Bdr23

passport and GC last name is different.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

so my mom married a USC in the US.

Her phil passport last name was still the same with her married last name in the Phil but her GC last name is her new last name from my stepfather.. so in short, her last name in her passport and GC were different..

She went to Phil embassy to change her last name in her passport into new one but they told her that she cant change her last name in her passport because she is not annulled with my dad in phil (but they are unnulled in US). So the Phil embassy gave her an Affidavit of Identity that the name in the passport and in the GC is the same person..

my question is.. can she travel back here in Phil to get me and my sister without any problem with her passport and GC with the affidavit of identity? :(((

Edited by Bdr23

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from IR1CR1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Yes, she should be able to. She can begin the petition process to bring your sister to the US provided she is under the age of 18, it might be 21, now while she is in the US if you didn't already know this. You mom has a valid passport to enter the Phil. and the GC allows her to return to the USA.

Best of luck!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, she should be able to. She can begin the petition process to bring your sister to the US provided she is under the age of 18, it might be 21, now while she is in the US if you didn't already know this. You mom has a valid passport to enter the Phil. and the GC allows her to return to the USA.

Best of luck!

thank you for your respond.. so the affidavit of identity should be okay for her to be able to travel? :)

yuup! we are already approved. we had our interview last jan. 11 :) she's coming home to fetch us! :))

i hope she can come here with no delays :(((

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

so my mom married a USC in the US.

Her phil passport last name was still the same with her married last name in the Phil but her GC last name is her new last name from my stepfather.. so in short, her last name in her passport and GC were different..

She went to Phil embassy to change her last name in her passport into new one but they told her that she cant change her last name in her passport because she is not annulled with my dad in phil (but they are unnulled in US). So the Phil embassy gave her an Affidavit of Identity that the name in the passport and in the GC is the same person..

my question is.. can she travel back here in Phil to get me and my sister without any problem with her passport and GC with the affidavit of identity? :(((

Yes she can travel without issue. It may not be a bad idea to carry a copy of her marriage certificate as well.

Do remember the airfare must be purchased in the name shown on the passport.

thank you for your respond.. so the affidavit of identity should be okay for her to be able to travel? :)

yuup! we are already approved. we had our interview last jan. 11 :) she's coming home to fetch us! :))

i hope she can come here with no delays :(((

Congrats on your visas!!

Safe travels

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.