PRINCESSLEE

Persons with Case Complete Awaiting Interview in Jamaica

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes we are. One more week to hear of we in the next set of interviews

This month seems so long to me. I guess because I been watching the calendar so closely hoping to get interview scheduled this month. I seen one other person on VJ awaiting interview with an earlier C/C in January for Jamaica I think their name is EbonienTexas.

Timeline

This month seems so long to me. I guess because I been watching the calendar so closely hoping to get interview scheduled this month. I seen one other person on VJ awaiting interview with an earlier C/C in January for Jamaica I think their name is EbonienTexas.

True...the days always seem to get longer entering into spring/summer time frame(s). Seems just like yesterday we were in December, which flew by, and now Decemeber is quickly approaching 4 mos behind us.

The longer days are all apart of God's master plan to encourage us to get outside and absorb some vitamin D?

As far as my "semi-mathematical assumptions" (not predicitions) based on the spreadsheet...that was just to offset the 412 days someone mentioned that it would take for me to get an interview. First glance, that number seems heartbreaking but I understand how they deprived to that number and I don't want any of us to panic or become stuck in a sad place because of it (I think it was mentioned on this thread). I was just breaking it down into smaller pieces..that pill is easier to swallow, wouldn't you agree?

There are so many factors to consider and it's hard to calculate anything based on those. Things can change quickly...

We will have to just wait and see what happens in 2/3 weeks from now.

Side note-- Not usually up this early...but I had a dream that I was deep sea fishing and caught the biggest fish ever and it's mouth was HUGE. Wonder what that means (just a little something to ponder over instead of mathematical calculations and number of days before scheduling begins). ?. **I dream in color**

Edited by shsl73

Timeline

I like your calculations better. Late may early june would be great. I have noticed that it takes most exactly four months between case complete and interview so that should put me by june 4. Praying for earlier though

????....I knew you would like that better. Just write that date down in pencil (not pen).

But you know...if you write your vision down and claim it....HE will show up and show out!

????....I knew you would like that better. Just write that date down in pencil (not pen).

But you know...if you write your vision down and claim it....HE will show up and show out!

Dreaming of fish means someone close to you is pregnant. I cant wait for the week of March 27. I am claiming my interview in May in jesus name. AMEN

Timeline

Dreaming of fish means someone close to you is pregnant. I cant wait for the week of March 27. I am claiming my interview in May in jesus name. AMEN

Well..it ain't me!

In the name of Jesus, as long as 2 shall agree and so say it be done! Amen, Amen and Amen again!

BLOOP...?

Good morning everyone. I see Princess Lee and myself have same cc dates. I am hoping we in this batch. I am thinking early next week we gonna hear something, because embassy closing good Friday and easter monday. So I think they gonna try get out the numbers before and after they come back. Keep us all informed. I know I will. Good luck guys, the race almost over!!

Timeline

Good morning everyone. I see Princess Lee and myself have same cc dates. I am hoping we in this batch. I am thinking early next week we gonna hear something, because embassy closing good Friday and easter monday. So I think they gonna try get out the numbers before and after they come back. Keep us all informed. I know I will. Good luck guys, the race almost over!!

Yes! But just so you know..scheduling doesn't typically begin until the last week of the month (at least that's what I have been told from NVC), which would essentially mean that notifications could start coming out on Monday the 28th, right? Based on last month, notifications from NVC started rolling out around the 24/25th (Wednesday), based on the spreadsheet of VJers for JA (again, this spreadsheet is just a subset of ppl going through this process).

When you say they are closed on Friday and Monday in observance of Easter...are you referring to the JA Embassy? Unless the U.S. NVC recognizes this holiday (which they may), it is most likely not to have any impact because the JA Embassy doesn't actually schedule the interviews (from my understanding), they only supply appointment slots to the NVC and they plug in names into that slot. So, if anything...it could be that it may delay them notifying NVC of appointment slots...which could be a good thing because that would capture more of us falling into that 60-63 day notification (from CC date)window of hearing something, again that's all dependent on the number slots available.

Yes! But just so you know..scheduling doesn't typically begin until the last week of the month (at least that's what I have been told from NVC), which would essentially mean that notifications could start coming out on Monday the 28th, right? Based on last month, notifications from NVC started rolling out around the 24/25th (Wednesday), based on the spreadsheet of VJers for JA (again, this spreadsheet is just a subset of ppl going through this process).

