LookyWhatIFound

December 2015 I-130 Filers

1,437 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congrats on your petition approval, dub42! I see you're in Michigan as well...that's where I'll be emigrating to. Ann Arbor, specifically.

Welcome to VisaJourney as well!

aw love AA, great town. I'll be about an hour north up in Fenton. We will all meet up for a pint when we get settled right? :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

aw love AA, great town. I'll be about an hour north up in Fenton. We will all meet up for a pint when we get settled right? :D

Hey my husband and I love Fenton!! His grandpa has a cottage up that way, on Tipsico Lake!

A pint (or two or three) sounds awesome!

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

Hey Dub42, congrats on your approval. I'm in a similar boat myself. I live in Shannon, Ireland with my wife and we filed our I-130 in December. We haven't been approved yet though, still waiting. We're at the California processing center though so it shouldn't be much longer (hopefully). Glad to hear you got approved so fast. Congrats again on your case number and invoice number, that's another big step.

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome. Hi from Shannon.

As a Clevelander, Go BUCKS!

-Reg

Timeline

Hey Dub42, congrats on your approval. I'm in a similar boat myself. I live in Shannon, Ireland with my wife and we filed our I-130 in December. We haven't been approved yet though, still waiting. We're at the California processing center though so it shouldn't be much longer (hopefully). Glad to hear you got approved so fast. Congrats again on your case number and invoice number, that's another big step.

-Reg

hey reg, thanks very much! Yeah i guess our case was received back on the 5/02/2016 at the NVC. I had selected my agent and we will pay the first fee today

Really cool to meet other folks here in ireland who are in same boat, it seems like a very lonely and stressful process for couples but so its great to have a little support group here.

Aha my wife is a Spartan of MSU so I guess i'll say GO GREEN :)

All the best

Dub

Timeline

-Reg

Lots of Ireland and Midwest love floating around. All going to plan I'll have emigrated to place about 30 mins west of Cleveland by the end of 2016.

Timeline

Lots of Ireland and Midwest love floating around. All going to plan I'll have emigrated to place about 30 mins west of Cleveland by the end of 2016.

We can all meet up at Cedar Point :D Best of luck with the process dude, very thanful for this little fraternity

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi everyone! Received our NVC welcome letter in the mail today here in Israel! Very excited and gave me a boost of great energy - to know the end of this 7 years in Israel is in sight!!!

Hi everyone! Received our NVC welcome letter in the mail today here in Israel! Very excited and gave me a boost of great energy - to know the end of this 7 years in Israel is in sight!!!

Great news Blanche no doubt you'll be back to New York in no time, but wow what a change that will be after 7 years in Israel! :D

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

I'll have a look at mine this evening.

No alien number on my NOA2 and the space is blank on my NOA1.

Separately, when do NVC send out the welcome letter? I've yet to receive mine and also have gotten no email (I gave my email address when I rang earlier this month).

No alien number on my NOA2 and the space is blank on my NOA1.

Separately, when do NVC send out the welcome letter? I've yet to receive mine and also have gotten no email (I gave my email address when I rang earlier this month).

Hi RJS7, well from what I found from DeeDahs NOA1 and mine is that the NOA1 had the USCs A# that was obtained through naturalization to become USC. So if you are a natural born USC than you don't have an A# and so your NOA1 wouldn't have an A# on it, if that's the case.

Hmm for NVC I would just call them and ask about your welcome package again, they are east to deal with, plus you probably won't get the same person again so they won't even know you called before.

About the A# for the beneficiary, I'm a bit confused but maybe seeing other NOA2s may clear it up. I know for sure they used to put the beneficiaries A# on the NOA2 several years ago. But I think it wasn't necessary to have it done by USCIS. So maybe NVC does it now, I don't know but maybe one of us will find the answer.

So if any of the other people who got their NOA2s see this can you all tell us if your beneficiaries A# is on your NOA2, so we can try to figure this dilemma out.

Thanks!

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Hey everybody we've already found 2 NOA2s that didn't have the beneficiary's Alien Number on it!!!

Deedah and RJS7 don't have Alien Numbers in their NOA2 Beneficiary slot.

Is that how its suppose​ to be or is USCIS screwing it up?

So if people with NOA2s can respond yes or no to the question,

Does your beneficiary have an Alien Number assigned on your NOA2?

We can figure out what's going on???

Thanks,

Looky ​​

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Ours had an Alien # on them but that's because my DH already had a green card before many years. Not sure what the reason is. I don't think it's something I would personally stress about, though.

Ours had an Alien # on them but that's because my DH already had a green card before many years. Not sure what the reason is. I don't think it's something I would personally stress about, though.

Ok well that's different he already had one from living in the US. But that number gets puts on the Visa and people will need it for AOS. I would want this issue fixed instead of the social security department deciding they can't give you a SSN cause you don't have a alien number, or 2 different A#s, one on one document and another on a different document. I would never put it past government to give you a headache. :D

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.