chelben

interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

do i go with him or does it matter

there isn't any info about the barbados US Embassy on this site so i am at a loss

guess we are the guinea pigs..trying to decide if i should go ...if i do ..gotta tell the boss soon...and ticket prices are sky high b/c of world up cricket goin on in april......hmmmm

any suggestions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
do i go with him or does it matter

there isn't any info about the barbados US Embassy on this site so i am at a loss

guess we are the guinea pigs..trying to decide if i should go ...if i do ..gotta tell the boss soon...and ticket prices are sky high b/c of world up cricket goin on in april......hmmmm

any suggestions

Most people who've already gone through the interview process highly recommend for the USC to be at the embassy the day of the interview. It says a lot about the relationship if the CO sees that you took time off from work and paid another ticket to be supportive. :thumbs:

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline

Mononoke,

One thing it might say is that you were paid enough and it was part of the agreement for you to show up at the interview. This issue, like many issues, can look different depending on all of the other facts of the case and how they all fit together.

And many supportive USC spouses and fiance(e)s have found out later that the foreign partner had a different idea about the reason for the relationship than they did. It's the foreign partner's purpose that the consular officer is primarily interested in.

Yodrak

...... It says a lot about the relationship if the CO sees that you took time off from work and paid another ticket to be supportive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh man, I don't think I can afford a $2000 plane ticket to be at the interview and then another 1200$ for a one way ticket for my fiance to come to the US.

Will that look bad if I'm not there. Plus I think my fiance will get an interview sometime when i'm finishing up my summer courses and finals..

I would like to be there, it'd make my fiance less scared about that whole process, but I don't think I can afford that, i'm really not sure though..

My timeline:

02 - 09 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

02 - 13 - 2007 - NOA1 Received

02 - 21 - 2007 - Touched!

03 - 01 - 2007 - NOA2 Received

03 - 02 - 2007 - Touched Again!

03 - 06 - 2007 - NVC Received

03 - 07 - 2007 - Was told by email I-129F will be forwarded to Sydney

03 - 08 - 2007 - I-129F picked up by DHL and on it's way to Sydney!!

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 19 - 2007 - Packet Three is sent off!

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 21 - 2007 - Corey gets Pkt 3 via Registered Mail

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have you tried www.farecompare.com? My interview is in April in Jamaica and I can get a ticket for 405 dollars. They are also having cricket. The hotels have doubled which stinks.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh man, I don't think I can afford a $2000 plane ticket to be at the interview and then another 1200$ for a one way ticket for my fiance to come to the US.

Will that look bad if I'm not there. Plus I think my fiance will get an interview sometime when i'm finishing up my summer courses and finals..

I would like to be there, it'd make my fiance less scared about that whole process, but I don't think I can afford that, i'm really not sure though..en

People who have SO in far away countries usually don't attend and are alright. Make a binder full of the documents they will need and mail them to your SO. Make sure to label all the parts and you will be fine.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I haven't tried them, but all australian plane tickets are going to cost at least 1200 one way for him to come to the US or around 2000$ roundtrip for me to get to him..

Australia is just really expensive to fly to.

I know when we went to the Bahamas right after New Years, which is sorta like Jamaica, we got that flight for only $150 round trip for each of us.

My timeline:

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

Timeline

I would like to be there, it'd make my fiance less scared about that whole process, but I don't think I can afford that, i'm really not sure though..en

People who have SO in far away countries usually don't attend and are alright. Make a binder full of the documents they will need and mail them to your SO. Make sure to label all the parts and you will be fine.

it sucks ..i can't even get off of work now..cause i will be at a site doing some well installation... i sent him a detailed and well organized binder with all my financial info the I34 etc, all our emails, photos of me and him..me and his family et etc...the lady that processes the visas in Barbados has replied to my emails so she knows i am really involved in this case..should i send her a letter explaining that due to a schedule conflict at work i will be unable to attend the interview..even though its not stated anywhere that i have to attend. I think my bf i pretty competent and can handle himself. he says its best for me to stay and save the $$ cause we are gonna need it when he comes.

Edited by chelben

Timeline
Have you tried www.farecompare.com? My interview is in April in Jamaica and I can get a ticket for 405 dollars. They are also having cricket. The hotels have doubled which stinks.

its 575 .....hmmm i am gonna talk to him after his medical and see what he thinks

at least i don't have to worry bout hotels..most of my family is there :blush:

Edited by chelben

Timeline

I wish my round trip ticket was only 500 something dollars. :( Right now when I check for like Juneish for flying from: ORF ===> MEL is $2000.

Edited by serendipitous

My timeline:

Timeline
I wish my round trip ticket was only 500 something dollars. :( Right now when I check for like Juneish for flying from: ORF ===> MEL is $2000.

lol...that 575..will be a big hit to my savings..since i just started back work due to me recovering from surgery on my hand :)..lol when its not on thing its another..right now i am link wid all my ppls who work at AA or air jamaica to see if they can hook me up with a buddy pass..bout 200 bucks :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Chelben,

sorry - don't know anything about barbados embassy requirements. But if you are in email contact with a helpful person form their office, I hope you will find out exactly what's expected and will be able to plan the best way to deal with it. Good luck!

Seren,

I haven't heard any oz/us couples saying usc would fly out here (all the way out here - LOL) just for the interview! No one seems to think it matters to the Cos. Reading sydney reviews I haven't come across anyone saying: I wish my USC fiance was there because CO expected to see that gesture of support as well.

You'll be fine! Come out here to enjoy beautiful country when tickets are cheap and be with Corey, but don't worry abt interview :)

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.