to wait for a month because a one way flight that originally cost me $933.41 has now cost $3800.00

DOUG & THIN....oh my, I feel so horrible for what you guys are going thru right now!!! It is so frustrating that there seems to be no real order to how things happen....why some couples get letters from the NVC, and others don't.....why some cases that arrive after ours get approved before ours, etc. The system is clearly flawed and hard that we can't do much.

I am praying for you guys to get the answers you need and for that passport to come ASAP!!! You guys will get there....its just unfortunate with what you've been going thru!! Try to keep your heads up :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sigh of relief. Approved.

Congratulations !!!

I'm very sorry for what you're going through, as if the whole process wasn't expensive enough. :(

VJ experienced posters have been stressing how important is to book flights when you have visa on hand because delays like yours are not common but do happen. There's even times when having the visa in hand it turns out it has an error on the name or dates, so it has to be corrected before flying in.

In your case it's too late for that, but I'm confident you will have the visa soon since both have been issued now, and that you will put this behind you as soon as you have your fiancee and child with you.

For others that haven't received their visa, I encourage you to wait until you have the visa if you don't wanna go through this stressing situation.

Good luck everyone!!!

:star: K1 Timeline :star:

I-129F Sent : Apr 01, 2016

I-129F Received : Apr 06, 2016

I-129F NOA1 : Apr 08, 2016

I-129F NOA2 : Jun 21, 2016

NVC received : Jul 15, 2016

NVC case number : Jul 15, 2016

NVC left : Jul 19, 2016

Consulate ready : Jul 20, 2016

Interview : Aug 11, 2016

Visa issued: Aug 15, 2016

Visa in hand: Aug 17, 2016

POE: Aug 20, 2016

Wedding: Sep 15, 2016

me too .. think it ll be here by friday though

Have you received an email with tracking info?? We have not and are getting anxious :(

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

noooooo nothing yet ....

Ugh. I am tempted to call the courier service but I don't know if that would help it get to him any faster.

K1 PROCESS-

AOS PROCESS-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

says they send email when they recieve it from embassy , obviously they not with the courier yet ! they just love to make us wait huh

says they send email when they recieve it from embassy , obviously they not with the courier yet ! they just love to make us wait huh

Well thats what they tell you, but I have heard others say that they have gotten an email at night and the passport has been delivered the next day. Praying we get that email tonight although we have pretty much lost hope for him flying out Sunday.

K1 PROCESS-

AOS PROCESS-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.