Dima_April

Co-Sponsors at Moscow Embassy? [split topic]

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I hope you don't mind my piggy backing on this post, but I worry about the same. I took care of family for 3 years; basically stopped working. I picked up a new job in February of 2015. I estimate my Gross income to be just under $17,000 for the year. I own a home appraised at $70,000, with no mortgage. I have in the bank $76,000, in savings. I ask various people, including attorneys when they give free advice, if I have enough and they say, I should. Call me paranoid, but I've asked a friend to co sponsor and he said he would. Now, I may use him and I may not, but he is a back up. Recently on a Facebook group, I heard co sponsors are not always accepted. Here I find they may be. My fiance is from Russia. We received our I-797 in the mail around 11/8/2015, so we are just beginning. Do you think I have enough to sponsor? I've kept my job, even though it doesn't pay well, b/c I am vested with the schools. This means I have secured health insurance at a group rate for he and I, when we retire. Since it was locked in as of last spring, I'm just waiting for my fiance to get here and then we will move on to a location where he can find work on an oil rig.

I'm also, a little afraid, because someone told me that the embassy views all applicants as a fraud case. What kind of questions will he be asked and will he be basically raked over the coals? So sorry for pessimistic views, but I love him and I try to look at the harsher side, to be better prepared.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

but I've asked a friend to co sponsor and he said he would. Now, I may use him and I may not, but he is a back up. Recently on a Facebook group, I heard co sponsors are not always accepted. Here I find they may be.

Yes, the Moscow US Embassy accepts cosponsors, if they look a the financial stuff at all.

My fiance is from Russia. We received our I-797 in the mail around 11/8/2015, so we are just beginning. Do you think I have enough to sponsor? I've kept my job, even though it doesn't pay well, b/c I am vested with the schools. This means I have secured health insurance at a group rate for he and I, when we retire. Since it was locked in as of last spring, I'm just waiting for my fiance to get here and then we will move on to a location where he can find work on an oil rig.

This has been answered on another thread.

I'm also, a little afraid, because someone told me that the embassy views all applicants as a fraud case. What kind of questions will he be asked and will he be basically raked over the coals? So sorry for pessimistic views, but I love him and I try to look at the harsher side, to be better prepared.

You just have to prove to a total stranger, the Embassy CO, that you have a legitimate relationship and that you two intend to get married, live in the US and stay married.

All your relationship evidences, when put together, should tell the story of your relationship, so content is key, rather than quantity.

From my perspective, most relationships follow a normal course, the getting to know you stage, the meeting in person, discussions of feelings for each other which then grows into discussions of living together and marriage, then talk about the visa process, then talk about life in the US, the filing the petition and all the paperwork, then planning for the move and the new life in the US.

Your evidences should show snippets of each stage.

Moscow is considered, these days for sure, as an easy Embassy. In years past maybe not so much.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, the Moscow US Embassy accepts cosponsors, if they look a the financial stuff at all.

Why would the US Embassy not look at financial stuff? I thought that one had to provide the last three years tax statements, pay stubs, letter from employer, letters from the bank showing savings and any other assets you intend to use?

That brings me to yet another question. If my fiance, shows this and the Embassy is not happy, will they tell him then and there? If so, can he have something from the co sponsor to whip out and present? Can he schedule his interview for a time when he is on shore and am I allowed to be at the interview or is it best for me to stay away?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope you don't mind my piggy backing on this post, but I worry about the same. I took care of family for 3 years; basically stopped working. I picked up a new job in February of 2015. I estimate my Gross income to be just under $17,000 for the year. I own a home appraised at $70,000, with no mortgage. I have in the bank $76,000, in savings. I ask various people, including attorneys when they give free advice, if I have enough and they say, I should. Call me paranoid, but I've asked a friend to co sponsor and he said he would. Now, I may use him and I may not, but he is a back up. Recently on a Facebook group, I heard co sponsors are not always accepted. Here I find they may be. My fiance is from Russia. We received our I-797 in the mail around 11/8/2015, so we are just beginning. Do you think I have enough to sponsor? I've kept my job, even though it doesn't pay well, b/c I am vested with the schools. This means I have secured health insurance at a group rate for he and I, when we retire. Since it was locked in as of last spring, I'm just waiting for my fiance to get here and then we will move on to a location where he can find work on an oil rig.

Please start your own thread to get responses to all your questions. Piggy backing is considered hijacking when you have so many questions different from the OPs.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Why would the US Embassy not look at financial stuff? I thought that one had to provide the last three years tax statements, pay stubs, letter from employer, letters from the bank showing savings and any other assets you intend to use?

That brings me to yet another question. If my fiance, shows this and the Embassy is not happy, will they tell him then and there? If so, can he have something from the co sponsor to whip out and present? Can he schedule his interview for a time when he is on shore and am I allowed to be at the interview or is it best for me to stay away?

Yes, they will tell him there. You are allowed in the interview with him if you want. When we went to the interview, they first collected all the papers/documents and then we waited for the interview. Just turn in everything you have right away, more is better than less.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Better to have it and not need it.

That brings me to yet another question. If my fiance, shows this and the Embassy is not happy, will they tell him then and there?

Yes, right then.

If so, can he have something from the co sponsor to whip out and present?

Yes if you have it and haven't handed it in during the initial document transfer. If he doesn't have something usually they will keep his passport and give him a white 221g form which indicates what they need, where to send it and when it is due.

Can he schedule his interview for a time when he is on shore and am I allowed to be at the interview or is it best for me to stay away?

Yes, or course, he needs to be there. Your attendance is your option; it is usually suggested that the beneficiary attends also, if it is possible or allowed.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.