i'm blessed

IR-5 petition for Alien relative (petitioning my mother)

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi I just have a question pls. so my AOS is showing paid already. WHat should be the next step? file for the affidavit of support? or wait for the IV to be paid?

Thank you

Hi mhaze,

What I could suggest is to fill out the i864 affidavit of support and start collecting all the documents that you needed while waiting for IV fee to be available. Also you have to send those documents in one envelop but separate them using clips.

Thanks for opening up this page. Even though i have paid the aos fee my affidavit of support still says N/A. Which i cant feel it out. my iv still says processing. is anyone going thru this. or can someone help. thank you

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

can someone please explain the difference between i 864 and i 864a? when do we use it?

hi

i864 is for the sponsor/petitioner, and the i864A is for the his or her household member

if the petitioner doesn't make enough, the household member can combine income in order to complete the poverty guidelines

why do you ask?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

i864 is for the sponsor/petitioner, and the i864A is for the his or her household member

if the petitioner doesn't make enough, the household member can combine income in order to complete the poverty guidelines

why do you ask?

im filing the affidavit of support for my mom now and just want to make sure that i am filing the right one. since me and my husband filed jointly last yr does he still need to file i 864a even though i made above the poverty guideline?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

im filing the affidavit of support for my mom now and just want to make sure that i am filing the right one. since me and my husband filed jointly last yr does he still need to file i 864a even though i made above the poverty guideline?

hi

probably not, but some consulates because you file jointly, even if you make more than enough for a household of 3, want the spouse to file the i84A

you should have it prepared for the interview in case the officer requests it

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello, so i followed your instructions in sending out originals and photocopies for all the documents. Hence, i have a question during the interview do we still need to have them bring the original documents?

thank you

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello, so i followed your instructions in sending out originals and photocopies for all the documents. Hence, i have a question during the interview do we still need to have them bring the original documents?

thank you

Yes, you need the original. The CO will ask for the original documents not photo copy. God bless to your interview ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.