PRINCESSLEE

Persons with Case Complete Awaiting Interview in Jamaica

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For all my fellow JAer's.....hear from those who are trying to schedule medicals that they phone rings and rings. Please keep calling and approach from 2 fronts---

Email us for an appointment: usappts@amhosp.org

Your email must include:

• Names of all persons to see the doctor
  • Local address
  • Two local contact numbers
  • Interview date at the US Embassy

http://amhosp.org/usmedical/us-medical.aspx

The auto reply that I rec'd from them indicated that someone would respond within 2 days. It hasn't been 2 days yet but I will keep you all updated on the response time.

Just an update...they did what they said they were going to do. They responded within 2 days. Interview date and time was e-mailed 30 minutes after the opened this morning.

Just an update...they did what they said they were going to do. They responded within 2 days. Interview date and time was e-mailed 30 minutes after the opened this morning.

Thanks for the update! Good Luck :)

Timeline

Thanks for the update! Good Luck :)

*And that's to schedule the medical not the interview (sorry about that...thats what I get for trying to be on the site while I am supposed to be working).

Most welcome (each one, help one...we all in this together).

Thank you

Edited by shsl73

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so Good Morning everyone, prior to my post on Wednesday or thursday. My family and I went to Andrews Memorial to do our medical and boi it was a long day. Our appointment time was 10am which we got there after 9. anyways we were given a number and ofcoarse persons were there in the waiting area from what i heard from 8am and earlier. As the day went on, my mom myself and younger brother were split up because of the different departments. my first stop was to pay fees which included Lab work, physical and Xray with passport in hand and supporting document. so i did the physical height, weight, vision, pressure and temperature. then I was told to wait in the waiting area this was about 1hr /2hrs of waiting then i proceeded to the lab for blood work after that another long wait which was at one point frustrating. Next stop was to see a doctor to check eyes ears nose throat, breathing etc nothing major and answer a few questions health related tho.. then i was told to wait again. next stop xray dept which i had to wait for maybe 30mins or less then back to the waiting area. by this time my mom and brother were through for the day, so i had to ask the receptionist if the doctors misplace my file or something because persons that came after my family got through long before me. So five mins later my name was called and this last stop was for 2 vaccines which i took like a champion just because I was glad Im through for the day, Influenza and tetanus pretty reasonable, but this is because i had already got majority at a health centre prior to the medical date. To conclude this I would say it was a long and interesting day met a few people. and if u should ask my family and i left the premises or i should say got through after 4 that day.

Timeline

so Good Morning everyone, prior to my post on Wednesday or thursday. My family and I went to Andrews Memorial to do our medical and boi it was a long day. Our appointment time was 10am which we got there after 9. anyways we were given a number and ofcoarse persons were there in the waiting area from what i heard from 8am and earlier. As the day went on, my mom myself and younger brother were split up because of the different departments. my first stop was to pay fees which included Lab work, physical and Xray with passport in hand and supporting document. so i did the physical height, weight, vision, pressure and temperature. then I was told to wait in the waiting area this was about 1hr /2hrs of waiting then i proceeded to the lab for blood work after that another long wait which was at one point frustrating. Next stop was to see a doctor to check eyes ears nose throat, breathing etc nothing major and answer a few questions health related tho.. then i was told to wait again. next stop xray dept which i had to wait for maybe 30mins or less then back to the waiting area. by this time my mom and brother were through for the day, so i had to ask the receptionist if the doctors misplace my file or something because persons that came after my family got through long before me. So five mins later my name was called and this last stop was for 2 vaccines which i took like a champion just because I was glad Im through for the day, Influenza and tetanus pretty reasonable, but this is because i had already got majority at a health centre prior to the medical date. To conclude this I would say it was a long and interesting day met a few people. and if u should ask my family and i left the premises or i should say got through after 4 that day.

JBeeJamaican--one hurdle down, right. Guess they give true meaning to "soon come" (that could be anytime). Thanks for sharing your experience with Andrews. Do you mind sharing what the cost was? I know this can vary for each person, due to vaccinations. I have read that it's approx. cost is around 250.00 U.S..

I also read where on here that someone ran into an issue with vaccinations because they (Andrews) would not accept what was given from another local clinic--glad to hear that you didn't have that issue.

