7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi everybody!
please I have some questions to ask.

I'm a Nigeria and US citizen. I filed a green card petition for my mum and immigration sent me Request For Evidence (RFE) asking me to submit documents like religious document, early school records, medical records and census records that establishes that my mum is indeed my mum. The only document that I have aside my personal attestation from national population commission is baptismal certificate which doesn't carry neither my father's name nor my mum's name on it.Other than these, the only evidence i have are pictures that i took with my mum when i was doing my wedding. Meanwhile, i have my mum's attestation from National population with me though i haven't submitted that yet.what do they imply by "submitting evidence of non-existence? and please how do i go about getting it? must it be from the court or a letter from me will be okay telling them there are no evidence other than pictures? Anybody in the same boat with me? Please I need help fast.

Isaac, Kansas state, originally from lagos Nigeria

Filed: Other Timeline

Similar situation happened with another person a know.

He submitted as many pictures he could find. Especially his pictures with his mother, father, and other relatives.

Additionally, he got letters of relationship or you can call them Affidavit on relationship.

These letters can be from your Aunt, Uncles, neighbors, and community leaders holding offices in the government.

For example, this letters will say:

I testify under the oath that I know so and so and his mother for --- years. I testify that Isaac is the son of Sarah (resident of so and so city).

Isaac is my nephew and witnessed his birth, going to school, etc, etc,....

Sincerely SoSo,

City counselor....

I hope it helps.

your mum should go to a federal high court in nigeria and do an afflidavit of declaration stating that she is ur mum and she is married to your father and al that, if there are family pictures, they are also very helpful. you dad can also do the same saying he is ur father and ur mum is his wife and they both had u and nutured you all these years... just stuff along those lines..

Timeline

Thanks everybody for your swift response! I got some pictures and affidavits from relatives. Last question, what does USCIS mean by asking me to submit evidence of non-existence, where do i get this from and what is it?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks everybody for your swift response! I got some pictures and affidavits from relatives. Last question, what does USCIS mean by asking me to submit evidence of non-existence, where do i get this from and what is it?

Thanks

This might help explain to you what it is.

http://www.***removed***/birth-certificate/birth-certificate-secondary-evidence.html

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Thanks to everybody who gave some wonderful advice on my RFE about my mum. I sent everything at my disposal to USCIS including a cover letter explaining reasons why I couldn't produce certain documents.They asked for 2 affidavits and I gave them 3. Luckily I had two pictures that showed my dad myself and my mum together. Also, I included the pictures of those that sworn affidavits. I sent it to them by January 27th, 2016 and it was received on January 29th, 2016. Lo and behold, my case was approved after 7 working days. i.e on the 9th of february, 2016. I used to think RFE will takes a long time before they could attend to it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.