Klepley

MNL# and Email?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I understand correclty:

I called the NVC and retrieved the MNL number. I was told the packet was sent to Manila on 11/24/2015.

At this time, my fiance should set the interview date, even though I do not yet have the email stating the above has been received? And this email comes to me or to her?

She is concerned she needs the email for the medical exam.

Thanks!

Kevin

Klepley, on 02 Dec 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

If I understand correclty:

I called the NVC and retrieved the MNL number. I was told the packet was sent to Manila on 11/24/2015.

At this time, my fiance should set the interview date, even though I do not yet have the email stating the above has been received? And this email comes to me or to her?

She is concerned she needs the email for the medical exam.

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin

Once you get your MNL# it's rock and roll time. Check out my step by step guide for the next steps in your journey. There is no waiting now, but you need to keep moving so you get the visa soon. Link is in my signature at the red twisting arrow. Read the tabs to determine where you are then follow the steps down the tab then move to the next tab when you get there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Yep, that is what i have told her, time and time again, and I am following what you have noted on your site. It is a great reference and has helped me immensely. Now if she would just listen. LOL!

Thanks!

Kevin

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup just follow all the instructions in greenbaum's website.. That's what i did! I booked my fiance's on dec 23rd for her interview and she is going for her medical early this morning(pinas time)..there still more slots available for this month if you might want to do it just hurry! Goodluck bro!

You should have your fiancée read this thread because she is unnecessarily wasting time. All she needs to do now is pay the visa application fee and then make an interview appointment.

When she makes her interview appointment, she can print out the confirmation sheet which will get her admitted to the medical.

When a couple lands at this junction in the road, the Filipino finds herself caught up in having second thoughts. When it was still out of reach, she was fine, but now that it's here and she has to schedule the next events to get to the visa issuance often times they get cold feet. Now, having said that, it's time for you to do some evaluation and initiate a conversation with her. There is something here that you need to uncover and help her get over the hump or the relationship will never leave the Philippines. You need to have a heart to heart talk with her.

It's just my opinion. Good luck and I hope it turns around so you two can be together.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thanks but she is good. Her main concern is A) making a mistake and B) wanting to finish her teaching contract so we do not have to pay back her school. It has been 3 1/2 years now for us and we are both ready to get this done.

As an FYI, I just read one of the other forum questions, and now I am concerned again or at least have a question. Her son was listed, and is not on either the NOA1 and NOA2. I noted in the other question a person said the same thing, but then they were listed on the MNL??

So do we only receive one MNL for both of them?? She is going to start the process and I saw this question and now wondering?

Kevin

Klepley, on 03 Dec 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:Klepley, on 03 Dec 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:Klepley, on 03 Dec 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

Thanks but she is good. Her main concern is A) making a mistake and B) wanting to finish her teaching contract so we do not have to pay back her school. It has been 3 1/2 years now for us and we are both ready to get this done.

As an FYI, I just read one of the other forum questions, and now I am concerned again or at least have a question. Her son was listed, and is not on either the NOA1 and NOA2. I noted in the other question a person said the same thing, but then they were listed on the MNL??

So do we only receive one MNL for both of them?? She is going to start the process and I saw this question and now wondering?

Kevin

You should have received a NOA1 and NOA2 for both your fiancé and her child. When she gets the hard copy of the MNL# you should see her MNL# and below it will be the child's MNL#. It will be listed like this:

Case Number Status

MNLXXXXXXXXXX 01 MNL Ready

MNLXXXXXXXXXX 02 MNL Ready

01 is your fiancé's MNL# and the child will be 02.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

You can set up the interview, but mind you at SLEC they will look for the Embassy and NVC letter with my online application at SLEC. They asked me for it, my medical was on the 23rd of November - 2 days before my interview on the 25th.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can set up the interview, but mind you at SLEC they will look for the Embassy and NVC letter with my online application at SLEC. They asked me for it, my medical was on the 23rd of November - 2 days before my interview on the 25th.

SLEC does ask for both the NVC letter and interview confirmation letter/email/page, but the embassy website clearly states only one OR the other is required, so when the guards pushes for both, push back with the statement - The U.S. embassy website clearly states the NVC letter OR the interview confirmation.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

What should I bring to my medical examination?

• DS-260 Confirmation Form (strongly recommended). ""Copy of DS-160 for K-1 visa applicants""
  • Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appointment Service.
  • Appropriate medical examination fee.
  • Passport (valid for at least 6 months)
  • Three color pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background(two are for the visa and one is for the medical report).

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.