rup001

NVC Expedite request sent - Respose?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi All,

On 11/25 (the day before thanksgiving) I have sent an email to NVC requesting to expedite my case on humanitarian grounds. Please note that the NVC has yet to generate NVC Case # or IIN# in my case. The expedite request was the way to go given the gravity of circumstance in Nepal; however, I initially wanted to wait until NVC will generate the case #.

Upon speaking to someone at NVC, someone confirmed that they had received my USCIS i-130 petition. When I explained the situation and why expedite was needed, the individual on phone, in fact, told me that it was ok to request expedite prior to NVC case # being generated.

I havent heard back anything yet, but I think its because of the log holiday. Question to you folks -

1) How soon do I anticipate to hear back from NVC on this?

2) If they indeed approve the expedite (given the fact that no NVC Case# is generated and documents submitted), what can I expected going forward?

Please shed some insights.

Thanks,

Rup

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Our expedite request took almost 25 days to get the approval from the embassy. However you still can submit the request using the USCIS #.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

hey rup001, i sent my expedite request on Nov 18 2015, got an email reply saying under review on Nov 23 2015. Haven't heard anything afterwards, so please update me on yours and i'll do the same. thanks.

also, you haven't created your time line. when's your priority date. hope you'll create one soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hello, we sent an expedite request on Nov 12, got an email reply saying under review on Nov 17. Haven't heard anything afterwards.....wait wait and wait

Edited by Kimbo

Timeline

hello, we sent an expedite request on Nov 12, got an email reply saying under review on Nov 17. Haven't heard anything afterwards.....wait wait and wait

hey rup001, i sent my expedite request on Nov 18 2015, got an email reply saying under review on Nov 23 2015. Haven't heard anything afterwards, so please update me on yours and i'll do the same. thanks.

also, you haven't created your time line. when's your priority date. hope you'll create one soon.

Seems like it is taking quite sometimes looking at your timelines. Have you guys tried to get status information via email?

I havent even received the "receipt/ under review" email. Tomorrow is the next business day after I posted my request, so hopefully I get some update tomorrow.

Will update, either way!

Edited by rup001

Timeline

Received an email communication from NVC today requesting two foreign phone numbers for the beneficiary and other details. Not sure if this is a good news or merely a part of the process.

Thanks,

Rup

Timeline

part of process, next is review and then decision. or perhaps the decision. would have been faster if you had included the numbers with original email. what's your cause? if its the earthquake and the current political deadlock, i couldnt pull it. let me know ur decision still.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We sent our expedite request on Oct 19th with full explanation of our circumstances, on Oct 23rd we received the same email you just got from them, on Nov 16th we received an email stated that the embassy willing to expedite our case once we submit all the documents. The NVC they're not the one who giving the decision on your request, they have to forward your request to the embassy first, the embassy has to look into your circumstances and whether to approve or denied it. So don't worry it is a normal process that they asking this information.

Good luck

Timeline

part of process, next is review and then decision. or perhaps the decision. would have been faster if you had included the numbers with original email. what's your cause? if its the earthquake and the current political deadlock, i couldnt pull it. let me know ur decision still.

ndprulx,

Similar circumstance, really. The post earthquake hardship for the most part. Petition includes my infant daughter and it has been very hard for my wife given additional blockade issues.

Timeline

do you have the NVC case no and INN so that you can at least start to pay your fees/260 and send them packages? you can send them packages in advance even before you pay IV fee, this saves you tons of time. if not, you should start calling them i'd say until you find a helpful representative willing to give you details over the phone and save a lot of time. Trust me and don't wait for them to contact you. I had to call them for every step which saved me few i guess and I get horrified thinking if i had opted to wait for them to contact me. Anyways, keep updated, and good luck. remember, your clock starts when they scan your document, and its 30 days before they will even buzz.

Timeline

Thanks, ndprulx.

I've been calling them pretty much everyday since they received the case. Its been a little over a week,however. But your advice is right on.

Is your case complete @ NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.