Jamestexas

i got a call from the embassy (moved my interview)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

hi every one ,,, 10 days ago i got a call from the embassy and they moved my interviw on 12 march 2007 which is after 2 days ,,,, but i couldn't get all the paper ready i got the medical exam. but i didn't get the tax retuerns and the police certifcate ,,,,,, my Question is ..... what should i do ? go to the interview and explan that i will get the tax returns in 5 days ? or reschedule the interview ????? the embassy should gives me more time 10 days no enough to get the papers ready am i right >>??????

wish you all good luck

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Oh wow.

Well it's possible to postpone your interview, but it might mean an even longer wait than you originally faced.

Alternatively, you could go ahead and go to the interview, explaining that you didn't have enough time to get the police certificate, etc. because of the short notice. They will issue you a 221g for the missing documents. Then you just send them in as soon as you can get them, and if everything else is fine, they will finish the processing and issue the visa. This might be a better way to handle it.

I am sure someone else with specific experience with Amman will be along shortly to offer some more advice.

Best of luck ! Insha'allah you are almost finished.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Did you try contacting the embassy? Maybe they'll say, sure, we'll take you in a week. Or maybe they'll say, you'll have to wait 2 months. That would probably help you make your decision.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
hi every one ,,, 10 days ago i got a call from the embassy and they moved my interviw on 12 march 2007 which is after 2 days ,,,, but i couldn't get all the paper ready i got the medical exam. but i didn't get the tax retuerns and the police certifcate ,,,,,, my Question is ..... what should i do ? go to the interview and explan that i will get the tax returns in 5 days ? or reschedule the interview ????? the embassy should gives me more time 10 days no enough to get the papers ready am i right >>??????

wish you all good luck

Ameel,

that is great they moved your interview up - with Amman things goooo slow so please try to go to interview. Have your wife/scan and email or fax the tax returns and financial information to you. The police certificate you can get it same day. I know things are closed on friday in Jordan but try to get it tomorrow or sunday. Worst case they will give you a 221G to bring these items back, but at least you won't have to wait for a later interview!

congrats again and good luck!

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Well I feel your pain of them moving it up very close. My husband got a call this Monday for his interview to be in two weeks. SO we got 14 days. I sent him all the forms and pray that they won't get caught up in customs. We have everything I believe so I will pray for you and please post or send me an im cos I will be praying for you.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If it was me, I would go ahead and go to the interview. My husband had to wait 3 months for his interview in Amman. They tend to be very busy so I would do my best to get done what I could. Scan the tax papers and email them to you. If you don't have a printer, go to an internet cafe and print them off. The police certificate can be done in a day or two at the most. If you cant get it done, go ahead and go to the interview. You have the medical done already. They will give you the 221g for more information required. You will have to get that information and return it to them as soon as you get it. They will then look over the documents and if all is correct issue the visa. We were put on A/R in Amman for more documents needed (proof of my name changed to his name). Our visa was issued very shortly after the interview once the required papers was revceived. II would just explain during the interview that you just didnt have time to get it all accomplished. They were very nice to my husband. I would not reschedule as it will be a long wait. Good Luck! Moe and Lisa

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

(wife of mohmoud , kerewin21 , lion lioness ,a1anqied , moe lisa ) thanks for your support .... i am not gonna reschedule the interview ,,,,, i tried to get the police certificate but they closed on Saturday here .... so I'll try to go tomorrow ,,,,,,my wife is working on the taxes and she is gonna send me a copy via e-mail ,,,,, i just hope i get all the papers ready tomorrow ,,,,,, I'll let you know .................. thanks again ,,,, you guys the best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Ameel,

Congratulations on your interview! My husband's interview is scheduled for April 18th in Amman. What is the 220g you mentioned today? I am happy your interview went well. Can you tell me what questions they asked at your interview? But, please tell me, what is the 220g? My email address is: irene.rahaymeh@marrinc.com

Thanks

Irene and Tawfiq Rahaymeh

wish you all good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.