NatureWithUs

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING - WAIT TIMES - OUR RIGHTS

92 posts in this topic

Hi I too am from Srilanka, my husband had his interview January 7th. No news still. Ceac says case ready. My senator wrote and they said they got everything they need for the case and will contact us when there was a change. I just came back from visiting my husband. Can't believe this nightmare

Why do they do this to Sri Lankan people?

So the all 3 recent members are on line for AP?

This is no good!

Why do they try to stop us to go to USA to our spouses while other embassies have no this type of issues?

I am awaiting for my interview date but now very much frustrated.

Do you have any clue what may be the reason for AP?

It's not only for Srilankans but what I don't get is why they take so much time to review it.

say-what23.gifomg007.gifomg186.gif

:jest: Hey Everybody, So SHOCKER, Noor's appointment was actually a 2nd interview! :wow: They had told him to just bring copies of all pages of my passport, notarized & relationship proofs...like Skype logs, chats, etc... to the appointment today. That's it. (Although, I had a feeling that because it was an appointment, MAYBE it could be an interview. So we went over a couple things and I quizzed him right before he went in.) He said he went in, they called him to window, and asked for my passport pages copies, and his passport. Then they told him to go back and wait to be called. After half hour, they called him to another window. There were 3 COs there, and asked if he wanted English or Bangla. He said English is good. So there was one guy asking questions, and 2 were sitting beside him. Then after about 5 mins, 4 other COs came and stood behind the ones sitting. So that's 7! They proceeded to ask him every question you can think of (too many to list) about us, our life, how we met, married, our communication, my past, his past, our families, our present times, and what is he going to do in America,, etc.) They would ask lots of the same questions, in different ways, many times. They would turn off their microphone and discuss with each other (all 7) about ask this, ask that... and all the while Noor was calm and confident and happy to talk about me :wub: and our love! Congrats to him!!!! I'm so impressed and proud of him! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: He said at the end (45 mins later!) they were smiling :content: (real smiles) and said, "Thank you sir, it was a great conversation, and we have everything we need" then gave back our marriage invite we had submitted with I130, and all our pics we had submitted at original interview. Then Noor said, "Do you want these other papers we brought, Skypes, and Vibers..." The consular said, "No, we have everything we need, and we are satisfied our questions are answered, and we don't need those, if we need something we will let you know. Sir, it was a great conversation, and we will petition your visa, and get in contact with you, have a nice day, and thank you again for answering our questions, it was a great talk. Have a nice day." (He was smiling nicely). Then Noor left, and called me. I told him he did an excellent job and answered everything fantastically! He didn't hesitate with all the questions, and one question he didn't know, but he said, "Sir, I don't know, maybe 5 years or so..." like that. So he did great. I'm super happy with his surprise interview, and THEY KEPT HIS PASSPORT! So...what does everyone think??? :idea:

Congrats hopefully your husband will get his visa soon.

My husbands passport also at the embassy it's been two months since we submit the documents but still under AP, saying that every case is different so he might get it soon.

Edited by don123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Congrats to Natasha & Noor!

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751: August 4, 2018

Received by California ofis : August 6, 2018

NOA1 date : August 29, 2018

Biometrics date : March 29, 2019

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Natasha & Noor

Any news?

Cheers!!!

ROC Process:

Timeline

WOW!! Good job!!!

ROC Process:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hey everyone...look at my signature!!! Wooohooo Noor got approved for ISSUED, & will receive passport with visa within 10 days!!!dance143.gif

The relief we feel is indescribable! Hang in there, everyone...we got it, you will too! HUGS & Blessings! :dance: Doing my happy dance awwwhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

congrats Natasha&Noor!

Hey everyone...look at my signature!!! Wooohooo Noor got approved for ISSUED, & will receive passport with visa within 10 days!!!dance143.gif

The relief we feel is indescribable! Hang in there, everyone...we got it, you will too! HUGS & Blessings! :dance: Doing my happy dance awwwhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

congratulations

Timeline

Congrats!!!

ROC Process:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

On 2014 my husband and i been on ap with uscis for almost year, then it got approve sent back NVC and then us embassy for an interview on June 9th 2015 after interviewed it was put on AP again since then nothing change only time it changes on ceac when it was inquirers done. On April 20th we got the bad news it was denied and sent back to USCIS. I call them on April 6th let them know I was coming to Sri-Lanka and I would like to make an appointment. Person who talk to me and told me when I’m there I can email them and set an appointment. I did that what they ask me to do. Soon after I send the email my husband got a call from the embassy to pick his rest of his documents. I felt that was kinder odd for them to do that when I got the appointment. They knew I was coming and yet they denied before I even got a chance to speak with them.

Anyone knows how long will this whole process going to take? Once again when it goes back to us consular for the second interview can they denied the Visa again? i been told that's possible?

:energy:Hi ShaMarshie... I would hope they wouldn't deny after a 2nd interview...because then what is the reason for the 2nd interview?? Right?? I say be ready for your issued!!! :idea: My husband got a surprise 2nd interview and then got issued. NO worries!!! :thumbs:

Congratulations finally he’s home :) You guys look so cute together.. maybe one day we can all meet for a coffee at the Starbucks and share our stories.

Timeline

Hi Natasha & Noor,

Finally you won!! (F)

You look so happy in your new picture. Happy for you!! :dancing:

How is life together? (L)

Now we are on AP list :clock:

ROC Process:

• 3 weeks later...

Status Updated Date:

16-Jun-2016

:clock:

What about you guys? anything?

Status Updated Date 8th,9th,10th June After the Administrative Processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.