BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah Texas is like death for us K-1 filers. The NVC has been so smooth and less stressful--except for the moment where you bite your nails worrying about whether or not you'll end up in administrative processing and then a huge sigh of relief when you see they've forwarded your case. If your I-129F was organized and your case is pretty straight forward, you're more than likely not going to go in AP and they'll send it out within 2-4 days after your case number is set. I still stayed on top of the NVC and called everyday starting the 8th/9th business day after the NOA2 was approved.

We called last night (19th feb) Because my fiancé is moving so wanted to see if anything is needed (we've got the old place till April) and they just said it should get to us before we move but we've not had a case number assigned yet. That's probably because it's only 8 days after getting NOA2 approved. We're going to try and call next Friday I think and see if we can get a case number.

Our AOS journey

06/30/2016- We got married!! (L)

07/19/2016 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP documents in the post with 2 day priority USPS

07/28/2016 - Package delivered very late as was delayed somewhere in transit

08/09/2016 - Text and email notifications starting at 12.41am (texts came first and then email).

08/12/2016 - Get 3 NOA's in the post with the filing date 07/29/2016 and the NOA date 08/05/2016

08/19/2016 - Get biometrics appointment letter in the post. Scheduled for 08/29/2016 at 1:00pm

08/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment done - quick and easy!

10/13/2016 - EAD and AP approved!
10/27/2016 - EAD status updated to "Card Mailed To Me".
10/31/2016 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

02/04/2017 - I-485 case status goes straight to "Card is being Produced" (Approved without interview). 

02/06/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Case Approved"

02/07/2017 - I-485 case status changes to "Card was Mailed to Me".

We called last night (19th feb) Because my fiancé is moving so wanted to see if anything is needed (we've got the old place till April) and they just said it should get to us before we move but we've not had a case number assigned yet. That's probably because it's only 8 days after getting NOA2 approved. We're going to try and call next Friday I think and see if we can get a case number.

You'll more than likely have a case number by then. They'll probably have it assigned by Wednesday/Thursday since your NOA2 was on the 11th. You're almost there!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I received hard copy NOA2 in mail today, Feb 20. It may have been yesterday, but I didn't check. It was approved Feb 16. This was significantly less anticipated ...

by now we should have heard something we were just the bad kids in class or something being held after school or the same person has a couple of our filres and they went on vacations and left them on the desk

Who ever that is please enjoy your vacation and come back to finish processing our application Soon. We really need it

Slowly but surely, I feel like I'm making progress. I scheduled my Fiance's fingerprint/ medical appointment for February 24. His interview is March 7.

Hi,

Glad everything is moving along for you. I was wondering if you could help me with the ds-160. I started filling out, but confused at the end. Should I mark the box that says someone helped me fill out this form or should I complete the whole thing and just email him a copy for him to take to the bank ?

One other question, I know we have to pay $265 at el Banco Popular plus the medical, but I have read that you also pay $260 the day of the interview. It's that true ?

Thank you for any help you can give me !

Hi,

Glad everything is moving along for you. I was wondering if you could help me with the ds-160. I started filling out, but confused at the end. Should I mark the box that says someone helped me fill out this form or should I complete the whole thing and just email him a copy for him to take to the bank ?

One other question, I know we have to pay $265 at el Banco Popular plus the medical, but I have read that you also pay $260 the day of the interview. It's that true ?

Thank you for any help you can give me !

I did the form for him and I emailed it to both him and i, he took it to the banco after he printed the page, and everything was fine. The first interview day available was March 7, so I would get the fee paid asap, as they are filling up fast. As far as medical goes, you have to just show up between 6am-10am and wait in a line to be seen (I've heard it's 200 then) but that's as far as I know so far

Slowly but surely, I feel like I'm making progress. I scheduled my Fiance's fingerprint/ medical appointment for February 24. His interview is March 7.

Are you going to the interview? How long was your case at the NVC before they sent it to the embassy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question that really could be a problem. On our paper my husband gave me his passport number as his A#. He don't have Alien Registration number. So what should we do in this case. We don't want them to kick it out because of wrong information. "PLEASE help!!!!!!"

wong, on 19 Feb 2016 - 1:24 PM, said:

\

Mr. Greenbaum

Please give me some tips contacting them.

1. I just tried to submit an inquiry i got the following message

2. When i contact USCIS. all they say was: CSC processing time is 5 months your case is still withing the normal processing time..... from now till then you should received a notice at anytime ...... good luck to you ...... After 5 months if you don't received anything please contact us back for further investigation ......

What can i ask to get more info from the reps ?

3. I remember seeing an contact email address for CSC, but now i can't find it. should I emai CSC directy?

this was the one im talking about :

Thank you, your advice's always appreciated

Technically they are right. You are still within normal processing time. Those that are getting approvals under 45 days are being handed a gift. They aren't going to do anything till you reach 5 months. So best to sit tight for now and wait. I suspect you should here something within the next 30 to 45 days. Stay strong and don't stress yourself out about this.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

yaholodna, on 19 Feb 2016 - 5:25 PM, said:

Thank you for reply and for keeping us update!

I have a question,do i need to bring to the interview Noa2/Noa1 hardcopy? Different webs giving different info. Or from fiancee only affidavit and intent letter ?

Congratulations for everyone who received NVC -number, hopefully to have our next week

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should move over to your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy Ukraine.

Those in this thread, are applying from various Embassies around the world and there are different process for each. So what works in Russian, Philippines or UAE may not work for those processing through the Ukraine. VJ sub forum is for all things dealing with the US Embassy in the Ukraine and the members there will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-Belarus/

Get the UK K1 Embassy Letter (EL) at http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Good luck and God's speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Ms.F.Brown, on 20 Feb 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

I have a question that really could be a problem. On our paper my husband gave me his passport number as his A#. He don't have Alien Registration number. So what should we do in this case. We don't want them to kick it out because of wrong information. "PLEASE help!!!!!!"

What "paper" are you referring to? I am confused what you are referring to. A little more information will help us answer your dilemma.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

@dave2u & birchnploy

good luck to us all, look like we are the only 3 december filers that got left behind (at least only 3 that are posting here)

I haven't gotten 2nd NOA either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did anyone have similar experiences with any of the following?
1a. When talking to a USCIS representative they said average time is 5 months.
2a. The USCIS representative never heard of the term " 2nd notice of action" referring to it instead as something else.

3a. Swears by the bible that no one could possibly have received their "2nd NOA" (but they call it something else) within 1 month, or 2 months. -this was said by a supervisor that I spoke to on the phone with USCIS.

I'm also wondering:
1b. If anyone has contacted the USCIS after they received their 2nd NOA and how the representative reacted to the fact that their approval came in 40 days or so.

2b. If we should continue contacting the USCIS for our visa related inquiries after we receive our 2nd NOA or someplace else.

Also can please post a link to a forum for k1 visas with the beneficiary being from China.

Edited by MichaelandLu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.