Dal&Rose

February 2016 I-130 filers

1,293 posts in this topic

Pleaseeeee ?? this wait is killing me!!!

I totally understand. It was terrible for me. I cried and cried. And then I began to think we would never be approved. On the day we were approved I was alone in the house and I just wanted to tell everyone. I was crying tears of joy. I printed copies of the USCIS page that said my case was approved and put them up around the house. Then I went outside to find someone to tell. There was no one there. So I called everyone I could think of. It was such a wonderful feeling.

You will experience it soon.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

so i got my invoice number to pay nvc unfortunately we have to have our taxes amened or wait till january sigh cant get a co sponser this really sucks any advive does it cost alot to have your tax amended?? having a dependent??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thanks for your support this is not easy, but I'm stay positive. Trying to relax and forget about this a little bit. Now I'm in my country in Colombia having a nice vacations with my parents. But I miss my husband so much and I can't wait to experience that feeling of being approved!!!

I totally understand. It was terrible for me. I cried and cried. And then I began to think we would never be approved. On the day we were approved I was alone in the house and I just wanted to tell everyone. I was crying tears of joy. I printed copies of the USCIS page that said my case was approved and put them up around the house. Then I went outside to find someone to tell. There was no one there. So I called everyone I could think of. It was such a wonderful feeling.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got my NOA 2 in the mail.

USCIS

February 1, 2016 - Mailed I-130

February 2, 2016 - I-130 Delivered

February 4, 2016 - NOA1 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 17, 2016 - NOA2 hard copy in the mail

June 23, 2016 - USCIS website says Case sent to NVC

NVC

June 28, 2016 - Case received at the NVC (confirmed over phone)

July 11, 2016 - Case # and Invoice ID # received over phone

July 11, 2016 - DS-261 submitted

July 13, 2016 - Welcome Letter Received; DS-261 reviewed over phone

July 13, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced and payment in process

July 18, 2016 - AOS and IV package mailed (FedEx next day)

July 20, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced and payment in process

July 29, 2016 - IV Fees show as PAID; DS-260 unlocked

July 18, 2016 - Scan Date

July 29, 2016 - DS-260 Submitted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Got DS-260 filed today (AOS and payments already sent). How long should I wait before calling to check on case status? What is the number to call?

Thanks in advance!

2/12/16 - NOA1 I-130 Nebraska Service Center

6/20/16 - NOA2 I-130 Approved

7/05/16 - Case was sent to The Department of State

7/25/16 - Received case #

7/26/16 - Received bills

7/28/16 - Paid bills

8/02/16 - DS-260 complete

8/04/16 - Scan Date

8/30/16 - NVC "Case Complete"

9/28/16 - Received interview date - 11/7/16

10/12/16 - Medical exam

10/17/16 - Received medical exam results

11/7/16 - Interview scheduled

Got DS-260 filed today (AOS and payments already sent). How long should I wait before calling to check on case status? What is the number to call?

Thanks in advance!

Have you sent the IV and AOS packages? If so, have they been delivered? If they have, you will be waiting around 30-35 days for case complete.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

JFH -

Yes, everything is sent. AOS yesterday and IV today. I know the wait-time is 2-4 weeks but I've heard that you should start calling frequently to "expedite" the CC. So, just wondering if this is so and how long before I start the serial calling campaign.

7/26/16 - Received bills

7/28/16 - Paid bills

8/04/16 - Scan Date

10/12/16 - Medical exam

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys please help me.

I miss my wife too much and I have a valid visa so I can travel to her now .my question is if I travel to usa can I continue my paperwork from there ?

By the way I was apply for i130 before 6 month and still waiting. So if I travel to live with her what can I do in my case?

Hi guys please help me.

I miss my wife too much and I have a valid visa so I can travel to her now .my question is if I travel to usa can I continue my paperwork from there ?

By the way I was apply for i130 before 6 month and still waiting. So if I travel to live with her what can I do in my case?

You can't, I'm afraid. It is illegal to enter with a non-immigrant visa with the intention of staying. By all means you can visit but you cannot live there until the visa is issued.

We understand. We all miss our spouses terribly. What is your NOA1 date? You must be close to approval now?

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You were right what a wonderful feeling!!!!

I want to tell you guys that is important to stay positive always!!! I called to many times to USCIS asking them about my case! Asking why is taking more than 5 months, I think USCIS already know who am I (the crazy girl) HEHHEHE !! At the end every effort, every tear, every night that I didn't sleep is paying now....

We are like family here sharing the same feelings (being far of our spouses) but at the end everything will worth it!!!

Good luck!!!!

Timeline

Hi guys! Just want to said thank you for the support! Today I was approved! I'm so happy!

Congratulations!! On to the next step :)

7/26/16 - Received bills

7/28/16 - Paid bills

8/04/16 - Scan Date

10/12/16 - Medical exam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.