jayjensen

Fiancee never married but Embassy wants termination of marriage papers

64 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We have decided enough is enough and we hired a lawyer (actually its a family friend and no charge..so far) and he will coordinate us getting all the documents the Embassy has asked for and submitted correctly and completely so there should not be anymore confusion or questions from the Embassy or us anymore..or that's the idea we hope. So we will:

1. First thing we are doing is have the lawyer try to find out why the Embassy says my fiancée was married on June 11th, 2002 in Davao City. It would of been much easier if the Embassy or Consul would of responded to my request that I be sent a copy of the document he has showing her marriage or the reason why he says she is married or as married. We did order another CENOMAR for the lawyer, we are getting to be good at this CENOMAR thing. He has a partner in Davao City that will check marriage and birth records for us in Davao to see if anything pops up.

2. We will submit another CENOMAR. Since I never saw the actual 221 (g) and do not know if it says it or not, I did not know that the only authorized PSA branch

that the Embassy would accept CENOMARs from is the PSA branch in Pasay City. That might of saved us some time and headache if the Embassy would of mentioned that in some of their earlier mails they sent us asking about the CENOMARS and having to be sent directly from the PSA to Embassy. We had them sent from NSO - East Avenue in Manila. So hopefully this one will finally stick when they receive it. Still don't know if they did receive the CENOMARS we sent before or they couldn't use them since came from unauthorized PSA branch.

3. We will submit another NBI certificate as requested. I still can't figure out how ours expired in 5 months. It does seem like its been a year since our interview though.

4. Finally, schedule another medical. Do we have to schedule right away again after it expires or can we wait until we feel that things are going the right way or moving forward? I just ask because since we do not know what record we are looking for or what is needed to take care of the Termination of Marriage issue. I am being smart in not thinking anything gets fixed quickly and we extend the visa process an she goes through 3 medical exams.

Thanks for everyone's input and support. Hopefully we get everything straightened out and finally receive our golden ticket and start our life together.

1. You should read the 221g yourself.

2. I wouldn't do the medical until you get a handle on the other issues.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're correct, NBI is valid for a year, but the embassy doesn't like for the NBI or CENOMAR to be over 6 months old ... nothing in writing from the embassy on this, just a long history of people running into this wall and the CO requesting a new one.

Have your fiance forward the email from the embassy (221g are emailed now a days) so you know the details of what the embassy requested.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Just got an email 10 mins ago from the Embassy with a Reverification form attached to take to the PSA in Pasay City and have a CENOMAR sent to the Embassy. They spelled her middle name wrong on the reverification form. Lol

Just got an email 10 mins ago from the Embassy with a Reverification form attached to take to the PSA in Pasay City and have a CENOMAR sent to the Embassy. They spelled her middle name wrong on the reverification form. Lol

Of course they spelled it wrong...did you expect anything different?

You've got a lot more patience than I do. This case is getting on my last nerve, and it's not even mine!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just checked our status on ceac and it says, Ready your case is open please check your status after two business days. Case creation date and status update both dec 11. What does it mean?

Timeline

To be fair with you..I have wore out every emotion that a person can experience throught his lifetime..and I did it in 5 months. i finally got tired of laying in bed at night and asking God why did he do this to me? Ever since I met my fiancee because my son asked me to play a stupid game on my phone, something I never had done before or wanted to do but got tired of him hounding me everyday..I had thanked God for putting us together. How could He give me the greatest gift I could ever receive and than be so cruel by not letting us be together. So to save my saniety, all I cando is trust in God and know he has a plan for us..and laugh.

Timeline

To everyone but me..it means you are so very close to getting your Visa:)

And actually I am very happy for you..hopefully you will be together by Christmas

Timeline
I wish I could show you how this reverification form I was emailed was filled out and sent to me by the Embassy to submit to the PSA for CENOMAR via online. I noticed her middle name was spelled wrong but when looking at it clliser, I noticed her parents names were listed in wrong places ( father in mom's spot and so on)

Should I email the Embassy and inform them of the mistakes ( her middle name spelled wrong and patents switched)

We.do have a lawyer to help but I feel helpless when I see this and want to fix it myself

REF: ********, ******* * INTERVIEW DATE: JUNE 26, 2015

VISA CATEGORY: K1

CASE No.: MNLXXXXXXXXXX CORRECT

Petitioner: ******** *** CORRECT

Team 4

Date: 11 December

REVERIFICATION FORM

Republic of the Philippines

National Economic and Development Authority

NATIONAL STATISTICS OFFICE - MANILA

_X_ CENOMAR

Name of applicant : ******* **** **********MIDDLE NAME SPELLED WRONG

Date of birth : Month Date, Year THIS WAS CORRECT

Place of birth :City, State THIS WAS CORRECT

Maiden name of mother : FATHERS NAME WAS LISTED HERE

Name of father : MOTHERS NAME WAS LISTED HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To be fair with you..I have wore out every emotion that a person can experience throught his lifetime..and I did it in 5 months. i finally got tired of laying in bed at night and asking God why did he do this to me? Ever since I met my fiancee because my son asked me to play a stupid game on my phone, something I never had done before or wanted to do but got tired of him hounding me everyday..I had thanked God for putting us together. How could He give me the greatest gift I could ever receive and than be so cruel by not letting us be together. So to save my saniety, all I cando is trust in God and know he has a plan for us..and laugh.

I feel for you. You've been in a limbo for longer than we have and im already getting depressed. Whenever i find myself questioning everything that is happening to us, i shake it off and tell myself to just trust in the Lord. There's a reason for why it is happening. It is painful but i know it will just strengthen our faith in Him and our commitment to Him and to our loved one. We do what we can and leave it all up to Him. I know we will be with our fiance/fiancee soon one way or another. Love will always find a way

To everyone but me..it means you are so very close to getting your Visa:)

And actually I am very happy for you..hopefully you will be together by Christmas

Im really hoping and praying. Thank you so much. God bless you

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just checked our status on ceac and it says, Ready your case is open please check your status after two business days. Case creation date and status update both dec 11. What does it mean?

You should post your questions in your own topic, instead of hijacking another person's topic. (blue box upper right of the topic page)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.