TheResistance

Should I Be Concerned?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got the message that the case was accepted. NOA, 10/28. A friend of my fiancee and her fiance (gosh, and I think I have been misspelling that anytime I refer to her) got their acceptance 10/29. Now this friend apparently they got their NOA2, while we are waiting even though we were a day ahead of them. Now, I do not know if there are issues I should be concerned with, or if this means absolutely nothing. Now my fiancee is freaking out that because she thinks we will be denied because:

> I owe tax money (from not having a living wage job for four years)

> Currently in a temp job at something not so close to a living wage (and unless they hire me permanently or I find something perm. I am here until they get rid of me)

> That I pay child support automatically (but unfortunately they not live with me, so they are not claimed as dependents)

> Am in default on school loans (go back to not having a proper job since my 2011 layoff) and I got lawyer offices calling me constantly

I was told in the past that these issues are not to worry about, but now she made me get nervous all because we heard nothing yet and someone she knows, who was accepted a day after, is bragging how she got theirs.

Do you think it is a first come, first served by acceptance, or just the way they process things it could be longer?

Thanks.

Its clear that not all processing times are the same, and cases are concurrently worked on. Not much evidence to go on simply cause one lone person supposedly got there case in a day before you to draw any sort of conclusions on the different specifics of those said cases.

Edited by heo luoi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

all those things you listed has nothing to do with your NOA2 . you will soon realize that everyone gets NOA2 at different times even when they filed the same time. some get their NOA2 fast and some very very slow. relax and don't let things stress you to much . let them brag.

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

It's not always first come-first serve. Also some cases take longer than others depending on the situation.

You're fine. Just be patient! :)

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No two journey's are exactly the same. There are so many variables that effect timelines. Patience is key. You'll hear something soon. Enjoy the holidays and enjoy life!

Timeline

I had the same question since everyone is getting approved. Our NOA1 was 10/20 and it makes us frustrated that our case hasn't moved yet. Reading this forum lessens the frustration. But still anxious with NOA2. Hoping we all get approved soon

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any status on yours, angeliquerosario?

Anyone got an email, or a number I can speak to an actual human? I just like to get a status from a person.

Thanks.

I had the same question since everyone is getting approved. Our NOA1 was 10/20 and it makes us frustrated that our case hasn't moved yet. Reading this forum lessens the frustration. But still anxious with NOA2. Hoping we all get approved soon

Timeline

Any status on yours, angeliquerosario?

Anyone got an email, or a number I can speak to an actual human? I just like to get a status from a person.

Thanks.

Nothing from USCIS yet since NOA1. My fiancé called USCIS hotline one time and asked why people who filed later than us are getting NOA2 and we're not. The agent answered their "basic" answer which we are still in the normal processing times (which is 5 months).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was expecting my second notice several days ago. The website said it should come between Dec. 4 and Dec. 9. My NOA1 date was Nov. 6. Nov. 9s are being processed now. Really bummed out now...was so excited to get the ball rolling but from my understanding there's nothing I can do as a call to USCIS will say I am still within their normal 5 months processing time (which is BS, but what can you do?).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Been about 60 days now since NOA1 stamped. I check their website, all I can do, several times a day. Morning, evening. Night, early morning. I am unable to access such a site from my temp job during the day. I just keep checking and checking and praying for it to happen before my temp job ends (a fear I have every 3 months) until I can find a proper one.

Timeline

Been about 60 days now since NOA1 stamped. I check their website, all I can do, several times a day. Morning, evening. Night, early morning. I am unable to access such a site from my temp job during the day. I just keep checking and checking and praying for it to happen before my temp job ends (a fear I have every 3 months) until I can find a proper one.

Hi! Before, I have been waiting for any updates 60+ days after our NOA1. But guess what? After 60+ days and upon my fiancé checking his mailbox, he got the NVC letter. Our application was already sent to UsEm Manila without any e-mail or status change from USCIS case tracker that I-129f was already approved. Just keep your hopes up, but holidays are here so wait a little more. Or you can also maybe call USCIS and ask for a Tier 2 officer, they are a lot helpful than the first hand agents. Hope this helps.

Timeline

She found out today someone else she knows got their NOA2, and of course they even filed after us. If I knew anyone else, I would say so, but she knows people doing other visas, not I. I do not think I even met a single person and knowing if they were involved in a marriage visa at some point. Definitely not while I was growing up in Massachusetts. We all were Italians!!! Even if recent terrorist attacks scaring USA governments, how are these other people getting approved? She thinks another reason is all her past employers are US diplomats. Could they be lying about her work ethics? Her recent ones are the ones who abused her for years, making her work like a dog for what we call pennies. Could their backgrounds and her relationship with them be under some massive investigation?

If I can find a working number, I will indeed ask for some supervisor. The number on the NOA1 form is useless, and I pressed a lot of buttons to find different ways it wants to disconnect me because "0" is simply disabled everywhere in this world.

:crying:

I need to watch the latest Doctor Who episode too.... :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.