ambyuk

I-864 in purple ink - will it be rejected?

8 posts in this topic

My in laws sent the i-864 joint sponsor forms express mail and I just got it, it's all in purple ink. Sigh. Most is typed but some field did not allow filling online so those are handwritten and of course the signature. Please tell me they will still accept it? It's too late now to get a replacement in time!

Married since 2001. Lived in USA for 5.5yrs, UK for 9yrs, back to USA in 2016.

Uhm. Did you not tell them black ink? This is a legally binding form. I suggest a replacement asap.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Of course I did... And it's on the forms. Mother in law is apparently a bit ditsy! Question is, will they just do an rfe and I can send in the replacement as soon as I get it? If so that's not as much of a concern. I just don't want it to be rejected on this basis! Anyone got experience with this?

You won't be denied because of it. If London insists on a new copy, they will give you time to get one. Typically they would not keep your passport, but will tell you to send the replacement form and passport via their contracted courier to the embassy. They will issue the visa without any additional appointment, but they aren't that quick about it....meaning it isn't going to happen the day your things arrive. You may miss Christmas in America because of this, if that was your plan.

London had been pretty flexible in the past with things they have accepted and exceptions they have made, like photocopies instead of originals. Maybe make a great photocopy in black and try to talk your way into acceptance.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I heard of someone from the UK getting denied recently because their print of the form was too light, they could read it but it was too light!

It seems some of the officers are VERY picky, I would get it done in black ink to be on the safe side.

It gets better. There is only the front page of their tax returns and no W-2's. Argh.

It gets better. There is only the front page of their tax returns and no W-2's. Argh.

That will NOT work.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

That will NOT work.

I know. She's now scanned and emailed me all the documents I need thankfully. Just have to hope we get on OK with the form!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.