MR-RA

CONFUSED WHETHER TO FILE DCF. HELP!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello fellow VJers! I just would like to ask whether you could help me with my case. My case is that:

I would like to file for K1 but since I heard that there is a less chance my petition could be approved by the USEM because I'm a fresh grad and got no work I also thought of filing DCF instead. But my problem is that, I'll be leaving the Phil. next month.

My questions are:

1. Could I file DCF before heading back to states or should I stay here in the Phil. during the entire process? (btw, I'm a dual citizen (fil/am) and took schooling here in the phil. for 4 years)

2. Does it require another appointment aside from filing in which I should be present or can I file and let my boyfriend process the rest

Thank you in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You need to be married to DCF.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

USCIS in Manila doesn't accept K1 petitions.

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
02-23-2016 Filed I- 130 @ US Embassy Manila
03-03-2016 NOA 2
03-04-2016 Received MNL Case Number
04-04-2016 Interview (Approved!) Visa ISSUED the same day
04-06-2016 Visa on hand! Picked up from 2Go MOA @ 5:30 PM
04-11-2016 POE @ Minneapolis, MN

05-12-2016 Received SSN

07-07-2016 Greencard arrived!

ROC

01-11-2018 ROC window opens

01-13-2018 Mailed ROC application to CSC

01-26-2018 Received NOA (dated: 01/22) 

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

01-31-2019  10 Year Greencard arrived! 

N400

03-16-2019 Submitted application online

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

11-13-2019 Interview, approved 

12-04-2019 Oath taking. I'm now a naturalized US Citizen. 

=It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done=

From what I've read K1 cannot be filed through DCF so you might need to do it in the US.

I also know that K1 couldn't be filed through DCF. My problem is that I'm still here in the Phil. and would like to file for dcf, but I dont think we could make it knowing i'll be leaving the country next month. While on the other hand, i also dont think my petition for k1 would be approved knowing I don't have work, and knowing the USEM barely accepts co-sponsor. But thanks though

You can get married, have your marriage certificate advance endorsed by your local civil registrar to NSO so you can get your copy in 6-8 weeks then file at the US embassy in Manila. If you can extend your stay here in the Philippines for a few more weeks, that is.

You don't have to be here during the entire process, just at the initial filing itself.

Good luck!

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
03-03-2016 NOA 2

05-12-2016 Received SSN

ROC

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

N400

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

You can get married, have your marriage certificate advance endorsed by your local civil registrar to NSO so you can get your copy in 6-8 weeks then file at the US embassy in Manila. If you can extend your stay here in the Philippines for a few more weeks, that is.

You don't have to be here during the entire process, just at the initial filing itself.

Good luck!

Yay! Thank you so much for the answer :) Tried calling the PSA and told me it take 2-3wks for the advance endorsement to be processed now Im feeling relieved knowing there can be a chance my boyfriend and I could process it. Btw, what are the other instances in which I should be present after filing? Because I already have my plane ticket going back to the states.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Manila has accepted close family members as joint sponsors in the past. Aren't you planning to have a parent as joint sponsor?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Manila has accepted close family members as joint sponsors in the past. Aren't you planning to have a parent as joint sponsor?

My parents and I decided that they will be my co-sponsor, but in the Phil. it's case to case basis. So it's either my petition will be approved or denied. So I'm thinking of doing the DCF or CR1. Got no choice knowing I have a limited time :)

Yay! Thank you so much for the answer :) Tried calling the PSA and told me it take 2-3wks for the advance endorsement to be processed now Im feeling relieved knowing there can be a chance my boyfriend and I could process it. Btw, what are the other instances in which I should be present after filing? Because I already have my plane ticket going back to the states.

I think you're cutting it too close if you plan to get married and do DCF within a month. Yes, you MAY get your PSA marriage certificate in 2- 3 weeks, but take into consideration the 10 day waiting period to receive your marriage license, plus scheduling for the judge (if you're having a civil ceremony), having your marriage registered by your local civil registrar and endorsing it to PSA.

During the initial filing at the US embassy is the only time your presence as the petitioner is required.

If you can extend your stay in the Philippines for another month, then this is feasible. Otherwise, better options for you are to file K1 in the US and get a job that'll give you enough income to sponsor your fiance, or get married while you're still here then file I- 130 abroad when you have all your documents ready.

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
03-03-2016 NOA 2

05-12-2016 Received SSN

ROC

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

N400

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

I think you're cutting it too close if you plan to get married and do DCF within a month. Yes, you MAY get your PSA marriage certificate in 2- 3 weeks, but take into consideration the 10 day waiting period to receive your marriage license, plus scheduling for the judge (if you're having a civil ceremony), having your marriage registered by your local civil registrar and endorsing it to PSA.

During the initial filing at the US embassy is the only time your presence as the petitioner is required.

If you can extend your stay in the Philippines for another month, then this is feasible. Otherwise, better options for you are to file K1 in the US and get a job that'll give you enough income to sponsor your fiance, or get married while you're still here then file I- 130 abroad when you have all your documents ready.

Thank you so much bellashay! :) I'm so happy to be in this forum and you guys helped me a lot. I will take into consideration everything you mentioned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.