kalusha

I-751 February 2016 Filers

1,544 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I contacted Congressman's office last week as I am traveling in almost 2 weeks.

Even though my status online is still "case received", staff from the office told me that it's actually "in production". But there is nothing anyone can do at this point to issue the card quicker, she  said.

Hopefully I will receive the new card before the trip...

2013-01-12 Married!
2013-07-25 I-130 shipped
2013-07-29 NOA1
2014-01-13 Case transferred to CSC
2014-01-21 NOA2
2014-01-31 NVC received
2014-02-10 Case# assigned
2014-02-11 IIN assigned
2014-02-12 DS-261 available & completed
2014-02-14 AOS bill available
2014-02-14 Case transferred to Embassy
2014-02-15 DS-260 available
2014-02-20 DS-260 completed
2014-02-22 Medical
2014-02-25 Interview date email received
2014-03-17 Interview and APPROVED
2014-03-18 CEAC status 'issued' and Passport shipped out
2014-03-19 Passport received
2014-05-08 US entry

2016-02-20 I-751 shipped

2016-02-24 I-751 delivered to VSC

2016-03-01 Check is cashed

2016-03-02 NOA received in mail (NOA date 02-25)

2017-03-22 Approval letter received (Approval date 03-17)

4 hours ago, Andocjourney said:

I think your case is out of normal processing time. You should call and ask about the request inquiry decision (because it said is was completed). Please keep me update, and good luck 🤞

Thank you ! I will keep you posted 

21 hours ago, Reidema said:

Thank you ! I will keep you posted 

Just called and spoke to A Tier officer who asked me to wait because she said they have not made a decision about my case and it's more than likely that's it may go to the local office for a decision because she said all cases go back to local offices with likely an interview or not..not sure what this means ...😞I am left confused 

1 hour ago, Reidema said:

Just called and spoke to A Tier officer who asked me to wait because she said they have not made a decision about my case and it's more than likely that's it may go to the local office for a decision because she said all cases go back to local offices with likely an interview or not..not sure what this means ...😞I am left confused 

I am in the same situation,I spoke several officers,they said totally different things, I'm not sure even they can follow what's happening with your case. I think if your case not ready to approval when the officer review it,they automatically send it to the local office,they have a heavy backlog. But once again that's just my quess,we cannot be sure until they not decide something.

6 hours ago, Fyny76 said:

I am in the same situation,I spoke several officers,they said totally different things, I'm not sure even they can follow what's happening with your case. I think if your case not ready to approval when the officer review it,they automatically send it to the local office,they have a heavy backlog. But once again that's just my quess,we cannot be sure until they not decide something.

Thanks for your input! I am planning on sending out my citizenship paperwork and see if that will help speed up the process a bit.

4 hours ago, shaiz said:

No update on the ROC status. It still says Case is Received. Submitted a request and was asked to wait for a response by April 21st. Although, i am about to go for my N400 finger prints tomorrow

I am in that same boat as you..made 2 request and they said I have to wait 60 days for a response ...so frustrating

2 hours ago, Andocjourney said:

This is so weird, I saw that some March filers have been recieved their cards. Why havent we😔😤

I spoke to a tier officer on Friday who told me that they still have not made a decision my case....not sure what to make of it at all...it has me worried thou😨

13 minutes ago, Reidema said:

I spoke to a tier officer on Friday who told me that they still have not made a decision my case....not sure what to make of it at all...it has me worried thou😨

I know, it is so scary 😞 I called them one time, the lady said some one just viewed my case, I might receive REF or interview letter soon ( i wonder why not a approved letter 😩) . So that is why i dont want to call them anymore, but it is so frustrated. When did you filed? Have u asked for request? Do u recived any REF?

31 minutes ago, Andocjourney said:

I know, it is so scary 😞 I called them one time, the lady said some one just viewed my case, I might receive REF or interview letter soon ( i wonder why not a approved letter 😩) . So that is why i dont want to call them anymore, but it is so frustrated. When did you filed? Have u asked for request? Do u recived any REF?

Hi I filed Febuary 18th 2016 did my biometrics in March 2016....received nothing after that except for my 1 year extension which expired last month.I went in to my local office and got a stamp for another year ...I asked that officer if he knew what was going on with my case and he said they have not viewed my case.Came home and called on the March 9 th and made an inquiry and receive a letter recently saying that my case is under review....still nothing until the 24 th of March received an update that my review was completed. Called them back to ask what that meant and the tier officer said they need 60 more days to make a decision.....I am so frustrated and don't know what to make of it😣😣😣.....no RFE so far neither...

8 minutes ago, Reidema said:

Hi I filed Febuary 18th 2016 did my biometrics in March 2016....received nothing after that except for my 1 year extension which expired last month.I went in to my local office and got a stamp for another year ...I asked that officer if he knew what was going on with my case and he said they have not viewed my case.Came home and called on the March 9 th and made an inquiry and receive a letter recently saying that my case is under review....still nothing until the 24 th of March received an update that my review was completed. Called them back to ask what that meant and the tier officer said they need 60 more days to make a decision.....I am so frustrated and don't know what to make of it😣😣😣.....no RFE so far neither...

Hope they will give u decision in 60days. Its better than....waiting for nothing. Gluck to all of us

On 4/3/2017 at 10:57 PM, Andocjourney said:

Hope they will give u decision in 60days. Its better than....waiting for nothing. Gluck to all of us

Once I receive anything I will post so it can help all of us understand what is going on with immigration 

I got my approval letter in the mail yesterday (4/5). The letter says the decision was made 3/24 and that my green card will be mailed to me within 60 days. Could someone update the list for me? Not sure how to do it. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.