Avee8tor

HELP - Wife had interview and was approved, Montreal now want 2nd interview.

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

my wife and step son had their interviews in Montreal in July for IR-1 Visa's. They both got a letter saying "Welcome to the United States" etc and were told they should have their passports and visa in 10-14 days.

After a couple of weeks they hadn't recieved them and I emailed MTL to be told everything was OK it was just in Admin Processing.

Now 5 MONTHS later we get an email asking for her to attend a second interview in Montreal in 3 weeks, NOT my step son however.

Sent us both into a panic yesterday. Why would they do this? Haven't been asked for any additional documents etc since the interview or the 221g thing.

Anyone offer up some advise???

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

Montreal it's very difficult and inexplicable slow. My husband had his interview on May 21 and the officer told him "everything looks fine, just wait 2 or 3 weeks". However gave him a 221g but never requested any additional documents. The case has been under AP since then! Almost 7 months! I seen other VJ member going through a second interview in MTL and everything went fine after that. maybe they will request a new medical and police records. I will recommend to be there with her.
Wish you all the best with that interview and the rest of the process, please post updates.

I certainly plan on going up to MTL to be with her. We have no idea as medicals and police were all done just prior. They haven't asked for my stepson who interviewed with her to return. She is now so paniced, all this just before the holidays and interview right after the long holiday weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I certainly plan on going up to MTL to be with her. We have no idea as medicals and police were all done just prior. They haven't asked for my stepson who interviewed with her to return. She is now so paniced, all this just before the holidays and interview right after the long holiday weekend.

Hi!

Did your wife have the interview? if yes, How was it? what did they ask? my husband has been waiting for almost 8 months and I'm sure they will probably ask for a second interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

my wife and step son had their interviews in Montreal in July for IR-1 Visa's. They both got a letter saying "Welcome to the United States" etc and were told they should have their passports and visa in 10-14 days.

After a couple of weeks they hadn't recieved them and I emailed MTL to be told everything was OK it was just in Admin Processing.

Now 5 MONTHS later we get an email asking for her to attend a second interview in Montreal in 3 weeks, NOT my step son however.

Sent us both into a panic yesterday. Why would they do this? Haven't been asked for any additional documents etc since the interview or the 221g thing.

Anyone offer up some advise???

Thank you.

is your wife a native canadien or a naturalized canadien ? if naturalized, which country was she born in ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi,

We just came back from the interview today. Was a little taken back when we went into a room away from the other area where she had the prior interview and the lady introduced herself as a Special Investigator for the Department of Homeland Security!!

Turns out my wife's prior married name (surname, she was married before) is on their watch list and they needed (DHS) verify her identity in person plus go over and verify her prior travel. This is also in light of the recent events in the USA and she mentioned they are checking backgrounds of certain applicants. Wife's prior married name is of Arab descent.

All went OK and told that the application is good. What sucks is that they both have to get new medicals as they expire after 6 months and new police clearances as they expire after 12 months. Once we get those back to MTL they should get their IV status as soon as possible (per the Councillor).

Edited by Avee8tor

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ah. so it was a muslim-y problem. got it !

there are so many different queues !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thank you for updating us! Hopefully they'll be quick about the visas after receiving the docs they need. They can be slow about that as well.

Thank you for updating us! Hopefully they'll be quick about the visas after receiving the docs they need. They can be slow about that as well.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 months later...

Sorry forgot to update this.

Well she and my stepson did their new medicals again and got their police clearances, actually very quickly, and the stuff sent back to Montreal the following week (11th) Although they signed for the documents next day they didn't show it on the status page until 26th Jan.

Finally showed approved on the 2nd February, received passports etc., on the 3rd Feb., traveled to the US on the 5th Feb!!

Only other thing was the US$165 each payment for the issue of their Green Card, which was done from the US as you need both the MTL # and their A # assigned on the Visa in the passport. Still waiting for these but SS# arrived on 15th Feb., but she had already found a job and was working by the 12th February!!!

Edited by Avee8tor

Timeline

Sorry forgot to update this.

Well she and my stepson did their new medicals again and got their police clearances, actually very quickly, and the stuff sent back to Montreal the following week (11th) Although they signed for the documents next day they didn't show it on the status page until 26th Jan.

Finally showed approved on the 2nd February, received passports etc., on the 3rd Feb., traveled to the US on the 5th Feb!!

Only other thing was the US$165 each payment for the issue of their Green Card, which was done from the US as you need both the MTL # and their A # assigned on the Visa in the passport. Still waiting for these but SS# arrived on 15th Feb., but she had already found a job and was working by the 12th February!!!

Hi!

Thanks for the update, and Congratulations on finishing with the process :-)

my case is still waiting, will be a year next month. :-(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.