poia

Proof of Having Met and Questions Regarding form I-129F/NOA2

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello. I have a couple of questions. I'm currently in the USA spending christmas with my fiancee. We would like to get started and send the I-129F form. Can we send it althought I'm still in the US (i'll leave in 3 weeks)?
Also I read the form requires a proof of having met and ongoing relationship. What should i send? every single airplane ticket? copy of my passport stamps? pictures? what else? movie theater tickets? how many of these things? what about the declaration? what should we write? do these things go all in the same package or should we separate them somehow?
have the tickets/pictures ecc need to be originals or we can just send them the copies?
Should we make copies of all of these for NOA2? Do all the documents of the foreign fiance need to be in english?
So to recap... we need form i-129f and g-325a, then we're gonna wait till noa2, then we need to send i-134 and then we wait for the medical/interview?

Sorry to be so annoying, just wanting to do things right. Thank to all of you who will respond.

Hi sablely,

Welcome to VJ! Here's a link that may be able to help you out:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/K-1_Visa

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page. In particular, the K1 Visa Guide and the K1 Flowchart.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Your questions show that you do not have a full understanding of the requirements (because you mention some things but not all) and what folks normally do.

As mentioned Read the Guides, Follow the Example Forms, read the sticky notes and look at other threads where the OP asks VJ to look over their submittals and make comments.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

hi i read the guides i just want to be sure of what to do. i have a doubt... what an i-94 record number? and the travel document number? im currently in the us but leaving in 3 weeks. also one more question for the g-325a form, i'm currently working as a babysitter in my hometown, does it count as employment?

Edited by sablely

Hi sablely,

The I-94 is the Arrival / Departure Record, in either paper or electronic format, issued by a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer to foreign visitors entering the United States. After April 30, 2013, most Arrival/Departure records will be created electronically upon arrival. Instead of a paper form, the visitor will be provided with an annotated stamp in the foreign passport. If provided a paper form, the admitting CBP Officer generally attaches the I-94 to the visitor's passport and stamps the departure date on the form.

If you are employed as a babysitter (meaning you get a salary) then yes, it is considered self-employment. If you earn more than US$400 at babysitting, you are considered to be self-employed as far as the IRS is concerned, for all income earned in that business.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello. I have a couple of questions. I'm currently in the USA spending christmas with my fiancee. We would like to get started and send the I-129F form. Can we send it althought I'm still in the US (i'll leave in 3 weeks)?

Also I read the form requires a proof of having met and ongoing relationship. What should i send?

You are the beneficiary, it will be the petitioner (the USC) that will submitting the 129f petition and other documents.

every single airplane ticket? copy of my passport stamps? pictures? what else? movie theater tickets? how many of these things?

Only need to document one meeting in person. Passport stamps are best but all that other stuff you listed helps.

what about the declaration? what should we write?

Two sentences. We met online and met in person on these DATES in this CITY. Depending on your country and Embassy, you may want to front load the petition with more information about your relationship. Look at other threads for examples.

do these things go all in the same package or should we separate them somehow?

Same package.

have the tickets/pictures ecc need to be originals or we can just send them the copies?

Should we make copies of all of these for NOA2?

Copies except those forms and letter that require an original signature.

Do all the documents of the foreign fiance need to be in english?

Depends on the Embassy, but yes they should be, or translated.

So to recap... we need form i-129f and g-325a,

Nope you need a lot more. You've stated you've read the guides so you should know the list.

then we're gonna wait till noa2, then we need to send i-134 and then we wait for the medical/interview?

Nope, read the guides and the flow chart.

Sorry to be so annoying, just wanting to do things right. Thank to all of you who will respond.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Hi sablely,

The I-94 is the Arrival / Departure Record, in either paper or electronic format, issued by a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer to foreign visitors entering the United States. After April 30, 2013, most Arrival/Departure records will be created electronically upon arrival. Instead of a paper form, the visitor will be provided with an annotated stamp in the foreign passport. If provided a paper form, the admitting CBP Officer generally attaches the I-94 to the visitor's passport and stamps the departure date on the form.

If you are employed as a babysitter (meaning you get a salary) then yes, it is considered self-employment. If you earn more than US$400 at babysitting, you are considered to be self-employed as far as the IRS is concerned, for all income earned in that business.

even if i don't have a contract? i just randomly babysit for the lady that lives in the apartment above mine, but i don't make 400 a month. should i just leave it blank?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/fiancee-visa/fiancee-visas

You , the beneficiary , do not need to provide any income documentation. Only the U.S. sponsor has to provide proof of income. You both need to provide a letter of your intent to marry , it must be original with wet signatures. No photo copies or electronic letters of intent. I-94 you print while you are here in the U.S.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

You want one paragraph on how you met. You want photos of the two of you and perhaps friends and family together to show the time in person, we sent photo copies with text descriptions of dates and times. Photo copies of the I-94, plane tickets, any hotel receipts etc that would have your names on them.

You should also take the original photos back to your home country for the embassy interview. Also, another set of letters addressed to that embassy with continued intent to marry. If you can, get the last three years of income taxes for the U.S. citizen and bring those back with you.

It would be a good idea to look onto your embassy website and see if you can see what they will require for the actual k-1 interview.

I sent my then fiance back after a visit with most of the documents she would need for the embassy interview. It saved time and money for mailing .

What country are you from, what state does the U.S. citizen live ?

Edited by tarzan31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.