sailormoon01

Any ladies traveling to meet their significant others?

13 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi, I am looking to travel soon to go to Lebanon. I live in Chicago. Are there any ladies who would want to join me? I can get tickets for close to nothing. It would be so nice to have a traveling partner, at least so my family will not worry. By the way, even if you are not going to the same country as me, we can travel to Europe together then split up. For example, if you are going to Morocco or something. Either way, let me know. I have connects in the airline industry as well as a ton of miles saved. I can help you get out for cheap just because I would feel a lot more comfortable traveling with another woman. Even if you are not in Chicago, you may have to connect through O'hare so it will work and I can bring you out to Chicago for about $30.

Hi, I am looking to travel soon to go to Lebanon. I live in Chicago. Are there any ladies who would want to join me? I can get tickets for close to nothing. It would be so nice to have a traveling partner, at least so my family will not worry. By the way, even if you are not going to the same country as me, we can travel to Europe together then split up. For example, if you are going to Morocco or something. Either way, let me know. I have connects in the airline industry as well as a ton of miles saved. I can help you get out for cheap just because I would feel a lot more comfortable traveling with another woman. Even if you are not in Chicago, you may have to connect through O'hare so it will work and I can bring you out to Chicago for about $30.

Why are you being so generous mademoiselle ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Truthfully, this seems like an odd offer, as there are many other charities that would accept such an offer. As to using this offer as a way to reassure family members, I don't think it's very effective. You're attempting to gain a travel partner but as a stranger. Not sure this would be very reassuring to me if I were your father or brother.

You might consider asking a family member or a family friend to travel with you, which would be far more reassuring to your extended family. Yes, it has that old fashioned chaperone feeling to it, but consider where it is that you're going. If you're meeting with a potential fiancee for the first time, then it would be wise to take extraordinary precautions.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

Wow, some people need to chill out! How is it a strange offer? I never said I would pay for anybody. I have a family member who works with the airline and I can get us to any European city for cheap. Then, I plan on purchasing MY ticket to Lebanon with my miles. If anybody wants to travel with me, I can help them get where they need to go for cheap. I never said I am willing to pay. I am just looking for somebody to travel with to feel a greater sense of security and for my family's peace of mind because there is so much happening in that part of the world now. People are far too paranoid these days! I guess I am a much more social person and looking to meet new friends. No need to get all paranoid and assume!

Truthfully, this seems like an odd offer, as there are many other charities that would accept such an offer. As to using this offer as a way to reassure family members, I don't think it's very effective. You're attempting to gain a travel partner but as a stranger. Not sure this would be very reassuring to me if I were your father or brother.

You might consider asking a family member or a family friend to travel with you, which would be far more reassuring to your extended family. Yes, it has that old fashioned chaperone feeling to it, but consider where it is that you're going. If you're meeting with a potential fiancee for the first time, then it would be wise to take extraordinary precautions.

Please read my previous reply. Anyway, you are not from the MENA forum or traveling anywhere in the MENA, so why even respond to this?

Timeline

How about minding your own business? Yes, I am no longer with my ex. However, I am trying to travel back to Leb to meet old friends and I thought this would be a good place to maybe meet people in my area who also will be traveling to the Middle East soon.

Timeline

Yeah, I had second thoughts about bringing that up. I decided to just sit back and see how this goes. No wonder the family has concerns...

Again, I will say what I told her. You need to mind your own business and stop being a bully. I forgot how the ladies on here bully so much. The funny thing is the majority of women on the MENA forum don't even like Arab men. I truly have an attraction for Arab men. I could get any Western guy, but I prefer not to. Many of the ladies here just go with Arab guys out of desperation, but if a handsome Western guy wanted you tomorrow, you would run.

When I see a post I don't like or find suspicious, I ignore it. No need to get your panties in a bunch ;) Have a nice day :P

Timeline

One more thing, there is NOTHING wrong with the post I had written about my ex. I was just trying to warn women about the reality and warn them that its fine to have fun with these guys but proceed with caution when trying to bring them to your country. The people who want to bully me really need to get lives. My post about my ex was heart felt and anybody who had a problem with it only has a problem because they are probably insecure within their own relationships. I know when I was with my ex, reading horror stories of other women didn't bother me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I know none of this is any of my business. She is asking if anyone is interested in traveling with her, a very simple question. Posting links to her previous posts from 2 years ago is unnecessary. everyone has a past, life goes on.

Timeline

Thank you :) I have no idea why they freaked out on me like that! Really it was just an innocent post and I was looking to meet people who might be in my area and looking to travel with somebody. Plane rides can be long and lonely. Who wouldn't want to meet another friend who is going to the same part of the world?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.