Mohsin.M

B2 Visa for Derivative Beneficiaries.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

47 Years Old Businessman currently living and working in Uganda since early 2012. Wife and 3 Kids are back in home country. Have a pending F4 petition since June 2007 filed by one of my sisters. Have visited multiple times to US and presently hold a valid B1/B2 visa.

Now i intend to take my spouse and kids to visit my mother, who is a US Citizen and is unable to travel due to age related ailments. My question is as under:

i) My wife does not work and is a homemaker, however she has a healthy bank account with regular transactions originating from funds transferred by me from my business income to her account. I need opinion to answer a question in form DS160 "WHO IS PAYING FOR YOUR TRIP". Would it be better to answer SELF and produce her own bank statement showing transactions and balance or would it be better to answer as MY HUSBAND and produce my business documents and bank statements from Uganda. We will be applying for her visa in Islamabad. During their visit to US, they would be staying with my siblings who all are US citizens and have their own houses.

ii) Being derivative beneficiary of a pending F4 petition, what are their chances of getting a B2 visa.

Thanking for feedback in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Chances of getting a visa if she does not apply is zero.

Chance of getting a visa if she does apply something more than the above.

Not much to apply so why are you asking?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

I agree with HFM181818.

"Self" or "Spouse" won't make a big difference, since technically, your money is also your wife's money.

Her chances to get a B-2 are on the brighter side. I would include affidavits from your siblings explaining what the "program" will be while your wife will be in the U.S. temporarily, specifying dates and until when she will be staying with them.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

(i) 'self' or 'spouse' - not a big deal

(ii) since the PD won't be current for several years, and if you have a good travel history, chances are quite good.

Thank you very much for your feedback

Chances of getting a visa if she does not apply is zero.

Chance of getting a visa if she does apply something more than the above.

Not much to apply so why are you asking?

Thanks for your feedback

I agree with HFM181818.

"Self" or "Spouse" won't make a big difference, since technically, your money is also your wife's money.

Her chances to get a B-2 are on the brighter side. I would include affidavits from your siblings explaining what the "program" will be while your wife will be in the U.S. temporarily, specifying dates and until when she will be staying with them.

Thank you very much for your suggestion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.