StephanieC

Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form...

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experience with this type of case notification:

On March 21, 2016, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC*********, because they could not deliver it.

I called my post office who had no idea what I was talking about, and when I had my husband called USCIS they said there was no note in their system. So I followed the instructions and created a service case to send it again. I read a few places that this has happened to some people even though they got their notice a few days later. Anyone else have an experience like this?

Thanks

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You would not believe the amount of issues I've had with uscis to get them to send things correctly.

I don't know how many times I've gone in and updated my address just to make sure they have it correct, I've verified it with them constantly on the phone (about 500 times) and they've also sent me letters saying it's updated.

Yet they send half of my letters and stuff to my physical address - which get sent back due to no mail box. Then they send the other half to my correct mailing address.

Don't ask my why they don't send everything to my mailing. I could have had my card two weeks ago but they sent it to the wrong place and it went back to uscis and now I need to wait more - since I apparently need to request they re send it, and that can take forever for them to see the service request and respond to it.

I know it happens a lot ! For various reasons, but mostly because uscis people or computer systems have no idea what the freak they are actually doing

Ugh how frustrating! I should have known that my K1 went way too smoothly for the momentum to keep up. I think we will try to call again tomorrow and ask to talk to a tier 2.

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Timeline

My k1 was pretty smooth too haha I don't get it honestly. Everything got messed up since I moved here with uscis and paperwork.

Tier two never helped me much but try it anyway, can't hurt!

Every time I have called uscis they tell me to wait or they don't know. So they've never helped me with any issue that was actually caused by them.

I don't usually complain haha but this stuff has driven me to the point of insanity!

Definitely ring and clear it up, hopefully they will send you something as evidence ;)

Does your husband have a PO box?

The post office has issues with government mail going to po boxes.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Does your husband have a PO box?

The post office has issues with government mail going to po boxes.

We don't have a PO Box. It's really odd since our NOA1 came to us with no issues.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Still no help and USCIS is completely worthless. I made a service ticket about the notice not being received. The ticket sits on my case information on the USCIS website but still says it hasn't been assigned for processing. Even a tier 2 rep says the same rhetoric about - oh we can't help you sorry wait 30 days. I mean, if that is our biometrics appointment, then we risk not only missing it but having our case denied and really no one can help us?

I even changed my address by pretty much just retyping my same address. Ironically, I got a notice in the mail saying my home address was updated. So somehow that makes it to me just fine. I called again today asking for an update to our service inquiry and was hung up on. :/

Timeline

I was literally just in that position. 'Updated' my address like three or four times, they send me a letter a month later saying it's updated,

So that made it fine. But get this: for the EAD case, they sent my approval letter to the mailing address but couldn't get it right for the actual card. Go figure :/

Thankfully I've received that but received my Green Card a week prior. So I don't need that anymore.

I know it sucks but save yourself the frustration and don't call uscis. They don't do anything, I don't even know why there's a customer service place to call because all they tell you is to wait in any situation.

Tier two don't do much either :/

• 2 weeks later...

Just some follow-up in case anyone was interested: USCIS t2 actually called my husband back from our service request (crazy right?) and told him that they put in a request to reschedule his biometrics and that a petition isn't truly considered abandoned unless there is no response for a period of 12 months. Not sure how true that is but it's from USCIS so take it as you will.

Previously I mentioned that I changed our address in the records which what I actually did was retype our current address that was already accurate in our system. But I added my name to the c/o (care of) line just in case the post really wasn't delivering it. We got a letter 4 days later confirming the change in mailing address.

Friday we got the biometrics letter in the mail, but the c/o line wasn't on it. So I'm not sure if they even truly acknowledged the change in information. It didn't imply a reschedule it actually looks just like an NOA1/2 but with appointment information on it. So on the 19th he will go to his biometrics. In the meantime, he got his approval letter for his work auth.

So, long story short I'm not entirely sure that calling them did any good. Waiting seemed to be the only real solution.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.