5 posts in this topic

So the receipt numbers (MSC ##.....) on the backs of our cashed cheques and on the NOAs that we got today are different. The last two digits on each (we filed for EAD and AOS) are off. Now - neither are we able to access the cases online yet - assumably they have not been updated.

Do you think the different case numbers are something to worry about? I'm thinking a call may be in order. Whaddya think?

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I have the same situation.

02/26/07 - Sent I-130/485/765 package to Chicago Lockbox

03/09/07 - NOA1

03/12/07 - NOA2: Biometrics appointment 03/22/07

03/17/07 - Email: REF

03/22/07 - Letter: REF for I-693/693A

03/31/07 - Case resumed

04/14/07 - Letter: AOS interview on May 23

So the receipt numbers (MSC ##.....) on the backs of our cashed cheques and on the NOAs that we got today are different. The last two digits on each (we filed for EAD and AOS) are off. Now - neither are we able to access the cases online yet - assumably they have not been updated.

Do you think the different case numbers are something to worry about? I'm thinking a call may be in order. Whaddya think?

Mo

They treat the EAD and the AOS as two seperate cases because the EAD gets done first. I wondered the same thing but you will notice on the sheets the case types are different or should be.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

They treat the EAD and the AOS as two seperate cases because the EAD gets done first. I wondered the same thing but you will notice on the sheets the case types are different or should be.

No - I meant I had recieved two different EAD numbers and two different AOS numbers :).

Yes, the numbers on the checks are usually a few numbers different from your actual NOA reciept numbers, this is perfectly normal.

Thanks a lot - now I can stop stressing unnecessarily.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.