martinez30

For those who have mailed RFE's

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

We mailed an RFE to the Missouri Service Center and it arrived a week ago today. I was hoping to see that our case had been updated online, but, so far, nothing....for those who have sent in RFE's, did they send you an email or letter letting you know that they had received it?

I sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation (not express mail), for which I am kicking myself because tthe only informatio the post office gives me is that it was delivered to city, state, zip, not the whole address. I'm sure it must be there and I am just being paranooid, but, I want to hear something to know that they received it....I feel like it's out there in limbo..... :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got email about the rfe 1/5 and received the letter 1/12. I sent the rfe back to them 1/18 and received an email notification that it had been received 1/23.

married USC 11/25/06 H1B originally

12/19/06 NOA dates

bio 1/19/07 Charlotte, NC ) (DO Fairfax,VA aka Washington DC)

rfe 1/12/07

rfe received 1/23/07processing resumed

LUD 485 1/24, 1/29

LUD 130 1/10, 6/30

LUD 765 1/29, 2/23, 2/27, 3/9

2/28 EAD approved, got in mail 3/4

still waiting for interview notice!

EAD renewal sent 11/19/07 NOA 11/28/07 bio appt 12/19/07

353 days since I filed! finally got IL 12/4

interview scheduled 1/9/08

recv'd EAD renewal 12/31/08

recv'd welcome letter 2/9/08

recv'd GC 2/12/08

petition to remove conditions I751 filed Nov 5 / 09

received NOA and extension of conditional card for 1 year Nov 11/09

biometrics appt Dec 11/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

same here..im waiting too. we sent our RFE back on the 2nd of march and they received it on the 3rd (i had a tracking number which i entered on the USPS.com webpage). im still waiting on an update on the USCIS.gov webpage to let me know they really received it

anybody knows the phone # for MSC so we can call them up and see whats going on?

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

same here..im waiting too. we sent our RFE back on the 2nd of march and they received it on the 3rd (i had a tracking number which i entered on the USPS.com webpage). im still waiting on an update on the USCIS.gov webpage to let me know they really received it

anybody knows the phone # for MSC so we can call them up and see whats going on?

Yes, a number, an email, a FAX, anything would be great just to check......

Looks like a few of us are waiting then, cos Im in the same boat!. I mailed my RFE back 27th feb and I still have not heard anything to say they have recieved it, just the post office tracking number that it was delivered.

At the same time I had to send off the forms to let them know I had changed address. I have had a reply to those already so I know that is ok.

Hopefully we will all hear something soon so we can stop worrying. :)

carmel x

I got email about the rfe 1/5 and received the letter 1/12. I sent the rfe back to them 1/18 and received an email notification that it had been received 1/23.

cpinkley,

Thanks for answering. But, this makes me more nervous, you got a response pretty quick. I sent a cover letter with mine and now I'm thinking I should have just put the yellow letter (RFE) in front. Also, I think I forgot to clip the whole thing together. I just wanted to get it in and had gone to Fedex and then realized that they do not deliver to P.O. boxes, so I went to the post office. I know these things I'm worrying about probably don't make a difference, but, the fact that I haven't heard anything makes me keep thinking and worrying.

Looks like a few of us are waiting then, cos Im in the same boat!. I mailed my RFE back 27th feb and I still have not heard anything to say they have recieved it, just the post office tracking number that it was delivered.

At the same time I had to send off the forms to let them know I had changed address. I have had a reply to those already so I know that is ok.

Yes! But, it is comforting to know that we are not the only ones and maybe this "normal". :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yes! But, it is comforting to know that we are not the only ones and maybe this "normal". :luv:

In my case we sent a RFE's and never received an email or anything to confirm that they received it. I called several times to the 800 and no one knows. After 2 months we received our interview date and we are approved. Sometimes they updated and others don't. Good luck to you all!

MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

P.O.BOX 648005

LEE'S SUMMIT

MISSOURI 64064

USA

Date I-129F Sent : 2006-09-28

Date I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-27

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 2006-12-12

Date K1 Visa Received :2006-12-18

Date of US Entry : 2006-12-23

Date of Wedding : 2007-01-21

Comments : For Casa, packet 3 and 4 come together, with an interview date already scheduled.

AOS Filing date : 2007-02-02

NOA date for I-485 : 2007-02-07

I-485 RFE Dates : 2007-02-16

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2007-02-28

AOS Comments: Strange - we received RFE, then a few days later got email that the response had been received and the case was resumed even though we haven't sent anything yet.

I-485 Sent to CSC 2007-03-12

RFE for Medical Examination mailed 05-31-2007

medical examination sent 06-27-2007

Case resumed on 07-13-2007

email "card production ordered" 07-18-2007

email “notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident” 07-19-2007

email “approval notice sent” and welcome letter received 07-23-2007

Green card received 07-26-2007

EAD Filed Date: 2007-02-02

EAD NOA Date : 2007-02-07

EAD Biometrics Appointment Date : 2007-02-28

EAD received 04-16-07

Timeline

any news guys????

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

we're holding on to you

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

Timeline

I gor an update today!!! it says that they received my RFE on the 8th of march....

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

we're holding on to you

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I have to mail a response to an RFE and I just wanted to clarify a couple of points.

Whats the best way to send it? USPS priority mail? First class with delivery confirmation? I want to know that its got there but I am always wary about sending something that requires a signature in case they dont have anyone there to sign for it and it gets bounced back to me!

It doesnt explicitly state what address it needs to go to - it just has a small box with their mailing address in the bottom right hand corner (somewhere in Califonria, presumably because my case got transferred). Is this where I send it to?

Also, I saw on the package assembly guide that it says to use the envelope provided for RFE's. I didnt get a special envelope. Will this be a problem?

Thanks,

Matt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.