tyler007

Manila Interview schedule K-1 Fiancee HELP!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok things are moving very fast.

She got the visa fee paid $265 at BPI.

I now have the receipt numbers and am able to schedule the interview already as soon as NEXT week.

However we don't have her medical done yet and no word that Embassy received the file from NVC.

So anyway when I went to check available interview dates it only has for January.

There is nothing showing for next month or the following months.

Is this normal?

Does the US Embassy in Manila only allow scheduling one month at a time?

We want a February interview but nothing showing as an option yet for that month, again only January.

The other issue is that it is my understanding from what I have read here that she can't schedule her St. Luke's Medical until AFTER we have appointment letter for Interview is this true?

Seems like we are stuck in a hole. Can't get medical done until we get interview date scheduled. Can't schedule interview for Feb because not yet available on-line.

Thanks to all who can help.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I now have the receipt numbers and am able to schedule the interview already as soon as NEXT week.

However we don't have her medical done yet and no word that Embassy received the file from NVC.

So anyway when I went to check available interview dates it only has for January.

Is this normal?

We want a February interview but nothing showing as an option yet for that month, again only January.

The other issue is that it is my understanding from what I have read here that she can't schedule her St. Luke's Medical until AFTER we have appointment letter for Interview is this true?

Seems like we are stuck in a hole. Can't get medical done until we get interview date scheduled. Can't schedule interview for Feb because not yet available on-line.

They won't open up February until January starts to fill up, usually by the middle of the month, so if you want a February date wait a week or so.

You can complete the medical without scheduling the interview. Did you get the NVC letter/email with the MNL# on it? If yes, then email a copy of that to your fiancee, that will make SLEC happy. If you don't have the NVC letter SLEC has been known to accept a copy of the CEAC page with your MNL # on it, print a few copies of that.

If you have all the documents, you only need to complete the medical, at least, 5-7 days before the interview. You could be done by then end of January if you wanted.

If you schedule the interview roughly a month from when you received your MNL# you should be just fine. I never checked CEAC status for the interview, I scheduled it about a month after I got the MNL # and my wife complete the medical about 10 days before the interview.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Is this normal?

Hi,

Based from my experience when we tried setting our appointment online there was no open slot for December 2015 yet and the only option was to choose from any dates available for Nov 2015 and since we havent done our medical yet at that time we wanted to choose a Date in Dec so I called USEM and asked them if I can proceed with our medical first before scheduling our interview and I was told we have to set the appointment for interview first before the medical and she actually set our interview on Dec over the phone. So my suggestion to you is try calling USEM and let them know you want to set the interview date on Feb instead.

Best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

did you actually talk with USEM or the CGI/Stanley/ustraveldocs hotline ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi,

Based from my experience when we tried setting our appointment online there was no open slot for December 2015 yet and the only option was to choose from any dates available for Nov 2015 and since we havent done our medical yet at that time we wanted to choose a Date in Dec so I called USEM and asked them if I can proceed with our medical first before scheduling our interview and I was told we have to set the appointment for interview first before the medical and she actually set our interview on Dec over the phone. So my suggestion to you is try calling USEM and let them know you want to set the interview date on Feb instead.

Best of luck!

Yes it is best to have an interview date before completing the medical, but NO it is not necessary to have the interview date, many have completed their medical without an interview date.

Interesting that they gave you a December interview date over the phone, normally they don't accept interview opening any different than can be seen online. Good to know.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

They won't open up February until January starts to fill up, usually by the middle of the month, so if you want a February date wait a week or so.

You can complete the medical without scheduling the interview. Did you get the NVC letter/email with the MNL# on it? If yes, then email a copy of that to your fiancee, that will make SLEC happy. If you don't have the NVC letter SLEC has been known to accept a copy of the CEAC page with your MNL # on it, print a few copies of that.

If you have all the documents, you only need to complete the medical, at least, 5-7 days before the interview. You could be done by then end of January if you wanted.

If you schedule the interview roughly a month from when you received your MNL# you should be just fine. I never checked CEAC status for the interview, I scheduled it about a month after I got the MNL # and my wife complete the medical about 10 days before the interview.

Thanks for the info Hank!

Ok I'll check next week for February interview dates.

For now they will go to St. Lukes on Monday to get that taken care of , 3 day process with the minor child I guess. They have already Pre-registered and I have sent the Fees to her.

Timeline

Hi,

Best of luck!

Hi, I had read that phone interview dates would only be what is on the calendar.

My question then is did they send you and EMAIL confirmation so they had PROOF to bring to the interview that day?

I can see it especially in the Philippines.

"sorryyyyyyy Misssssssss, we have no record of interview for you and you have no proof" come back in 3 months....LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm pretty sure that once the phone call was completed,

the interview appointment 'thing' was emailed off to the beneficiary, back to the email address the beneficiary set up in ustraveldocs.com/ph

I'd bet 11 cases of beer on it, anyway :D

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi, I had read that phone interview dates would only be what is on the calendar.

My question then is did they send you and EMAIL confirmation so they had PROOF to bring to the interview that day?

I can see it especially in the Philippines.

"sorryyyyyyy Misssssssss, we have no record of interview for you and you have no proof" come back in 3 months....LOL

Yes they did send me the confirmation on my email. I made the call Nov 10, 2015 and explained that I wanted a Dec 9 schedule but its not showing online and the lady did it for me instead. I received all 6 confirmation for mine and 5 kids 10 minutes after that conversation. Like I said, I was just sharing my experience, after all it wouldnt hurt to try :) Goodluck!

Timeline

Yes it is best to have an interview date before completing the medical, but NO it is not necessary to have the interview date, many have completed their medical without an interview date.

Interesting that they gave you a December interview date over the phone, normally they don't accept interview opening any different than can be seen online. Good to know.

What I had shared is purely based on my experience, we initially wanted to do the medical first to avoid the risk of rescheduling if in case something went wrong with our medical that may cause delay and of course we also wanted to be certain before we pay anything thinking that if we messed up we might end up paying again for mine and 5 kids and that's a huge amount of money. So 'cause im worried I made the call Nov 10, 2015 and asked the lady if we can do our medical first but since she said no that's when I asked her if we can have a Dec schedule but its not showing yet online so she asked me what date in Dec so I chose Dec 9 and it was done. Other experience may be diffrent than ours :)

Timeline

• VISA INFORMATION AND APPOINTMENT SERVICE

Philippines: (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502, Monday-Friday, 8:00a.m.-8:00p.m. (Except on Philippine and US Holidays).

US: (703) 520-2235, during 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

Callers are able to speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.