RK1031

no alien # anywhere on visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I saw on other peoples queries that on the visa they have numbers with an A in front of them,

my visa just has the control number in black and the non-immigrant number in red, there is no number with a letter A infront of it anywhere, not on the I94, or on any form from the USCIS for the fiance petition my fiance received

do we just put not known or can we call the immigration office or something to find out?

help!

Edited by RK1031

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Look on your Notice of Action (NOA) for your visa... the fancy looking paper that told you that you were approved. The A number should be on the top right hand side somewhere. Hope that helps.

Angie & Jaap.. Ohio, US/Netherlands K-1

03/17/05 Jaap started his new job!

06/28/05 AOS Interview Date!

06/29/05 Notification that case is APPROVED! Green card arrived less than two weeks after our interview

My baby is finally here with me forever and ever and ever![/color][/b]

Filed: Timeline

RK,

The NSC typically does put the A# on the Approval Notice for a petition. They did on mine, above the benficiary's name (or maybe it was below the benficiary's name).

If you really can't find it anywhere, 'unknown' will do nicely - it is accurate.

Yodrak

I saw on other peoples queries that on the visa they have numbers with an A in front of them,

my visa just has the control number in black and the non-immigrant number in red, there is no number with a letter A infront of it anywhere, not on the I94, or on any form from the USCIS for the fiance petition my fiance received

do we just put not known or can we call the immigration office or something to find out?

help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

thanks for everybody for your help,

i ended up calling immigration because it seems that only some people get a numbers on their i-94 or possibly on other forms.

what they told me was that a k-1 does not get an a# because they are not an intending immigrant until they get married and on the forms they said to just put "NONE"

i will be issued an A# when the application is being processed, so thats something that might be of interest to some other.

thanks again for all the help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope it will work fine with u not to put ur A number. Because before when I called USCIS and asked same question the gurl told me that if I couldnt find my A number n my I-94 or on my passport all I have to do is to check my NOA because it wass printed there and she even told me that you should put an A number or ur application will be returned...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.