bob+senga

K2 Visa Vaccinations required

5 posts in this topic

HI can anyone help me with the Meningococcal MCV4 requirement for London Medical- My daughter will require this, as she is now 11 years old Im trying to make sure she has all vaccinations before Medical is redone( we did last year but had to put application on hold ). As we dont vaccinate against this until our children are 15/16 years old and we use the Men ACWY vaccine, I'm left confused as to how to proceed, Has anyone had to get their child this vaccination and which one did they get and where. My travel clinic in Glasgow says its £70 for the MenACWY and knightsbridge say meningococcal MCV £30 - are they the same. I just want to be prepared and do all vaccinations in UK.

The Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians states:

Meningococcal conjugate vaccine, specifically tetravalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4), should be given to persons 11 through 18 years of age. Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV) or other forms of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (e.g., monovalent MCV) is not an acceptable alternative for this age group.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html

Scroll down to Significant Changes in the Vaccination Requirements

It seems that MenACWY is the tetravalent (four components).

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

thanks for that i never saw the part about the specifics when i was looking . It does look like the one i can get at my travel clinic will cover her. I am surprised though that the one listed at Knightsbridge doctors is of the mono type ( them being the medical doctors for the Embassy). I shall look into getting her booked in there for the vaccination. many thanks for your help again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Is it even available in the UK? My daughter didn't have it there and it wasn't an issue at the medical. I was willing to have any required shots administered there if necessary, but it wasn't. However, with a school aged child, bear in mind that there are two types of vaccinations needed. These are the immigration ones. Once you get here, your county/state may require more before registering them in school. If you can get the right one at a travel clinic, I'd personally just do it. The Health Center here was quite an experience .... :rofl:

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Hi Lee, Thanks for the advice. Its interesting to hear that your daughter didnt have to get the MCV4 vaccinations at London Medical. Especially as your daughter is older than mine by 2/3 years by the sound of it. I just thought she would require it for AOS, as it was left as not age appropriate last year when we had initial medicals as she was only 10 then. I will look into her proposed school in Ohio and see if its required there. Im very much in the opinion in that if she requires it at medical then Im happy for her to get, but as Nich-NIck pointed out the CDC state is must be the 4 variant and London appears to use only the mono style.Thanks for your advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.