When you say they are closed on Friday and Monday in observance of Easter...are you referring to the JA Embassy? Unless the U.S. NVC recognizes this holiday (which they may), it is most likely not to have any impact because the JA Embassy doesn't actually schedule the interviews (from my understanding), they only supply appointment slots to the NVC and they plug in names into that slot. So, if anything...it could be that it may delay them notifying NVC of appointment slots...which could be a good thing because that would capture more of us falling into that 60-63 day notification (from CC date)window of hearing something, again that's all dependent on the number slots available.

I am sorry, but if they are waiting on Kingston to send out appointmenta then how do you say it have no impact? Anyways, we are on the same page here. All we can do is wait. None of us work at immigration and cannot say for sure. I see people cc date 1/22 gone thru and have interview next month but people waiting from 1/13. Cases are different and we just have to be patient. It's hard I know, because I just celebratedon't a year with my husband and we had to improvise. Like someone mentioned before, they do this to test our patience. It's working though.

Timeline

I am sorry, but if they are waiting on Kingston to send out appointmenta then how do you say it have no impact? Anyways, we are on the same page here. All we can do is wait. None of us work at immigration and cannot say for sure. I see people cc date 1/22 gone thru and have interview next month but people waiting from 1/13. Cases are different and we just have to be patient. It's hard I know, because I just celebratedon't a year with my husband and we had to improvise. Like someone mentioned before, they do this to test our patience. It's working though.

If what the person told me at the NVC stands to be true (and the docmentation that I've read)when I called just to ask general questions, all scheduling begins the last week of month and can go into the 2nd weeks of the month. If that's the case, then one would have to assume that the NVC gets slots at least a week prior to dates being assigned to cases...in that respect, the Embassy being closed would have no impact as notifications would start the week of the 28th...unless they don't send out slots until they return after the holiday, which could possibly be beneficial for all. Not trying to bagger you..just wanting to clarify what I meant by the statement.

Usually when there is a quick turn around for an interview date, it could mean that particular person had their case expedited.

And you are 100% correct, none of us work for the Immigration Department...

NVC AILA Meeting QAs_Nov2015-2.pdf

Edited by shsl73

Timeline

If what the person told me at the NVC stands to be true (and the docmentation that I've read)when I called just to ask general questions, all scheduling begins the last week of month and can go into the 2nd week of the month. If that's the case, then one would have to assume that the NVC gets slots at least a week prior to dates being assigned to cases...in that respect, the Embassy being closed would have no impact as notifications would start the week of the 28th...unless they don't send out slots until they return after the holiday, which could possibly be beneficial for all. If notifications should start toward the latter end of the month (Wednesday or later), the NVC could receive available on Tuesday and the observance of the the holiday would have no impact.

Not trying to bagger you not be confrontational..just wanting to clarify what I meant by the statement.

Usually when there is a quick turn around for an interview date, it could mean that particular person had their case expedited.

And you are 100% correct, none of us work for the Immigration Department...

Good morning everyone, one more week. Wishing all of us the best of luck in the next batch of interviews.

Good luck to you as well. Fingers crossed, toes too :)

Timeline

Good morning everyone, one more week. Wishing all of us the best of luck in the next batch of interviews.

Good morning.....

Thanks for the well-wishes and same to you. Just have to make it through this week and the middle of next week. Pure torture!!!!

Edited by shsl73

Timeline

Here's some information that I thought I would share, as we begin gathering the required documentation for the interview phase of the process.

In doing some research on obtaining tax transcripts if returns are mailed in, I found on the irs.gov website that one can expect to wait 4 weeks before a "status" of return is available after mailing. So, that would mean that it would take 4 weeks or longer (depending on processing times) before one could request a transcript for this years return. Some may have filed for extensions but for those who are not going file for an extension, you might want to keep this in mind when gathering your documentation for the interview and if you've yet to file your returns (might want to think about going ahead and filing to ensure that you have the transcript prior to interview). I believe that someone mentioned or I read that the actual 1040 (but transcripts are preferred) can be used for interview purposes...but if you want a transcript it will take several weeks before you are able to request it. Status's can be checked by going to : https://www.irs.gov/Refunds. This link, " Where’s My Refund?" , has a tracker that displays progress through three stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent."

If my memory serves correctly, April 15th is the filing date for those who may owe and April 18th (without filing for an extension) is for those who expect a return. You can verify this either by going to the IRS site or calling.

Have a great day everyone...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.