1,321 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Today (Friday August 12th), I received another text telling me that my card has been delivered. I was out with my sister and nieces, and checking our mail box upon getting home, there it was. A Priority delivery envelope from the USCIS. Opening it with reserved excitement, there inside was that card that seemed would never come.

My permanent residency card is now in my hands. I can still hardly believe it! No more dealing with USCIS again for almost two years! I am, however, going to be contacting the Ombudsman regarding the RFE asking for a complete new medical... For now, I'm just relieved to finally have got to the end of this process.

Wishing most positive thoughts for all other November 2015 filers who are still waiting. And for those that have had no updates since last year, especially if USCIS can't tell you where you case currently is, I encourage you to contact your local Congressman/ Senator. I'm sure that will help speed things up as I strongly suspected it did in my case.

Congrats! Enjoy your time away from USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats Chas! Excellent news :dancing:

So, on the day I was going to post my letters to the Congressman and two senators, giving them the authorization they requested to look into my case, I receive and update from USCIS, that my interview has been scheduled for next month.

Weird how the timing has worked out lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys,

I'm hoping someone could help clarify.

I finally have my interview date and I'm reviewing what I need to bring to the interview. I'm transferring from K1.
1) Do I need to fill out I-693 form? (I sent them the vaccination supplement initially with I-485, my medical report was taken at the K1 interview)
2) Do we need to re-fill the I-864 form? This was submitted with I-485 but my husband has since got a new job. So does he need to redo it with new employer/salary info?

Also - can anyone clarify what the heck is meant by "All documentation establishing eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status" ?

Thanks in advance!

Finally!! I got my interview notice scheduling it for Sept 26. It will be 10 months since I started the AOS process. Didn't think this would take that long. Hopefully now everything will work out smoothly! Fingers crossed. :yes::yes:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got our interview 9-12 san diego office, everything went good, but the officer couldnt find ny husband's medical examination, and put our case on hold. What a frustation after waiting for more than 10 months for the interview... and have to wait MORE! :-/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We got our interview 9-12 san diego office, everything went good, but the officer couldnt find ny husband's medical examination, and put our case on hold. What a frustation after waiting for more than 10 months for the interview... and have to wait MORE! :-/

That does sound frustrating! Ours is on Monday in San Diego, any advice?

08.10.2007- Started talking on IMDb
05.30.2009- Met in person
06.07.2014- Got engaged
K-1 Timeline
04.04.2015: I-129F Mailed
04.09.2015: Electronic NOA1 Received, sent to California Service Center
06.02.2015: NOA2!
06.05.2015 NOA2 Hardcopy
07.07.2015 Consulate Received
07.17.2015 Packet 3 received/submitted
07.17.2015 Packet 4 received
08.21.2015 Medical
08.25.2015 Interview-approved!
10.03.2015: POE ( Calgary International Airport)
11.13.15: Married my love <3

AOS Timeline

12.15.2015: I-485/I-765/I-131 and supporting documents mailed

12.22.2015: USCIS Received

12.24.2015: NOA Date (as found on I797's)

12.27.2015: NOA1 received by text email for all 3

01.02.2016: NOA1 received in mail

01.28.2016: Biometrics in Chula Vista

03.07.2016; Filed service request (Service request number not currently assigned for processing)

03.14.2016: EAD Update, New Card being Produced

03.19.2016: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No copies at all :-/

In san diego everything OK nothing crazy to be nervous... our case got frustated because THEY lost my husband medical examination... thats all... now we are on hold got a rfe and need to do the medical again!... just have all the docs that is in your interview appt letter...

Good luck!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi nov 2015 filers,

I've had my interview on jun 28th 2016 at newark NJ office for my i-485, but still no response from the uscis . Almost 3 months now. Anyone passed with the same experience. Thanks alot

still nothing here! :crying:

AOS Journey(I-130, I-485)

Packet Sent: 11-03-2015 (9:47 am)

Packet Received: 11-07-2015 (9:07am)

Confirmation Texts & Emails: 11-17-2015 (11:21 pm)

Received NOA Letters 1 & 2: 11-21-2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter: 11-27-2015 received. (Scheduled 12/10/15 10:00am)

Biometrics Completed: 12-04-2015. (Walk-in, took less than 10 minutes!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.