PRINCESSLEE

Persons with Case Complete Awaiting Interview in Jamaica

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gm,

When I called NVC they said they sometimes schedule until the 15th of the month.However they usually start the last week of the month and I guess the first to second week of the new month. It seems to me that they give conflicting info at times. From my research and feedback from people who have had their interview dates, Jamaica has a wait time of approximately 4 mths between cc and interview date. That has been the pattern since last year it seems. My cc was Jan 13 so let's see what happens between end of this month and next month. Good luck guys!

Timeline

Thank you. Just the waiting is driving me insane.I also saw a post where someone tagged u on the other thread saying you may not get an interview until June. Seeing that we have basically the same time frame of C/C that had me depressed almost instantly. I just feel like everytime we get closer I hear something else that stretches the wait and It is extremely depressing. Not knowing when I will see my wife again because we are waiting on NVC to inform us on the interview date that is when we intend on booking the ticket. Sorry for my yapping. I know everyone here is frustrated with the waiting also. Just had to vent.

I know...I was a little disheartened by that too. I mean I had done the math and had the math sometime ago and came up with the interview occurring in June 14th(which is our 1 year anniversary) but because I have seen that most of the JA filers for JA had already been given a interview date...I was thinking that would push me up in the queue.

So now, I do t know what to think...and their is some other things about JA Embassy that leaves me scratching my head.

All I can say is, I know its hard and it impossible not to get discouraged (because I surely do) but just try not to stay in that place long.

Also, I read something on here that made sense...when we call NVC, we should be more specific in our questions. For example, have you completed scheduling interviewa for Jamacia...because I do believe that some of their responses can be a bit ambiguous.

Timeline

I know...I was a little disheartened by that too. I mean I had done the math and had the math sometime ago and came up with the interview occurring in June 14th(which is our 1 year anniversary) but because I have seen that most of the JA filers for JA had already been given a interview date...I was thinking that would push me up in the queue.

So now, I do t know what to think...and their is some other things about JA Embassy that leaves me scratching my head.

All I can say is, I know its hard and it impossible not to get discouraged (because I surely do) but just try not to stay in that place long.

Also, I read something on here that made sense...when we call NVC, we should be more specific in our questions. For example, have you completed scheduling interviewa for Jamacia...because I do believe that some of their responses can be a bit ambiguous.

I'm just glad that I found VJ and people who are going through the same exact process. People who can relate and give advise from experience . I'm holding strong in my belief that we will get our interview schedule this month latest first week of April. I've also been doing the math and came to around the same time frame for late May early June. When I also checked and read that Jamaica moved up a lot last time regarding interview scheduling that they gave people with October to December 24 C/C interview dates so technically with such a huge jump shouldn't we all be in this upcoming batch. While I understand that there are other individuals who aren't on VJ that are waiting for dates but if you do the math and take out the Sundays as well as the public holidays in late December to January it seems almost like a sure thing that we all would be in this upcoming schedule for interviews. I could be wrong in my calculations but just saying with that huge leap from late October to late December it would almost be safe to assume the same for this upcoming batch

I'm just glad that I found VJ and people who are going through the same exact process. People who can relate and give advise from experience . I'm holding strong in my belief that we will get our interview schedule this month latest first week of April. I've also been doing the math and came to around the same time frame for late May early June. When I also checked and read that Jamaica moved up a lot last time regarding interview scheduling that they gave people with October to December 24 C/C interview dates so technically with such a huge jump shouldn't we all be in this upcoming batch. While I understand that there are other individuals who aren't on VJ that are waiting for dates but if you do the math and take out the Sundays as well as the public holidays in late December to January it seems almost like a sure thing that we all would be in this upcoming schedule for interviews. I could be wrong in my calculations but just saying with that huge leap from late October to late December it would almost be safe to assume the same for this upcoming batch

I like your calculations better. Late may early june would be great. I have noticed that it takes most exactly four months between case complete and interview so that should put me by june 4. Praying for earlier though

Timeline

I like your calculations better. Late may early june would be great. I have noticed that it takes most exactly four months between case complete and interview so that should put me by june 4. Praying for earlier though

I pray you get the date you wish for your interview.

Timeline

I agree with your calculations...the only pitfall is those in other visa categories that might push us back. I have done my calculations several times, based on the trend here, and summized the same thing. When I calculated CC date, I was pleasantly surprised...but I watched the trend that was going on and hit the nail on the head.

Timeline

And if I may add....as of late I have been having moments of discouragement but try not to stay in that place long....it's like having a present you can't open...

Timeline

So, based off the spreadsheet for JA Embassy filers...here is my assumption (my sample was extremely small):

63 (+/-2) days from CC to interview scheduled notification

123 (+/- 3) days from CC to interview date

313 days from NOA1 to interview date (approximation based on an interview date tentatively scheduled for 6/7/15).

*these assumptions are based only on most recent CC date of 12/24. This doesn't take into account federal holidays and should have been done with a larger sample (too tired though).

Hope this makes sense and provides some peace of mind.

Timeline

Hi my cases have been completed at the nvc March 12 and I am here waiting for interviews I would like to join the thread

Welcome! And congrats on your recent CC?

Timeline

Hi my cases have been completed at the nvc March 12 and I am here waiting for interviews I would like to join the thread

Welcome!!! A speedy interview for us all.

Timeline

I personally am not going to make any predictions....i leave god to put things in place. I'm jus ere waiting for that good news...whenever it comes...praying it will b soon. Me and my girl MrsBw14 speaking things into being.

I personally am not going to make any predictions....i leave god to put things in place. I'm jus ere waiting for that good news...whenever it comes...praying it will b soon. Me and my girl MrsBw14 speaking things into being.

Yes we are. One more week to hear of we in the next set of interviews

Timeline

So, based off the spreadsheet for JA Embassy filers...here is my assumption (my sample was extremely small):

63 (+/-2) days from CC to interview scheduled notification

123 (+/- 3) days from CC to interview date

313 days from NOA1 to interview date (approximation based on an interview date tentatively scheduled for 6/7/15).

*these assumptions are based only on most recent CC date of 12/24. This doesn't take into account federal holidays and should have been done with a larger sample (too tired though).

Hope this makes sense and provides some peace of mind.

My calculations were almost exactly the same give or take a few days. I also did searches based on the more recent interviews done. It would be nice if we all got our interviews on the same day but I know that is not likely at all seeing some of us are days, weeks apart from C/C. What I do truly hope for is for all of us to have a very smooth interview with approvals and safe flights and smooth POE.

Congratulations on your C/C and welcome to the thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.