Nonetheless, glad to here that although it was a long day, everything went smoothly and know you can relax a bit until the interview (which you will be fine--just another long day) :goofy:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well thank you so much yes 1 hurdle down and I must thank GOD that everything went smoothly. Yes I've heard of cases like that where Andrews dont want to accept vaccines that were taken prior from another health centre or clinic but its just a money making thing thats why they would prefer applicants take them at andrews. Anyways the cost for adult once your 15yrs and older is $15,240.00 and the Influenza vaccine that I got is for $2400.00 because we are in the flue season and I also receive Tetanus for $1400.00.

Timeline

well thank you so much yes 1 hurdle down and I must thank GOD that everything went smoothly. Yes I've heard of cases like that where Andrews dont want to accept vaccines that were taken prior from another health centre or clinic but its just a money making thing thats why they would prefer applicants take them at andrews. Anyways the cost for adult once your 15yrs and older is $15,240.00 and the Influenza vaccine that I got is for $2400.00 because we are in the flue season and I also receive Tetanus for $1400.00.

Thanks again for sharing.

This whole process is a money making business (SMH).

Timeline

Hi new to the site.cc date unsure but email received on March 23rd( we called the NVC n case was complete like a week or 2 before we got the cc letter.it's the longest wait ever..goin crazy :( ..why does it take so long for kingston.

I know right it sure is. but thank you i will keep u posted :secret:

Timeline

Hi new to the site.cc date unsure but email received on March 23rd( we called the NVC n case was complete like a week or 2 before we got the cc letter.it's the longest wait ever..goin crazy :( ..why does it take so long for kingston.

Awww...trust me, we have all been there and are still there. Nonetheless, WELCOME!? Kingston is getting better...?

In most instances, the letter comes about 7 to 10 days after verbal notification. May I suggest also following the thread below (if you haven't already) and creating a timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/591044-case-complete-to-interview-may-2016/page-1

Very informative thread. Again welcome (the struggle is real ---haha haha) and whether it's information or moral support (we got you)..except for the question as to why Kingston is relatively slow in their processing...only the most high knows the answer to that one???. I do however have my opinions but will refrain from making them publically known. I've seen molasses come out of a jar on a cold winters day faster than their processing.

Welcome my friend and hold tight.

Edited by shsl73

Timeline

Goodnight everyone , has anyone for cc dates in March gotten any dates as yet for interview? And I can't find the latest spreadsheet

Good night...

Go to this link below....the very first post by dwheels will have a link embedded in it for the spreadsheet:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/591044-case-complete-to-interview-may-2016/page-1

Not sure about the other question..interviews scheduled for those with March CC dates.

Timeline

I wonder if they go through the same examination process for everyone...I'm pretty sure that someone told me who just went too (female) and they did a urine test on them as well. Guess every person is handled differently.

Timeline

Awww...trust me, we have all been there and are still there. Nonetheless, WELCOME!? Kingston is getting better...?

In most instances, the letter comes about 7 to 10 days after verbal notification. May I suggest also following the thread below (if you haven't already) and creating a timeline:http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/591044-case-complete-to-interview-may-2016/page-1

Very informative thread. Again welcome (the struggle is real ---haha haha) and whether it's information or moral support (we got you)..except for the question as to why Kingston is relatively slow in their processing...only the most high knows the answer to that one???. I do however have my opinions but will refrain from making them publically known. I've seen molasses come out of a jar on a cold winters day faster than their processing.

Welcome my friend and hold tight.

:) I really appreciate it thank you..all the best to everyone..I will try to add my timeline tomorrow.I will do my best ..I got checklist for a year and it was jus alot of stress,so i finally got a Lawyer to get a supervisor to complete the case..I would respond back to the checklist the same week I recieved it and the following month they generated the same one...sayin they didnt recieve it or it got sent to the wrong department..it was just a crazy and stressful experience while pregnant..but like my grandma would say..all you can do is Hope and Pray..Pray..I always read n browse through this site ...it's just really depressing reading some of these posts, deter you sometimes.

people still waiting from febrauary. Not knowing what to think for this final step .its alot of stress for any family.sorry for the late response..got a little guy teeding

Edited by dkd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.